Bet Need They Azz Whooped!!

They got booed because they should have cut 112 performance and not JSU's performance! FAMU sure is one sloppy azz marching band.

You know I thought I was hearing things, but I see I wasn't.

And yes, BET does need their butts beat for letting 112 take over the whole halftime.

Originally posted by ASU
They got booed because they should have cut 112 performance and not JSU's performance! FAMU sure is one sloppy azz marching band.

They need to take some notes from BCC when it comes to dance routines. They have everyone looking the same.

Yet, none of your bands can do better.

BCC is precise, but they lack energy and creativity.

That's what the Hundred has over them and every other HBCU band.

Ninety percent of ya'll don't exhibit any energy or creativity, and you still can't be precise doing those two-step, repetitive dance routines.

Same 'ol tired song... :rolleyes:

Keep telling yourself that.

You would have been better off just leaving the one sentence you had at first.

BCC lacks energy and creativity, that's a laugh.

That had to be the longest halftime in the history of halftimes. 112 should not have been put on the field. Doug E. Fresh an Mystikal had taken about 15 minutes already.

As for the bands, I hadn't seen FAMU's band since '98. That show was horrible. Didn't do one drill. All they did was spell "Get Low". Poster above was talking about energy and precision, but all I saw was a bunch of kids jumping around. Nothing precise about that.

And the Boom's show was the first one I've enjoyed all year.

Originally posted by Robber

As for the bands, I hadn't seen FAMU's band since '98. That show was horrible. Didn't do one drill. All they did was spell "Get Low". Poster above was talking about energy and precision, but all I saw was a bunch of kids jumping around. Nothing precise about that.

I thought I was going crazy. After 112 got booed, they went to commerical. When they came back to the game FAMU was in dance formation. I was like, what happened to the drill and concert selection.

JSU, that fld show yall saw from FAMU was the same we saw in DEtroit, and I also noticed how the dance routine was the same except for a couple of moves which looked very familiar to what Bama St. did at the BOTB in DA Gump.

This is pushing it.

Originally posted by DIace99
Yet, none of your bands can do better.

BCC is precise, but they lack energy and creativity.

That's what the Hundred has over them and every other HBCU band.

Ninety percent of ya'll don't exhibit any energy or creativity, and you still can't be precise doing those two-step, repetitive dance routines.

Same 'ol tired song... :rolleyes:
I disagree and I wouldn't go that far.

The following excerpt may explain why FAMU's show lacked a drill....hectic schedule:

Normally, the band stays and entertains the crowd with several more songs after a game ends -- it's been dubbed "the fifth quarter." But tonight, they can't stay. So as the clock strikes 11:30 p.m., the 100 are marching back to their rehearsal building, several honking with their tubas along the way. When they arrive, they line up for a late dinner, heaping slices of pizza and pieces of fried chicken onto their plates, many with their instrument in their other hand.

They have to eat quickly. They were scheduled to leave at 11 p.m. for a seven-hour overnight bus trip to Jackson, Mississippi, for a battle of the bands on Sunday. They didn't end up leaving until 2 a.m. -- and arrived back on campus at 9 a.m. Monday morning, just in time for band members to rush to class in their uniforms.........

The band's schedule is packed. They perform every Saturday, and usually travel somewhere else to perform on Sunday. The band members really have to budget their time, hitting the books on the bus and in the hotel. But this doesn't last for too long. Once football season is over, the Marching 100's season is, too. They only regroup for a couple of special performances in the spring.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/darcy/031002famu.html

I enjoy watching FAMU Marching 100 because I know I won't see the traditional moving diamonds, jacob ladder formations. They have been using the computer to design their shows since 1986.

Originally posted by Jam Piper Jam

I enjoy watching FAMU Marching 100 because I know I won't see the traditional moving diamonds, jacob ladder formations. They have been using the computer to design their shows since 1986.
If all they are gonna do is try to dance, I don't ever have to see that band again. That had to be the single worst band show I have seen in about 5 years. Maybe it was just expectation, but I was sorely disappointed. And since it had been so long since I saw them, just the newness of their show shoulda been entertaining.

It's amazing how all of you sat and watched this performance and can't gather why FAMU only did the dance routine.

Didn't you all see 112 perform, and all time they took up? Before they performed Doug E. Fresh and Mystikal both performed. The Hundred did that shortenned show in the interest of time, and saved the drill and concert selection for post game.

It's amazing how all of you sat and watched this performance and can't gather why FAMU only did the dance routine.

Didn't you all see 112 perform, and all time they took up? Before they performed Doug E. Fresh and Mystikal both performed. The Hundred did that shortenned show in the interest of time, and saved the drill and concert selection for post game.
That show was no longer than the Boom's show. Y'all just spent 8 minutes or so trying to dance.

From a TV watching vantage point, Frat ya'lls show seemed longer than the BOOM's. Ya'll came on the field dancing (prettymuch). Now I was guessing it was because: a) ya'll were on a nat'l TV spotlight (yes BET is bigger than UBC or anything else ya'll been on lately), in the Midwest and was trying to get the crowd hyped. You know how folks just love to see us dance and do nothing else. and b) since ya'll don't have any dancing girls or twirlers or any of that other stuff, it was a fine time to extend the dance routine. I was expecting a drill, I even told my son that I bet ya'll would put and Escalade on '24's and roll it down the field. I don't consider spelling GET LOW a drill. It was a nice show, I commend you on it, but for the pinnacle of bands, as how you guys like to think of yourself, I didn't think it was up to par. It was, how do I say it, Fort Valleyish to me.

BOOM from what I saw ya'll did an okay show. Ya'll drilled your behinds off and except for a few quirks in it it was on point. BUT CAN YA'LL PLEASE STOP PLAYING GET READY ON THE FIELD! And we don't have to float the JSU anymore. I understand what Frat means about energy and creativity, ya'll need a little.

That's my O. Take it how ya'll wanna.

Originally posted by Robber
That had to be the longest halftime in the history of halftimes. 112 should not have been put on the field. Doug E. Fresh an Mystikal had taken about 15 minutes already.

Those CCC folks ALWAYS have too much going on at halftime during that game. It was exactly the same last year when AAMU and SU were there. I don't know why they think that halftime is a time for rappers and other folks to be showcased. Hell, their videos are on BET 24 hours a day...why do they need to come and take over a halftime that is suppose to showcase the bands of HBCUs?

Those folks up there need to stop trying to make halftime a dayumed concert for rappers trying to sell cds.

:smh:

I really think the Booms show was slightly longer. Just considering how they showed the Hundred's entire show and only showed the drill and J-sette portion of JSU's show. At any rate, I know bandheads want to see drills and things. The complete show was a bit long to fit in those 8-minutes. Rather than cutting the show short, the staff chose to break the show in half. Give the people what they want at half-time, and save the rest for post game. This is not to say people don't appreciate the other portions, but after all those other performances, I think getting right to the dance routine was a good move on the Hundred's part. Bengal E, it really didn't matter that the game was on BET or a UBC affiliate. The staff just made the call in the interest of time. If the post-game performances had aired, your son and you would've seen the Hummer on 24s. ;)

If the post-game performances had aired, your son and you would've seen the Hummer on 24s. ;)

When are we going to see the Shopping cart on 24s?

Back