Biden to cancel up to $10k in federal student loan debt for certain borrowers and up to $20k for Pell Grant recipients

No, they don't. The debt is just canceled. Did the economy crash the three years these loans weren't being paid? Who or what was negatively affected by the student loan pause? Nobody and nothing.

They're now gonna make folks not only continue loan payments but pay all the interest that accumulated during the three-year pause. That's gonna be crushing for a good chunk of the population.
No one paid my student loans. I worked two jobs sometimes three to get it done. Life is tough. it's also about choices.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
At this point, folks should be telling their kids go where it financially makes sense. And that includes community colleges.. especially if it means no loans. I think any student in Georgia can get full tuition via the Pell Grant as long as they stay in state. That's the lane Georgia State is pushing basically. You can go to UGA or one of the privates and run up loans or you can just get a spot anywhere in the metro and drive here daily and go home after. It's working pretty damn good considering the attendance is north of 30k now. Damn sure wish I'd done that now considering these 25k about to be right back in play.

Biden is responsible for helping usher Clarence Thomas into his Supreme Court seat. So yeah...
I couldn't even vote when that happened.

I could and did vote against the president that appointed barrett, kavanaugh, and gorsuch. sometimes you lose elections and you've got to live with the consequences. the don't vote krewe... that you seem to empathize with, says you shouldn't vote in an effort to get something by doing nothing.

did you vote against agent orange?

I could and did vote against the president that appointed barrett, kavanaugh, and gorsuch. sometimes you lose elections and you've got to live with the consequences. the don't vote krewe... that you seem to empathize with, says you shouldn't vote in an effort to get something by doing nothing.

Clinton won the popular vote by 3 million votes over Trump.
She had the 2nd highest vote total in election history and the largest popular vote total ever by a candidate to lose an election.

Lack of voting was not the problem as why Trump got in office. Hell, 5 of the 9 judges in the Supreme Court were appointed by presidents who lost the popular vote.

But it’s easier to target a group of people than to confront that we live in a country that was setup to function the way it currently does.

Joe Biden isn’t a liberal. Lol.
The problem with you people and why struggle in America is you all actually don't realize that many of us realize who White folks are. Joe Biden may not be a liberal. Joe Biden may have done a lot of things in the 60's, 70's 80' 90's, but in 2023 Mitch Mcconnell and Donald Trump has done enough to set black Americans back for 60 years. When these last three appointed Supreme Court Justices and Kevin Mcarthy get done doing damage it will take 6 generations to over come it. Keep fighting and riding "But Joe Biden" while the reality of the modern day Republican party is kicking black folks azz. Literally!

It has been 3 days, and your question still hasn't been answered. I wonder why?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
It has been 3 days, and your question still hasn't been answered. I wonder why?
The question is disingenuous at best simply (though I swallowed real hard and voted for Clinton) because non-voters or third party voters didn’t swing the election. Exit polls and data point that out. Ya’ll should be mad at the folks who voted for Trump.

You know what else other than elections have consequences? Elected officials not codifying laws or packing courts when they have the authority to do so, or old ass dying Supreme Court justices refusing to step down that allowed the spot to be taken by a conservative.

The problem with you people and why struggle in America is you all actually don't realize that many of us realize who White folks are. Joe Biden may not be a liberal. Joe Biden may have done a lot of things in the 60's, 70's 80' 90's, but in 2023 Mitch Mcconnell and Donald Trump has done enough to set black Americans back for 60 years. When these last three appointed Supreme Court Justices and Kevin Mcarthy get done doing damage it will take 6 generations to over come it. Keep fighting and riding "But Joe Biden" while the reality of the modern day Republican party is kicking black folks azz. Literally!
PLUS *RUMP IS A CRIMINAL

The question is disingenuous at best simply (though I swallowed real hard and voted for Clinton) because non-voters or third party voters didn’t swing the election. Exit polls and data point that out. Ya’ll should be mad at the folks who voted for Trump.

You know what else other than elections have consequences? Elected officials not codifying laws or packing courts when they have the authority to do so, or old ass dying Supreme Court justices refusing to step down that allowed the spot to be taken by a conservative.
So in other words, you voted for trump

Clinton won the popular vote by 3 million votes over Trump.
She had the 2nd highest vote total in election history and the largest popular vote total ever by a candidate to lose an election.
That is why folks want the electoral college gone.

While Hilary got over 3 million more than Trump-she did NOT win key states.
Obama had Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Penn & Iowa. Hilary did NOT. All she needed was Florida and Penn and maybe Michigan.
Biden got Georgia and 3 of those states back. 7 million more than Trump in the popular vote.

The backlash against this proposal is ridiculous

That is because many assume the face of the loan pullers are a certain skin tone.

As Unknown said some of these kids need to make better school choices. Stop going to a school because of the sports team or you THINK that will get you in the door. It doesn't a lot of the time.

Back