Black Congressman Eyes Alabama Governor’s Seat

:lecture: My fellow blacks lets support our fellow black counterparts who are trying to reach for the highest level of sovereignty and may they leave trails of justice that shines throughout history!

It's not about his race. It's about his position on the issues important to staunch Democrats like myself. He's running a general election campaign and haven't gotten out of the primary. I understand what he's trying to do but I don't believe it will work.

“You cannot curse Bubba and Cooter, Big Man and June Bug in the daytime and beg them at night.â€￾

It's not about his race. It's about his position on the issues important to staunch Democrats like myself. He's running a general election campaign and haven't gotten out of the primary. I understand what he's trying to do but I don't believe it will work.

“You cannot curse Bubba and Cooter, Big Man and June Bug in the daytime and beg them at night.â€￾

I stated this to say that we need to support our own not to make it a race thing but if the guy has it then we should support them. I have seen many blacks stray away from their own because of negativity.

I will say that as of right now, Davis won't be getting my vote...but if he can get out of the primaries and be the top demo, he will have a chance. From all that I have witnessed and read, and from speaking with some local GOP and Dems, the race issue will be mild in this election. I know that some on both extremes will play the race card, we are still in Bama, but I have been shocked at those that oppose Davis, actually basing it on his politics or his party affiliation.

I don't know if he can/will win, but it is obvious that he is a major player in the election.

Artur Davis was the only member of CBC to vote against the health care bill.:upset: His vote did not represent his congressional district. I predict he loses in the Democratic primary.

Artur Davis was the only member of CBC to vote against the health care bill.:upset: His vote did not represent his congressional district. I predict he loses in the Democratic primary.

His vote did not represent his congressional district but it did represent the wishes of the total state. He won't lose in the Democratic primary based on that one vote.

His vote did not represent his congressional district but it did represent the wishes of the total state. He won't lose in the Democratic primary based on that one vote.

He will not win this state. I know a bunch of folks who will not vote for him. Also, this is Alabama, they will not have a brotha for President and as the Governor. You talking about starting a war...............

Toi, I live here and that's not what I'm hearing or feeling from family members and friends. Black voters dominate in the Democratic primary. He's on the wrong side on the gambling and health care issues. Black Alabamians will not forget Davis voting against President Obama's signature policy. Again, he's running a general election campaign and hasn't won the primary yet. It's a gamble that I personally don't think is winnable.

JC,

I understand you but it is also about ground game and the better candidate. Davis is just the better man for the job. I will be back in bama in about 2 weeks I will shoot you an email to an event that you and your family and friends should come to.

JC,

I understand you but it is also about ground game and the better candidate. Davis is just the better man for the job. I will be back in bama in about 2 weeks I will shoot you an email to an event that you and your family and friends should come to.

Toi, please do that. I respect your work and your opinion.

JC,

Toi,
Looking at the 2011, MS governor race. Does Johnny Dupree stand a chance?

Davis want win Bama. He needs to win Huntsville/Decatur or should I say Madison/Morgan county to win Bama, blacks in Huntsville vote in big numbers. A bunch of the folks I know don't like him.

I havent followed the Davis race, but he would have to maximize Black turnout to even have a chance in the general. I'm not sure he can do that.

I havent followed the Davis race, but he would have to maximize Black turnout to even have a chance in the general. I'm not sure he can do that.

He will do that if he won the Primary contest. Many black people are upset at Davis for not representing his congressional district and voting against our first black President.

Black Alabamians idolize President Obama and 90% of the white voters despise him. It is a very polarized state. A Democrat only needs 30% of the white vote and a large black turnout to win a statewide election.

It appears Artur Davis the most qualified individual in Alabama's governor race is going down tonight. It has been reported that he lost Dallas County (a majority black county) 54% to 46%. Davis gambled and is losing the Black Belt which made up his congressional district. This was his election to lose. He did not support the two issues most important to Democrats who vote in the primary.

Piss poo campaigning. When are these candidates going to learn that positioning yourself for the General election is useless unless you take care of your base. Looking at the totals, it doesn't appear Davis even got the majority of the African American vote.

Piss poo campaigning. When are these candidates going to learn that positioning yourself for the General election is useless unless you take care of your base. Looking at the totals, it doesn't appear Davis even got the majority of the African American vote.

He did nothing to seek the African American vote and there was no reason to support him. He voted against the Democratic Party agenda and did not represent the people in his District who needed Health Care.

He did nothing to seek the African American vote and there was no reason to support him. He voted against the Democratic Party agenda and did not represent the people in his District who needed Health Care.

His advisors should be sued for malpractice.

I told yall he didn't stand a chance. You can't try and change your stripes to win an election.

Some are saying what is on my mind. I am not an expert on Alabama politics but did look a little at this race. A politician should secure their base first and foremost. Maynard Jackson and Andrew Young did that for their races of mayor of Atlanta. Jesse Jackson did that in 1984 and '88 and was able to make it to the convention. Obama did that in 2008 and won the White House. The republicans do it constantly.

Parker Griffith won his District 5 (D) US Representative Seat because of the black vote and switched to the GOP. He lost the GOP Primary which is great for our district. He openly opposed everything blacks stood for an it is a great thing he was voted out of office. I don't understand Davis, but I am glad he lost. Wwe got to get the vote out in our states and local elections.

Back