Best SWAC football uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAHILL

I really have to give it to Valley... they actually made GREEN look good with something.... her is my list...

Valley
SU
Bama St
Grambling
Alcorn (when they were new)
AAMU (the new ones)
PB
PV
Texas So
Jackson St

Originally posted by DAHILL
I really have to give it to Valley... they actually made GREEN look good with something....

Jerry Rice negotiated a deal with Nike for more than $100,000 in equipment and uniforms for Valley's football team.

I think the old Jackson State uniforms looked better.

I like the new Southern Uniforms and that Black Grambling has is also tight.

Originally posted by Lewis
I think the old Jackson State uniforms looked better.

I like the new Southern Uniforms and that Black Grambling has is also tight.

I agree with you about the old JSU unis looking better. I wish we'd go with the same style Virgina has.

I like SU's jersey and Valley's entire uniform the best. Gram 3rd.

Regarding uni's, Gram gets 3-5 different sets of uni's each year. What happened to tradition??? What happened being identified with a particular uni??? HBCUs change uni's like the wind, compared to PWCs. Alabama, Oklahoma and Penn State been wearing the same style since they started playing ball seems like.

I never had a problem with JSU wearing the same style, except that they wouldn't even get new uni's on the old style. Now we have gotten in on this trend. And if we mess around and sprinkle that red back in, we would definitely look good. Hell, if I was Bell, I'd put the red back in because we haven't won a title without it. We took that red out in '98 and promptly went 0-3. Hmmmmm.

Originally posted by Robber
......... I'd put the red back in because we haven't won a title without it. We took that red out in '98 and promptly went 0-3. Hmmmmm.

You reaching now Robber. :lol:

Well JSU will have a new look this fall i heard. I will say Southern and some of Gramblings. That one GSU wore for the Bayou Classic was ugly though. My favorite would be the old JSU ALL BLUE uni.

Originally posted by Robber
I like SU's jersey and Valley's entire uniform the best. Gram 3rd.

Regarding uni's, Gram gets 3-5 different sets of uni's each year. What happened to tradition??? What happened being identified with a particular uni??? HBCUs change uni's like the wind, compared to PWCs. Alabama, Oklahoma and Penn State been wearing the same style since they started playing ball seems like.

I never had a problem with JSU wearing the same style, except that they wouldn't even get new uni's on the old style. Now we have gotten in on this trend. And if we mess around and sprinkle that red back in, we would definitely look good. Hell, if I was Bell, I'd put the red back in because we haven't won a title without it. We took that red out in '98 and promptly went 0-3. Hmmmmm.

Robber, you hit on something I've been talking about. Why are we changing unis so much. My favorite Gram uniform is when Doug first took over and they wore the simple gold pants and black tops with gold numbers. Now we have umpteen different looks to hit you with. I like it more when teams stay consistent with their uniforms.

J-State needs to go back to the old Uniform. Looked much better with the red.

Originally posted by DAHILL
I really have to give it to Valley... they actually made GREEN look good with something.... her is my list...

Valley
SU
Bama St
Grambling
Alcorn (when they were new)
AAMU (the new ones)
PB
PV
Texas So
Jackson St

Im confused.....

Here are our uniforms up against your uniforms. What makes your uniforms sooooo much better. For what I see, we have better uniforms.

AJ06.jpg

I guess We all need to look at the world thru those maroon colored glasses. JSU cant talk about a lot of folks uniforms, but there is at least one school we are better than.

Best Unis
SUs new jerseys with the white pants.
Gram (black or white only...not the gold)
Valley

AAMU's uni's are really plain to me. I definetly would put them up there. Now Bama State has some ok uni's but some of them are too funky. Cole went crazy with some of that stuff.....i.e. the gold ones. ughh. lol.

LOL@GR on AAMU's uni's. MD will probably write a Maroon and White paper on it.

My picks are

SU blue jersey unis.
GSU Black and Gold ones.
JSU's- I like the new ones but I miss the old JSU on the helmet.
Valley's- I really like these unis

Re: Re: Best SWAC football uniforms

Originally posted by Get Ready

Im confused.....

Here are our uniforms up against your uniforms. What makes your uniforms sooooo much better. For what I see, we have better uniforms.

AJ06.jpg

I guess We all need to look at the world thru those maroon colored glasses. JSU cant talk about a lot of folks uniforms, but there is at least one school we are better than.

Best Unis
SUs new jerseys with the white pants.
Gram (black or white only...not the gold)
Valley

I never said that AAMU's uniforms were anything special... Both JSU and AAMU's uniforms are plain.. I put them ahead of JSUs because AAMU uses stitching and JSU has the iron on type numbers and letters. The uniforms with stictings just look more professional and are more expensive. Go to Foot Locker and look at the uniforms with stitchings and look at the uniforms with the iron on type letters.

Oh

Well it just looks like you are paying too much for what you are getting. Stitching iron ons..what ever.....from that picture, the blue uniforms are better. Then again, I could be looking thru blue colored glasses.

I just took exception to you placing your uniforms in 5th and placing JSU in last. When in reality.....nevermind....this is moot to me anyway...Carry on.

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
IT'S HARD TO CHOOSE FROM THE 6 UNIFORMS THAT THE ICON HAS. I LIKE THE ALL BLACK AND ALL GOLD.

Gold on Gold with black stripe
04.jpg

White on White
5.jpg

GOLD TOPS/BLACK BOTTOMS
8.jpg

WHITE TOPS & GOLD/GOLD BOTTOMS
tsu1.jpg

BLACK ON BLACK
s-3c072df995766-56-3.jpg

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI

BLACK ON BLACK
s-3c072df995766-56-3.jpg

Put the Gold Pants with this one and you have my vote for the best in the SWAC with SU's Blue Jersery and Gold Pants coming 2nd.

JR, no Maroon and White Papers on this one. Maybe BgJag can give some history on how our schools selected their colors at each school. I know some of the history of how we selected our colors, but getting it from an unbias person like BgJag would be more believer. Lewis could look it up on the internet but it will take him all year to turn on the computer. All I can tell you is that most people choose universities by the school colors. It has nothing to do with academics.

Maroon and White is a color by choice. No need for GetReady to get upset on this one. DAHILL didn't mean anything about selecting uniforms. But the good thing is that if GR is selected for the OC at JSU, he get to choose uniforms.

When I played wearing all white or all maroon was the curse of death. So we never played in solid uniforms. When GSU came out in all black at the BC, I knew they were in trouble..........

Overall Maroon and White is just pretty than most colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back