Blu Panther, Jafus, Fiyah, PV Posters

D-NICE

Retired Milkman
No smack intended, but what's going on at PV? I know it will take at least 3 years to see the full allotment of scholarships at work, but what's happening there, are the players not responding to Whittington? Did they feel like Dorsey got phugged over?

I mean, even though you guys were outmanned, the kids at least played hard, and would be in most games until the 2nd half, when the other teams depth kicked in, but looking at the points put up against you, it almost seems as though you've taken some steps back, instead of forward.

Is there a concern that the wrong hire was made? Do you guys see any progress being made? With everything that's been going on at JSU, and ASU, you guys have sort of been lost in the shuffle with a new coach in place.

Again, no smack, just trying to figure out what's going on.

NICE

I saw the PV/GRAM game and thought P.V. fought real hard. I too was shocked at the Alcorn score. Please tell us what is going on (no pun intended).

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I am at a loss too...I realistically wasn't expecting much this season with the new coach/staff and the scholarships. But they have somehow managed to fall well below my expectations. I see some signs of progress in certain areas. But in the areas that matter most, I have seen a decline. They play hard, but....I dunno...I can't explain it. I'm not gonna pin it on the coaches yet.

Getting beat by 50+ week in and week out is disheartening to say the least, no matter what the circumstances.

The Alcorn game is really the first game that we were just blown out in the first half and couldn't do anything on offense all game. Although SU scored 34 in the irst half, our offense was moving the ball a bit. We had a lot of players out injured and our defensive schemes suck.

We're a Work In Progress.............Just not sure which way the progression is going just yet.

The lack of recruiting in conjunction with the limited scholarships self sanction over the last two seasons has finally caught up with the program. Coach Dorsey was a solid coach and able to get his players to play hard. But in my opinion, his in ability to recruit Texas players and continue to Miami connection/pipeline that Coach Johnson from Langston started during his tenure is coming to the forefront now. Put this all together with a questionable defensive scheme and philosophy and you get such results.

In my opinion, considering the young freshman players we have on the roster now. If they can stay healthy, continue to mature and fight along with two additional solid recruiting classes over the next two seasons as well as actual construction for remodeling the stadium should yield meaningful and positive resulting in the efforts to build Prairie View A & M University's athletic football program along with the commitment that has been made to all the athletic programs.

Originally posted by Jafus (Thinker)
The lack of recruiting in conjunction with the limited scholarships self sanction over the last two seasons has finally caught up with the program. Coach Dorsey was a solid coach and able to get his players to play hard. But in my opinion, his in ability to recruit Texas players and continue to Miami connection/pipeline that Coach Johnson from Langston started during his tenure is coming to the forefront now. Put this all together with a questionable defensive scheme and philosophy and you get such results.

In my opinion, considering the young freshman players we have on the roster now. If they can stay healthy, continue to mature and fight along with two additional solid recruiting classes over the next two seasons as well as actual construction for remodeling the stadium should yield meaningful and positive resulting in the efforts to build Prairie View A & M University's athletic football program along with the commitment that has been made to all the athletic programs.

i agree!

Hmmmmmmm!

We will get it together some day. We just wished things were going a little better. I can say that our offense while not scoring points has moved the ball the best this year in a long time. Not saying much but if you look for a positive, that is it.

KCPVPanther

I think Prairie View's football team has regressed ever since Dorsey left. Why was Dorsey fired? I heard L.C. Cole is available.

we need players...immediately

JUCO ranks would help but it's hell trying to get them qualified...especially at PV. They go everywhere else but here.

Originally posted by BlueandWhiteTiger
How many head football coaches have Prairie View had in the last ten years?

Sappatuer, Johnson, Gillard, Dorsey, Whittington...this is just a noted few..why don't they just let COACH JACKETT have the team?

Originally posted by Bandmaniac
Sappatuer, Johnson, Gillard, Dorsey, Whittington...this is just a noted few..why don't they just let COACH JACKETT have the team?

Dayum, that's one of Prairie View's problems, no stability.

Originally posted by BLUEBENGAL
Dayum, that's one of Prairie View's problems, no stability.

It's called 3 and out and none of them really had scholarships to offer anyone to come to PV unless it was academics until ths year.

Whittington - 1st year (playing mostly freshman)
Dorsey - 3 (won with Johnson's recruits)
Johnson/Gillard - 3 (Gillard was a interim)
Sapenter - 3 (should have never been there)

Back