Baton Rouge area Catholic school responds to student's racist essay about Black History Month

MetroPhillyTiger

http://www.wbrz.com/news/catholic-hs-responds-to-student-s-racist-essay-about-black-history-month

BATON ROUGE – Parents and students of a Catholic high school received a letter, apologizing after a student's essay that chastised African Americans circulated on the internet.

The essay, assigned to a class at St. Michael the Archangel in Baton Rouge, was about Black History Month. Instead of writing about events in February in support of equality for all races, a white student wrote she was “unpleased” with having to write such a paper and continued not everyone is created equal.

The student referenced what she thought were passages from the bible, supporting a claim that the only race on the earth during biblical times were Caucasians.

If they would beat these white folks azz and stop looking for safe zones like punks they would stop. Ignorance begets violence

If they would beat these white folks azz and stop looking for safe zones like punks they would stop. Ignorance begets violence

More importantly if we stop having hatred toward each other and show a united front all this shit will stop.

http://www.wbrz.com/news/catholic-hs-responds-to-student-s-racist-essay-about-black-history-month

BATON ROUGE – Parents and students of a Catholic high school received a letter, apologizing after a student's essay that chastised African Americans circulated on the internet.

The essay, assigned to a class at St. Michael the Archangel in Baton Rouge, was about Black History Month. Instead of writing about events in February in support of equality for all races, a white student wrote she was “unpleased” with having to write such a paper and continued not everyone is created equal.

The student referenced what she thought were passages from the bible, supporting a claim that the only race on the earth during biblical times were Caucasians.
LOL.....therein lies the problem....white people are so screwed up it is not funny.
I have been saying for years that we need to use the original pronunciations of the names of biblical characters and not english translations. These folks actually believe biblical characters were European. I showed a racist co-worker of mine (back in the late 80s) where Israel is on the map and he was speechless. I could tell from the look on his face that he had believed his whole life that Israel was in or near Europe.

It would be a start
It would not. You can go back to any time in American history, and there hasn't been one where Blacks were treated fairly and/ or equally. It is the conditioning of "mainstream media" that make some Black folk think that if a faction of us would stop treating each other poorly, then others will stop. That's not true.

It would not. You can go back to any time in American history, and there hasn't been one where Blacks were treated fairly and/ or equally. It is the conditioning of "mainstream media" that make some Black folk think that if a faction of us would stop treating each other poorly, then others will stop. That's not true.
I get what you are saying but I do not think that is what Founder was saying....I could be wrong though.

Back