Big Baller Brand gear

You know how many sneakers go for $200 without a jumpman? LOL Not that I would get them but there are a lot that cost that much.

And how many of them sell?

A method to madness is SHUT UP and let your son do his talking on the court. Because while folks want this to fail because of Dad, they will plenty of NBA guy who want to take it on on junior.

How many of them have lost out on jobs because of some overhyped punk?

I think I have better things to do with $200 than to waste on any pair of sneakers....jumpman or not. It's the same cheap shit made in some sweatshop. And if Shaq's not gonna "@" Nike, Jordan or any of the others then he needs to keep quiet about overcharging kids.

I And if Shaq's not gonna "@" Nike, Jordan or any of the others then he needs to keep quiet about overcharging kids.

A response in the thread from the Shaq tweet above.

As I said on Facebook, it's easy for Shaq to pick on Lavar Ball because hating on him is the popular thing to do. Go after Nike, Adidas and UA for overpricing their cheaply made shoes.

But he can't do that because his shoes and Nike are made in the same factory and Nike basically allows him to use some of their designs. Starbury, FUBU and Ewing are the only other major black shoe brands

There aren't many non-Jordan shoes selling for two bills. By the way, the Air Lonzos are actually going for $495.

Exactly, and the ones that are are still Nike lol. Air max mostly and classic throwbacks. No one is about to pay 200 bucks for these shoes..these dudes trippin.

There aren't many non-Jordan shoes selling for two bills. By the way, the Air Lonzos are actually going for $495.

Man there are New Balance shoes going for damn near $400. He is trying to hit that market, not the regular everyday sneaker market.

I would imagine they will come out with something for team court wear also at a competitive price.

Man there are New Balance shoes going for damn near $400. He is trying to hit that market, not the regular everyday sneaker market.

I would imagine they will come out with something for team court wear also at a competitive price.

We're talking basketball shoes. Those $400 new balance shoes were a super special edition with only 44 pairs made, not to mention new balance is an established brand that's established a loyal market base. I seriously doubt Lonzo and Lavar are out here trying to sell 44 pairs of shoes. Plus if you're trying to create a new market like Lavar claims, you need something truly unique. You can't come out here with shoes that look like rebadged Kobes.

Not mad at the brotha

These cats would pay $150-450 for some Gucci slippers, freaking SLIPPERS!!!!!!

Get that money black man,

Shaq a c**n by the way along with Jerry Rice

We're talking basketball shoes. Those $400 new balance shoes were a super special edition with only 44 pairs made, not to mention new balance is an established brand that's established a loyal market base. I seriously doubt Lonzo and Lavar are out here trying to sell 44 pairs of shoes. Plus if you're trying to create a new market like Lavar claims, you need something truly unique. You can't come out here with shoes that look like rebadged Kobes.
Dude these are not shoes anyone will play ball in. They are casual shoes.

Also, if the $380 New balance had only 44 pair made, why are they available on Neiman Marcus website for anyone to purchase? LOL And there are multiple styles in that price range. LOL

Speaking of Neiman Marcus... there are sneakers by a number of unknown-to-most brands that run upwards of $1,500.00. "established with a loyal market base" or nah?

Man some of my younger frat brothers were laughing at me because I bought what they called some "Team Jordans" and they explained that "Team Jordans" are ones that high schools get for their teams. I was like they $75 on sale....LOL....which I ended up paying $59.99. I can't see spending $200 on some tennis shoes. Yet, I will buy some black Kenneth Cole sneakers for $150 because I can wear them with a variety of stuff.

I remember when this happened a couple years ago. People said he was crazy as well.... until he sold 60 copies

He recently released another project, Mailbox Money, and only pressed 100 copies. Again, the album was free for download, but this time he charged $1,000 a piece for the record. To buy Hussle’s album to physically hold in your hand, you’d have to forgo rent, utilities, and probably a good bit of food. Laughable, right?

As of January 20, he sold 60 copies. SIXTY.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/01/la-...priced-his-mixtape-at-1000-and-sold-60-copies

Dude these are not shoes anyone will play ball in. They are casual shoes.

Also, if the $380 New balance had only 44 pair made, why are they available on Neiman Marcus website for anyone to purchase? LOL And there are multiple styles in that price range. LOL

Speaking of Neiman Marcus... there are sneakers by a number of unknown-to-most brands that run upwards of $1,500.00. "established with a loyal market base" or nah?

New Balance still remains an established name. Those shoes in Neiman Marcus are established by the fact that they're in Neiman Marcus, which caters to a completely different market. These aren't apples to apples comparisons. I can admire the ambition, but I remain skeptical.

New Balance still remains an established name. Those shoes in Neiman Marcus are established by the fact that they're in Neiman Marcus, which caters to a completely different market. These aren't apples to apples comparisons. I can admire the ambition, but I remain skeptical.
Those other shoes are sold other places. Your argument that they are okay because they are in Neiman Marcus is crap. LOL

Over 5000 pre-orders yesterday.

That order number floating around is based on order numbers from the site, which covers everything they offer. That being said, if they've truly moved 5000 units of gear in total, that would be impressive in itself.

Those other shoes are sold other places. Your argument that they are okay because they are in Neiman Marcus is crap. LOL

I never it was or wasn't ok. I said being available in Neiman Marcus comes with a level of cachet, which is undeniable. Ultimately, they can set whatever price they see fit. I questioned the market for them, but time will tell.

That order number floating around is based on order numbers from the site, which covers everything they offer. That being said, if they've truly moved 5000 units of gear in total, that would be impressive in itself.
I think I saw Chad from Grambling tweet he was pre-ordering a pair to support the Balls.

Back