Before a football game, what is your preference? Your band march in first or last?

i feel it is best to march in first so you can blow on the band marching in last lol. you know the knocking off step routine, that if the band has a lot of power to do so.

Originally posted by usa today
i feel it is best to march in first so you can blow on the band marching in last lol. you know the knocking off step routine, that if the band has a lot of power to do so.

That exactly what Southern did to JSU in 1997 by blowing "Hay"

Sorry,...but I like to be hospitable. If at home I want to be there first but, will not blow on them until they are set up and ready. I'll just play marches.

Originally posted by usa today
That's why we play on the rim at this point and sound off on 4 and 8.

THe 1997 JSU/SU game was good. JSU was coming in strong when SU crunk up "Hey"right when the drummajors and J-Settes got in front of SU band. It was krunk in the stadium that nights. At JSU stadium, we were never sacred to come in last. We know that a band can blow on us. We are soldiers we do not care. We are going to come in playing, "Get Ready" regardless. We then will hit the ramp with all the fire we have one by one with the drummajors and J-Settes leading the way. That what makes our stadium so crunk. We pass right directly in front of the visiting band. We want you to come with it. We want to see what you got.

When we were at home, I preferred to come in first.

Away really didn't matter. When you are in the stadium first, as soon as the other band sits down, before they can remove their hats and get situated, you can crank up on that azz. Whether it be a march of a power tune, you have just put them on the spot.

Whatcha gone do?

Originally posted by Choppas
I remember seeing a tape on this, even the drum majors got off on the wrong step.

Yep. That's why they hurry to get in the stands before us now.:cool:

Some of you guys are so funny. "That's why they hurry to get in before us." That's funny.

You probably beleive that, don't you? Whatever.

No need to reply. Just let it go. :shh:

Originally posted by kkpsi10
Some of you guys are so funny. "That's why they hurry to get in before us." That's funny.

You probably beleive that, don't you? Whatever.

No need to reply. Just let it go. :shh:

Yep because ever since then ya'll practically run to get in there before us. No need to reply I got the tape I ain't lying ;)

What do...

About JSU vs SU game 97'...
Of course a band will lose step. Especially since we march right under SU. Whats real impressive is when JSU got SU off step in 1999. We were on the other side of the stadium.
*Check the tape.*
In 97' JSU trumpets handed SU their arse back with a fork in it. *Check the tape.*

Re: What do...

Originally posted by zack
Of course a band will lose step. Especially since we march right under SU. Whats real impressive is when JSU got SU off step in 1999. We were on the other side of the stadium.
*Check the tape.*
In 97' JSU trumpets handed SU their arse back with a fork in it. *Check the tape.*

Lay off the pipe dude.:rolleyes:

Wow...

Wow... the pipe reply...
Shouldnt that be a sensitive issue for you... you know with your parents situation and all.
Reply with something with more depth...
Oops another sensitive issue...

Re: Wow...

Wow... the pipe reply...
Shouldnt that be a sensitive issue for you... you know with your parents situation and all.
Reply with something with more depth...
Oops another sensitive issue...

Whoa!!!!!! U got me there:rolleyes: BTW I didn't know that twirlers were eligible for Trump funk:confused:

Re: What do...

Of course a band will lose step. Especially since we march right under SU.
See, this would be legit....but, I have a tape of Alcorn and Jackson that same year....with basically the same scenerio (jackson marching in 2nd....with the first band blow'n).

Yall didn't seem to have a problem marching then....so, the "S" must be doing more damage then you're letting on.

Whats real impressive is when JSU got SU off step in 1999. We were on the other side of the stadium.
And, you actually believe Jackson was the reason for that...._ _ _! :smh:

*Check the tape.*
Check the tape again...cuz, you're lying. I was there....and Trump wasn't hitt'n like they thought. We had more comp from BamaSt. that year.

*sigh*....how many times do I have to tell JStank, that just because your Trumpet section is out-powering the rest of the Boom, that doesn't mean you're the best in the SWAC?

....keep the laughs coming, though...:lol:

Wow...

*sigh*....how many times do I have to tell JStank, that just because your Trumpet section is out-powering the rest of the Boom, that doesn't mean you're the best in the SWAC?
This coming from a SU band member whos whole band compete on out-powering each other. Thats how SU produce their <b>HOT-MESS</b> trademark.
And, you actually believe Jackson was the reason for that...._ _ _!
Yes.
See, this would be legit....but, I have a tape of Alcorn and Jackson that same year....with basically the <b>same scenerio</b> (jackson marching in 2nd....with the first band blow'n).
What did I just say...
Here reading it again...
Of course a band will lose step. Especially since we march right under SU(<b>Alcorn</b>).

Whoa!!!!!! U got me there BTW I didn't know that twirlers were eligible for Trump funk
I didnt know gays were eligible for drum major.:smh:
Lets go...

Back