BCU & FAMU expectations?

tony11

With both bands sounding good do y'all honestly think they can handle a SWAC zero qtr and fifth? BCU already showed us at the meac swac challenge....JSU was the better band the entire day from field to stands those long chants an dance breaks during a fifth will get them bood out of a stadium bcu is really going to need a new book in order to handle alot of our swac bands

FAMU- is improving and growing yearly since 2013. Their sound is maturing however their book is their down fall song selection is always key to any fifth qtr. Their field shows however will be entertaining and I'm sure any swac crowd will show love to their shows though they have good shows. But as I said about bcu sounding good can only go so far in the swac!

But I do look forward to seeing them in swac stadiums.

Both sound fantastic..they're just boring. FAMU plays songs in the 5th that should be played in the 0 quarter. BCU just needs to leave the game with 5 minuets left in the 4th like high school bands do down here until they update that book.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Well they have a book they had damn near a two hour fifth in 2012, vs Tnstate
View: https://youtu.be/6boVqS5YM04

They only pull out their full book for North Carolina schools for some reason and this game.

But they played THE SAME SONGS:
Ice Cream Man
Big Ballin
Vica Versa
Asap
Etc...

And FYI; its over an hour long because they sang, chanted & danced for over 50 mins total.

That was 2012. It’s 2020.

But they played THE SAME SONGS:
Ice Cream Man
Big Ballin
Vica Versa
Asap
Etc...

And FYI; its over an hour long because they sang, chanted & danced for over 50 mins total.

That was 2012. It’s 2020.
Yes it's 2020 but no bands will have any5ths in 2020

Yes it's 2020 but no bands will have any5ths in 2020
I know that. Just saying they’re still playing the same songs in the 5th. And it’s not going to change.
They will continue to be boring as long as that man is over them. Once he retires and a youngin steps in they’ll become interesting.

BCU's sound is CLEAN as is the 100. I like the 100's field shows a lot better than BCU's. I believe with this postponement of 2020 football, and the new additions to the SWAC, I believe MOST of the SWAC is going to really step it up. 🧐 I am eager to see some of these matchups in 2021!!!

Y’all better stop sleeping on FAMU... not saying they gone up and crank but they’ll pack a book for a fifth and zero and keep it entertaining... now BCU .... that’s Donovan wells and the “tradition” smh

Y’all better stop sleeping on FAMU... not saying they gone up and crank but they’ll pack a book for a fifth and zero and keep it entertaining... now BCU .... that’s Donovan wells and the “tradition” smh
No one is sleeping on famu we know their shows are entertaining. I also love they respect marches too

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Traveling to BCU is a long trip too 10-13 hours. Also will bcu stadium fit a traveling SWAC crowd?

Traveling to BCU is a long trip too 10-13 hours. Also will bcu stadium fit a traveling SWAC crowd?
Depends on the SWAC team who is visiting. That stadium only holds maybe 10K-15K and its the city's stadium.
That's what I'm saying. The band alone will fill up that small side. Look at MEAC SWAC challenge 2016 alcorn band alone took up two sections and they brung a crowd too. They had tents and small bleachers set up to fit asu crowd alone this was only pre game. They sure won't be able to handle su jsu crowd .

Daytona is right outside of Orlando..... everyone airport has cheap flights into Orlando because its a tourist city. I can get to Orlando from Huntsville for less than 70 dollars round trip on Fontier.

This has been a topic amongst many of my friends who marched in the 100 back in the late 80's. Man y'all should hear some of their thoughts. They believe that the SWAC is going to adopt to FAMU style. 🤣 I keep telling them the 100 ain't what it use to be. Look forward to getting some waxings and giving some. It's a new day and time.

I won't go this far, but I do think some bands will have to clean up their sound a little. Lack of tone quality, phrasing, etc. shows up big time when you play vs FAMU.

I can think of two bands who think their ish doesn’t stink that will need to do this.

cant wait to see my Hornets destroy the 100 again like we did in 08!

I can think of two bands who think their ish doesn’t stink that will need to do this.

cant wait to see my Hornets destroy the 100 again like we did in 08!
Dude Bama st only had size and was loud that was it. Marches were terrible and sound was highly sloppy come on dude sweep outside your own door before calling out other bands Bama st has been very very much declining since 2014 until now. You dog bands but never call out your own. MMH NEED to get back to their roots and as long as Oliver will be there they will not. Stillman is now better than Bama st. Y'all are close to last next to Tuskegee band wise and that's real.

Back