Bally Total Fitness files bankruptcy

I know they just lost a lawsuit b/c alot of members just got free vouchers in the mail.

After that, the instructors of the classes started letting us know that some classes would be cancelled and others shortened b/c of budgeting reasons.

I know they just lost a lawsuit b/c alot of members just got free vouchers in the mail.

After that, the instructors of the classes started letting us know that some classes would be cancelled and others shortened b/c of budgeting reasons.

This is like 3 year late. Everyone at Bally's knew this. Washington University bought up the parking lot and land "around" the gym. Folks started getting "bring a friend" free cards in the mail.

Thank God I work out at 24 Hours now.

As long as they stay open long enough for me to loose weight, I'm not trippin'. I just hate that I go to the "gay" Bally's only because it's convenient for me after work.

Not surprised. I left Ballys about 4 years ago and every since I left they have been calling and sending things in the mail offering me packages where I would pay 10.00 a month or 100.00 a year for a membership. I knew that their membership has declined drastically over the last few years, but Ballys is just too far from where I live.

As long as they stay open long enough for me to loose weight, I'm not trippin'. I just hate that I go to the "gay" Bally's only because it's convenient for me after work.

LOL...most gyms are gay.

That 24 hr gym in ATL (well when I was there 7 years ago) was said to have some things going on at late night....LOL

I can't think of the name of it but that gym is so ghetto (so I hear) that they don't have memberships, you just pay $5 every time you want to go in. :confused:

Not surprised. I left Ballys about 4 years ago and every since I left they have been calling and sending things in the mail offering me packages where I would pay 10.00 a month or 100.00 a year for a membership. I knew that their membership has declined drastically over the last few years, but Ballys is just too far from where I live.

They seem to do well here and in the ATL. LA Fitness is starting to be their major competitor here though. I don't think we have 24 hr gyms here.

LOL...most gyms are gay.

That 24 hr gym in ATL (well when I was there 7 years ago) was said to have some things going on at late night....LOL

I can't think of the name of it but that gym is so ghetto (so I hear) that they don't have memberships, you just pay $5 every time you want to go in. :confused:

Run & Shoot used to be like that. You could pay each time you went or you could get weekly or monthly memberships. I remember I paid $30 for 3 months one time. Now it is Metro Fitness and I don't know what the cost is.

I'm shocked that they are closing. I just read in the paper that Gym memberships in the North Texas area is up 200%. People are really concerned about their health and are FLOCKING to the gyms.

I bought a pre-paid membership from 24 Hour Fitness for $600 5 years ago. I paid $600 for 3 years and my renewal is $20/YEAR for the rest of my life. That is for an ALL-CLUB membership.

I'm shocked that they are closing. I just read in the paper that Gym memberships in the North Texas area is up 200%. People are really concerned about their health and are FLOCKING to the gyms.

I bought a pre-paid membership from 24 Hour Fitness for $600 5 years ago. I paid $600 for 3 years and my renewal is $20/YEAR for the rest of my life. That is for an ALL-CLUB membership.

That's a dayum good deal...are the gyms nice? Do white people go to them?? :lmao:

They gonna be bankrupt like Bally's with prices like that.

On the real,I am trying to figure out how to create a gym/sports bar. I know that divorce rate would increase and I would have to figure out how to keep drunk people off the tread mill but what's better to do than to get off work, work out with the fellas, shower, and go to the bar and get a beer (weight gain shake) while catching a game. :idea:

Never heard of 24 hour fitness. Is it like that Ghetto gym in College Park (Atlanta)?

Oh you talking about that one gym in that plaza.

I was through with that gym when some dude that looked like he played for the Falcons was trying to hit on me.
I politely cut my iPOD headphones up and walked the fugg away from him.

I don't know if it's so much that folks are so concerned about their health or not...I just believe folks like hooking up w/other folks at gyms. It seems to be a big dating scene.

Oh you talking about that one gym in that plaza.

I was through with that gym when some dude that looked like he played for the Falcons was trying to hit on me.
I politely cut my iPOD headphones up and walked the fugg away from him.

I have no idea where it is but it's over near the airport. When I was in ATL, I used the gym at GaTech that was remodeled by the Olympic Committee when they built the Aquatic Center. No need for a gym membership. BALLY's did give GaTech students free memberships when the Olympics were in town but the people who paid to go there didn't like us too well so I just chilled on the gym for three weeks...LOL :lol:

I don't know if it's so much that folks are so concerned about their health or not...I just believe folks like hooking up w/other folks at gyms. It seems to be a big dating scene.

It should be....this is not a knock on black women because I know that a lot of them are single mothers, etc....but my gym is FULL of black men, White men and white women are about equally represented but there are only a few black women and they are typically there becasue they are overweight or retired. Women always talking about they can't find a man...go to the gym!! :lol: (just make you pick one that ain't a little (Kenn, we need a fruit smiley)) :lol:

Is that why you dont go?

Depends on where you go. My gym for example is 95 percent white. Out of that it's about equal between women and men of the white race.

I go to work out. I speak and keep stepping.

YOU, have to find a gym that will fit you. And sometimes they are not the one around the corner from your house.

Is that why you dont go?

Depends on where you go. My gym for example is 95 percent white. Out of that it's about equal between women and men of the white race.

I go to work out. I speak and keep stepping.

YOU, have to find a gym that will fit you. And sometimes they are not the one around the corner from your house.
oh, I don't go for several reasons...main one is I just don't like to exercise. Gyms are not for me. I'd rather do something around my house or outside.

So I guess you be all up in there don't you? :banana: :D

HAHA!
You got jokes! LOL
:saw:
The last time I was there, about 4-5 months ago, I was on the elliptical sweating my azz off and this guy walks up and takes my water out the holder on the machine (while I"m still working out) talking about, "can I have some water". I just stared at him like :whatever: and he put my water bottle back and walked away looking stupid.

It's actually a couple of JSU Alum that work out in there on the regular. But I switched to a larger Bally's over east.

That's a dayum good deal...are the gyms nice? Do white people go to them?? :lmao:

They gonna be bankrupt like Bally's with prices like that.

"24 Hour Fitness" is a very nice chain of fitness gyms, they are HOT out here in Texas. I have been a member since I moved to Texas in 1996. White people do go (I wonder why you asked that question?). Check out their site http://www.24hourfitness.com/

On the price, many people have the month-to-month membership, which is $29.99 plus tax per month for one club and $41.99 plus tax per month for all club. They have a few EXECUTIVE clubs where it cost more to work out with the EXECS. "Magic Johnson" has a few of these clubs.

However, many people do not get the PREPAY membership, which in the long run is CHEAPER, but it requires more upfront money.

"24 Hour Fitness" is a very nice chain of fitness gyms, they are HOT out here in Texas. I have been a member since I moved to Texas in 1996. White people do go (I wonder why you asked that question?). Check out their site http://www.24hourfitness.com/

On the price, many people have the month-to-month membership, which is $29.99 plus tax per month for one club and $41.99 plus tax per month for all club. They have a few EXECUTIVE clubs where it cost more to work out with the EXECS. "Magic Johnson" has a few of these clubs.

However, many people do not get the PREPAY membership, which in the long run is CHEAPER, but it requires more upfront money.

I go to 24 and I like them. All the equipment is clean. Even though I go to the "Black" one, it still is a nice gym.
I will sometimes go to the one in St. Charles MO to get away from the "folks".

Back