Awesome year SWAC

I was just thinking, last weekend the SWAC had 2 games with attendance of over 50,000 fans. This weekend there will be at least 1 game with 50,000+ fans in New Orleans, and a team in FSC playoffs. Next weekend another 50,000+ fans in Jackson for SWAC championship. You know, that's pretty damn good.
I agree with the attendance and that is well and good. However, FAMU winning in the playoffs will be HUGE. In addition, a Celebration Bowl victory will set the tone for future endeavors.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I do think we headed closer back to the golden years for SWAC athletics ... I hope the support don't stop with football and continue for the other sports (especially basketball).

Last edited:
Do you know if Icon Gram forfeits the next two and half decades the all time series would just be even? At Grambling, we do not buy Primetime we earn it. 😎
Ahhhh Gram . How the times have turned you small time… because when we talking ICON we talk championships not series games ,but i guess that’s what you’ve been reduced too. Even then, JSU whooped the decline off Grambling last time we met. But my good friend, Here’s some math for you.. if JSU wins 2 celebration bowls, we will have more than Grambling has had in the Celebration bowl era … and the youth will recognize JSU as the new icon they grew up watching when mentioning winning football. Meanwhile ya’ll will dust off the ole 2016 Kincaid era a and live in the dimming glory days.

Ahhhh Gram . How the times have turned you small time… because when we talking ICON we talk championships not series games ,but i guess that’s what you’ve been reduced too. Even then, JSU whooped the decline off Grambling last time we met. But my good friend, Here’s some math for you.. if JSU wins 2 celebration bowls, we will have more than Grambling has had in the Celebration bowl era … and the youth will recognize JSU as the new icon they grew up watching when mentioning winning football. Meanwhile ya’ll will dust off the ole 2016 Kincaid era a and live in the dimming glory days.

Do you realize the last time J-State won the SWAC Obama was a junior senator from Illinois? What the youth will remember is exactly what J-State history shows. In the last 40 years or so J-State had a dominant Gorden era and now a very encouraging Prime era. However, there are long periods of emptiness in between, which is analogous to comparing J-State to the Icon with 26 SWAC titles. You do realize If J-State wins two Celebration Bowls that would still be 10 national titles behind the Icon - right?

Enjoy this transient Primetime experience as J-State can only be an Icon in another world. Nonetheless, the Icon of BCF will be rooting for J-State if the Primers make it to the Celebration Bowl (as our SWAC brethren). However, I would not count out Dooley as I have seen his offensive prowess dominate PAC 12 Arizona on the road.

The big picture is looking pretty good.👍
We saw it a long time ago. Welcome to an exciting FCS Conference my brutha. Unlike the MEAC and several other cornball conferences, through the good and bad/pretty and ugly, the SWAC shows up with excitement for more than just one or two rivalry games. You didn’t experience that in the MEAC, so we can’t definitely understand your excitement.

At some point its got to be about more than attendance though. That's pretty much a given with HBCU football in the south as long as the teams are winning. FAMU drew 50k last week then got on tv looking like they'd never been taught the fundamentals of football.

We have been on tv, all of us, we met a pro qb with talented receivers. Great experience for the team and coaching staff. This lost doesn’t stop any of the conference momentum. Audience for FAMU didn’t decrease because of the results of this game. Think about this, do y’all think SLU would have gotten those eyeballs without this HBCU?, hell no… They sure wouldn’t have gotten this attendance at the game. We, HBCU’s bring a lot to the table, win or lose…

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back