Black and Gold "Kryptonite"

GramFan

Well, all I can say is . . . . NICE!!! Especially nice, after a nice drive back to Louisiana and watching the G-Men put a thorough arse whipping on Jackson State. Five Observations:

1. The super hero known as "Superman" got his arse toe up from the flo' up last night. Six interceptions, 4 sacks, and 2 fumbles while trying to get his arse from under center as quick as he could. I guess I cant blame him, there was just too much pressure on him. Hell, he should get the "Run for my Damn life" award for that performance. The bottom line: Super man met "kryptonite" and it wasnt green. It was black and gold.

2. I can't blame SU fans for complaining about the cheating arse referees. 14 penalties for 114 yards on the G-Men, 5 for 27 on JSU- Ridiculous!!! I laughed at the SU folks last week, but laugh no more. JSU definitely has a 12th man - the refs. Isht still doing any good.

3. Robber, you said that their wouldnt be enough Grambling fans to hold a checker game or something to that effect. Pretty good turn out in black and gold, would you say?

4. That sorry arse Jackson State band bored their own fans at halftime. I preferred the University High School band from St. Louis which performed before the game. Gram's band was once again "world famous."

5. Sylvester's BBQ shack near your campus has some good BBQ. The best I ever had.

Originally posted by GramFan

I guess I cant blame him, there was just too much pressure on him. Hell, he should get the "Run for my Damn life" award for that performance. .

YOU WILD!!!!

Too much "Shank" for ya?

Too much Spears?

Or just too much D

Tell ya what, Shanklin is the real deal. Cat quick!!! He would have taken that first kickoff to the house if it hadn't been for that big "sleestack" looking kicker JSU had back there. A traditional style non-athletic kicker wouldn't have been a problem for Shanklin but that Alan Paige look-a-like boxed him in so that the others could make the tackle from behind. I predict a Shanklin TD or two next week for homecoming and I will be right there to watch it.

I'm beginning to believe that jsu had the refs on their payroll. The yellow flags were ridiculously obvious. Someone wanted jsu to win bad.

TP,

Please don't go there. It was not a lack of discipline on GSU's fault. It was an obvious attempt by the officials to keep JSU offensive drives alive.

As bad as the calls against GSU were the non-calls on JSU. On a couple of occassions, TC Taylor was leaving a half count early. In addition, there was some procedure penalties on your offensive line that was called as offside by the defense or not called at all.

The inconsistency in the pass interference calls were ridiculous. On one deep pass that had Levi Washington open (2nd possession) until he was tripped up by the defender who was trying to "recover" on the play. How can the referee decide that this is incidental contact. Incidental contact occurs when both guys are running together and both making a play on the ball. The JSU defender was trying to recover and catch up with the receiver, he did not know where the ball was. But they turn around later in the game and call defensive holding on Chris Brown, well after he had intercepted what seemed to be an open pass. What made it so blatantly obvious is that the official did not call holding until Brown had intercepted the pass and was about three steps into his return.

It was at that point that I couldn't be upset, but actually felt sorry for your team and our conference. I didn't realize that you all has regressed so poorly that the officials would now have to make blatant calls to "help" yall be at least competitive.

MB,

Where was your azz bruh?!?! We was looking high and low for you. The Cartel and the Mafia had a blast before, during, and after the game.

I am beginning to believe what GR is saying about you not showing up. :mad: ;) :D

Back