Awful Allison, go home

MsJag4Jag

If it keeps raining like this, man this will be one soggy weekend.

It storms Tuesday night. The sun comes out at noon on Wednesday. Here again, Tropical Storm Allison rears her ugly head this morning.

I hope band fan is alright in Mo City!

:(

Ms. J4J

Will Allison be headed towards Louisiana.....particularly New Orleans? My family informed me that it may come their way and people were starting to prepare.

Soggy Day

GramAlum,

Texas's Southern Coast thought we sent Allison to Louisiana yesterday, but she returned. My Mom lives in Houma, LA which is 54 miles south of New Orleans. My Mom told me that it stormed hard there yesterday and as late as 9:30 last night, they were still receiving rain.

I know where Houma is........my high use to march in a parade there! Well I know New Orleans for a fact needed the rain considering the drought they went thru in parts of April and May. It is hurricane season........I just pray it doesn't get bad!

We are fortunate. It has not rained much hear. But Houston below I-10 is getting it rough-especially on the south part of the Sam Houston Tollway. A lot of east Texas is getting hit hard. I am glad that I am not going home (to Georgia) via the route through Shreveport. Then again south Louisiana is hitting hit hard too.

I saw on the news last night that Houma had received 8.38 inches of rain. I don't know if that was just yesterday, or it included the night before. Either way, that is a lot of rain.

MsJ4J, I'm surprised...Allison is not awful. Remember who produce Allison. She is every bit good.

It's fine over here on the northwest side. No rain. No flooding.

*shrugging shoulders*

well, I don't know how many people are willing to travel from their areas that are flooding to go over to your side of town... God, send help!

Blu, Allison is awful! I'm grateful for the rain....but uhhhh she is making a mess~ ;)

Missouri City was hit pretty hard. The water on my street has begun to recede, but I think I will stay in since it still looks pretty bad on the route that I need to take to work. Blu, IMO, since the folks in SW Houston don't have arks, its pretty bad over heah.

Looking out of my window

I haven't seen rain since Tuesday. It may have rained a little past 2 this morning, but it wasn't much. Like Tara said, the Northwest side is rainless.

Just be safe and careful if you all are experiencing this stormy weather.

It's been clear on my side of town too. The area where the BBQ picnis will be located is dry too.

We sent a couple of our rescue boats over to Stafford & Sugarland and they didn't need us, water was receding fast.

How's westheimer area looking?

same kind of weather on Tuesday when I boated way over to the NW side to deliver my reunion cash....I demand a refund for mental anguish :bawling:

It never flooded out here as long as I lived out here....when it flooded in Sugarland that was the last straw...my freeway access was gone and it didn't help that HFD set up a boat command center on West Orem.....that's a grass field 364 other days. :eek:

hope it clears by Friday.....I am trying not to believe tomorrow's forecasts

Allison collapsed my back porch. And the waters here in Hiram Clarke are pretty high (considering the proximity to Mo. City). We dried out Wednesday, only to wake up to another dousing. The area near Madison is underwater. To Dome area was hit pretty hard Tuesday. Stranded vehicles everywhere. It's just raining too hard too fast. My 'hood is dry, but everything around me is underwater.

I think....

Allison is trying to rain-out the reunion and my business trips to ATL and Huntsville this weekend! NO can do...I made it to ATL safely, but dayum all the rain....I mean really!:( Sleep'n ovah in ATL, buterrah....yawl still have a good time ...rain or shine...just know...it'll be rain and mo'rain! My brothers in Baton Rouge asked me to rescue them. They claim they're floating! LOL...I believe it...glad I changed my plans or my plans changed!

Allison is in full effect in Baton Rouge. They even closed down I-10 from Siegen Exit to Highland, which is the interstate to New Orleans last night. But, it's reopened now. LSU and SU are closed. The malls are closed. Several stores are taking cash only because credit cards can't be used with no phone service. The governor has declared a state of emergency. Shelters are open too. Several of our state rivers are very near cresting level. We've had one casuality. Sandbags are everywhere. I had to park my car two miles from home yesterday and wade in knee-deep water to get home. If you have family in South LA, call them (if there phones are on), tell them you love them and keep us, all in your prayers. Allison is expected to be here all weekend.

JSTUS: God be with you and take care! Keep safe... If y'all have to go north... ***HUGS***

Thanks for the information!

Here's the latest

I just saw, on the news, floating caskets that came from a cemetery behind a small church in Baker, LA, which is about 10 minutes from SU. They said there is nothing they can do about them until the rain stops.

JESUS CHRIST, send anyone who can help!!!

Sims Bayou

Here is a pic of the already once overflowed, and once again swollen Sims bayou near S. Post Oak and Heatherbrook. And the rain has started again over here.
U.S. Swim Team, Greg Luganis, send help FAST!!!!!!

They might need to add another chapter to the Bible after this storm. It appears she is heading back into the gulf and gain some more strenth. They are expecting another 10" tonight.

Back