Blu's Fear...

BluBlood

"Mississippi Woman"
Ok...I went to the dentist for my painful wisdom tooth. (Note, I said tooth) Well my dentist suggested that I have all FOUR teeth remove, because they may give me problems in the future.

I call to make the appointment. The lady is like "you will have less problems if you be put to sleep". O.....K...I have never had surgery or anything remotely close to where I have to be put to sleep. When actually processing that thought, I can't for the life of me fathom them putting me to sleep. What if wake up in the middle of it? How will they know if I'm knocked out by the medicine or just tired? What if I'm seriously brain damaged afterwards? *sigh*

HELP!!!

If anyone has experience being put to sleep, what can you say to comfort Blu? :(

Yes, I have......

....and it's an over exhilarating experience. Nothing like it.:tup:

Now, I did not get put to sleep for my wisdom teeth extractions, but I should have. It took me over a week to recover b/c they all had to be cut out.:eek: That was awful...sorry, don't mean to scare you but you may wanna take that putting to sleep option.:uhoh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: Yes, I have......

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
....and it's an over exhilarating experience. Nothing like it.:tup:

Now, I did not get put to sleep for my wisdom teeth extractions, but I should have. It took me over a week to recover b/c they all had to be cut out.:eek: That was awful...sorry, don't mean to scare you but you may wanna take that putting to sleep option.:uhoh:

Like Dtown they cut mine out as well. Something about being slightly impacted.. :( But it was not that Bad...Just eat soup for 3-4 days and you will be ok.

Oh, I never been knocked out, but i had the gas.. The brother was laughing at the pictures on the wall.

:D

I wouldn't mind getting put under on the regular.........

Blu, I got put under.

You start counting backwards from 100...and by 98 I was out.

You'll have it administered by IV (well, I did) and when you wake up, you'll be groggy, but feeling high as all get out. You won't be able to drive for a few days, but make sure somebody gets your prescription for your pain medicine, cause you're gonna need it.

Afterwards, when the pain hits, think about sausages....that seems to have a calming effect on you.

:lmao:

Two seconds huh...

A couple of days??? Is it like that? No wonder she said, I will have to bring someone with me. I don't have any family in Jxn. Will I be that out of it? I just don't think that anything will be able to have me that out of control. I usually can control/overcome things like that. Mind over Matter :rolleyes: *sigh*

Ok...think sausages, huh. *licking lips*
:rolleyes: :lmao:

So Blu,

When do you go to the Dentist? and what have you elected to do?

Get the Gas and be Goofey for a couple of hours.

Actually...

I nixed the all four suggestion and let him pull the one "problem child". Used local anesthesia and I walked the mile and a half home. Never had a problem with the other three.

I was told I had a high threshold for pain.

*sigh* I will just have to be a big baby and go crying to Mama.
mecry.gif

Originally posted by BluBlood
*sigh* I will just have to be a big baby and go crying to Mama.
mecry.gif

Blu, you will be ok. It is not that bad. :) You have Robber, Get Ready, Battle cat, and the rest of the Mafia to be there for you. :D

Back