Bayou Classic job fair coming soon ...

nickderiso

TheDerisoReport.com
Bayou Classic offers job fair
Annual event about more than football
Tuesday November 25, 2003
By Leslie Williams
Staff writer

Last year about this time, Donald Griffin of Monroe was making plans for the Bayou Classic weekend in New Orleans.

It was one of the game-related events -- not the football rivalry between Grambling and Southern universities -- that most concerned Griffin, an engineering student at Grambling.

No, it wasn't the battle of the bands and Greek show. Griffin, a senior scheduled to graduate at the end of the year, planned to circulate with his r?sum? at the Bayou Classic's annual job fair.

"I put on my game face. I was careful about what I said. I was well mannered. I wore a gray suit, and my shoes were shined," he said, recalling the event at a hotel ballroom where he spent nearly two hours meeting recruiters from more than 35 companies.

A month latter, Griffin got a call from one of those companies, Northrop Grumman, and today he works for the aerospace company at its facility in El Segundo, Calif., as a manufacturing engineer.

MORE HERE: http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1069745412117550.xml

Back