Black Independent Schools

JSU*Toi

What are your thoughts on Black Independent Schools or African Centered schools?

There are a lot of them coming up around the states and I was looking into working at one with the hopes of one day starting my own.

I would think that being that most of us are products of HBCS's that we would be supportive of them. But I have heard both go and bad from both sides. What are your feelings on these schools?

My roomate works at an African Centered school here in Detroit..... the name of the school is "Aisha Shule".

I for one have no problem with these school.......they are culturally centered and geared for us......however, there are some cases where the education is not as "rounded" as it may be in a regular school (meaning that our culture is all that is covered)......however, the same thing can be said about education in a regular school (that they don't cover enough about our culture)......

It's a double whammy.....I agree with these type schools as long as the child is educated in what everyone else is as well.....
Imagines how much a child will prosper and thrive in such an enviroment....

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back