Becoming Vegetarian

Anonymous

I am in the transition of becoming a vegetarian... I gave up pork 18 yrs ago... Gave up the "red" meat in the spring of '07... Right now I only do fish/chicken/turkey... Anyone else on here "vegan" or partial vegetarian? Haven't made my way all the way to tofu yet... Any suggestions and help is always greatly appreciated.

On the real nupe, I was once 342lbs, now I am 238lbs....It took me two years to do it though. But what I basically did was a life style change.

I rarely eat fast food and red meat now. I might grill me a steak or nibble on a rib every now and then. But to each their own I guess.

Traveling with these teams sometime, you cant help but eat fast food, because that is all they want to eat... I try to go as healthy as possible when I do have to eat it... Like I said I gave up the red meat, so it is either fish or chicken If I have to do fast food.

No thanks, but good luck to you w/all that. :wavey:

My thoughts, too.

It seems the best way to go the vegan route is to just continue doing what you're doing by backing away from those foods slowly until you get to the point where you won't miss it from your diet.

I only eat fish and chicken also. Red meat sticks with you to long. I might eat a piece of red meat like once or twice a year. Been doing this for about 15 years. I guess that why I never gain weight becuase I eat baked fish like 3 times aweek. If not baked fish its baked chicken on the other days. I also grill year round.

I guess that why I never gain weight becuase I eat baked fish like 3 times aweek. If not baked fish its baked chicken on the other days. I also grill year round.

U and Snake azz........nuthin but fish and chicken!! :rolleyes: :lol:

Closest I've been was I stop eating pork for 2 years........but I gained weight because I replaced it with more beef. :smh:

I would give up red meat, but I love steak too dayum much. :(

^^ Man, the Riddler scooped me on this organic Pizza place that had a Tofu type pizza with other organic ingredients on it. Bruh, that Tofu tasted like chicken!!! I was like....helllz yeah!

It was good!

Vegan/ Vegetarian are waters I am not brave enough to tread. I did however, give up red meat and pork 8 years ago.

I'm partial. No pork or shellfish and rarely any beef. IF there are any vegan/vegetarian restaurants, patronize them.

In Baltimore we have a fully vegan restaurant called the Yabba Pot. It really helps to keep on it. They also have the 21 day raw challenge where they challenge people to try to eat fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds and grains all uncooked and unsalted. It's not for the weak. But they can help you maintain it. And I've some see what they mean with their vegan state of mind in cooking "Peace begins in the kitchen". Since they don't have any dead animals on them or in them, they put it out there, along with the health benefits.

Good thread...

i commend those folks that have gone the vegan route; I couldn't do it...I'm not too fond of tofu; just haven't found anything along those lines that tastes good to me.

I'm definitely a meat-eater, but I had to start looking for alternatives to vary my diet, particularly reducing my beef.

I got turned onto bison about a year or so ago (ironically I was at a Ruby Tuesday's when I tried a bison burger for the first time... :tup: ) and it's been great trying it out...

It's about as healthy as you can get in terms of meat (97% lower fat content than beef or chicken and 40% more protien content than either beef or chicken).

Nowadays I do ALOT of fish (salmon, monk fillet, tilapia, etc) in comparison with chicken...when I get that itch for BBQ or grillin' I go with the bison steaks or burgers, or turkey...

Back