Black Scholars

CEE DOG

I have been struggling with this answer for years so maybe you guys can help me out. Why are many of our black scholars teaching at PWU schools ? I mean some of these bro./sis. have so much to give back and are supposedly so down for the cause but they teach at Yale, Harvard and Purdue. Why not go to our HBCU's and educate our young people. Don't get me wrong I love to read their books and listen to them speak but I just don't understand this.

IMO, it's just like everything else. MONEY!!! They are paid better at these institutions than at ours. They also have more resources than we do. For example, with the exception of Howard, I'm not aware of another school that has they're own publishing co. The PWC's offer more places to get published and better research. That's why we can't get Cornell West. Harvard's more attractive. In some cases I think it's good because they reach a cross section that needs to be reached. Something we don't have at HBCU's. But make no mistake, we have great scholars and our resources are gaining....

Back