Avid Book Readers

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
I was given the opportunity to meet this brother last night at his booksigning that my bookclub sponsored, and I must say he is a charm. He's funny as hell and a very good writer. I'm currently reading his book "Milk in My Coffee" and I purchased his new one last night. Anyone read "Thieves' Paradise" yet?

www.ericjeromedickey.com

I purchased it. I'll start it this weekend.
I've read all of his books. He's excellent.

Well thi new book better be better than the last one...

Between Lovers was not on par with the rest of his books. Cheaters is still my favorite of any. One thing about Dickey is that his books remain true to life. They don't always have a happy ending like some authors. I get sick of the "they lived happily ever after endings sometimes. I'll have to pick this one up later tomorrow though......gotta watch B-ball tonight!

I just finished reading Lil Mama's Rules and am currently reading Knowing

Great Book!!

I gotta give props...this was atotaly new direction for Dickey and his books. This storyline is unlike any of the previous novels. But staying true to form, you never saw the ending coming. I gotta give credit....this was a helluva novel. I kind hate I read it so fast. I'll have to pick it up again in a few months to see the subtle points that I missed.

Best line in the book........

"Fine, then adopt me and send me to GRAMBLING!!

We are......

SMH @ Suge reading them pansy ass books.

Gotta be a pickup strategy or something. "Baby, I read Dickey, do you???"
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Dtown,
I never read his series. Are they all good?
Do you know if he's slated to visit to Houston "Sistah Circle"?

It will be a while before I get to read anything
else. I'm too bogged down getting my book in
order. I'm submitting it before the end of the
summer.

-Astrya

I haven't gotten Theives Paradise yet.

I liked them all... Cheaters and Milk/Coffee are neck and neck with me. Liars Game wasn't bad either. BETWEEN LOVERS... I thought it was interesting, but pretty good.

Lil mama's Rules was tooooooo good. Sheneska is a good writer. Caught Up in the Rapture was good. I just finished Blessings two days ago.

Originally posted by Storm_ofSU
Dtown,
I never read his series. Are they all good?
Do you know if he's slated to visit to Houston "Sistah Circle"?

-Astrya

I agree with Suge, Between lovers was not one of EJD best works.

Dtown - he used to be a standup comedian (so the brother knows how to make us laugh, he's hilarious)

Storm - he was here in Houston on May 29th @ the Shrine

I'ma get an open mind about these books. My wife got all them joints. Been trying to get me to read 'em when I ask if she got a good book for me to read. I always tell her "HELL NO!!!" But now, I'ma read the first one.

Give me the order in which they should be read. I grabbed Liar's Game for toilet reading earlier today. Couldn't find the newspaper.:D

if i remember correctly

1. Sister Sister
  2. Friends and Lovers
  3. Milk in my Coffee
  4. Cheaters
  5. Liars Game
  6. (little part in Got to be Real)
  7. Between Lovers
  8. Theives Paradise
    [/list=1]

My favorites are Sister Sister and Liars Game. I didn't care too much for Between Lovers...it seemed to predictable. I'm picking up Thieves Paradice today!

All of his work has been good. Between Lovers seemed to be along the E. Lynn Harris line.

Robber, once you read one of his works, you'll go on to the next one immediately.

I still hadn't started Thieves yet. Will do ASAP.

Ms. J4J read Casting The First Stone by Roby also. It was excellent.

Originally posted by JSTUS

I have read <u>Casting the First Stone</u>! EXCELLENT read.

Although, there was one particular scene in <u>Casting</u>that was very similary to ....one of Michael Baisden's books...I think. You know the part with announcing the "deed" to the public.

Originally posted by saniyya

Dtown - he used to be a standup comedian (so the brother knows how to make us laugh, he's hilarious)

Storm - he was here in Houston on May 29th @ the Shrine

U R so right Saniyya, btw, how's the baby?

He is so funny....Stormy, he was already in yo town. :D and yes, everything I've read by him, I've enjoyed.

Originally posted by Dtown Jag

U R so right Saniyya, btw, how's the baby?

She's fine, just as precious as she wants to be.
I hate leaving her to come to work in the mornings but the bills have to be paid. :)
I'll post a pic soon.

Originally posted by Robber
SMH @ Suge reading them pansy ass books.

Gotta be a pickup strategy or something. "Baby, I read Dickey, do you???"
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I read some of them pansy books too...

Originally posted by JSTUS
All of his work has been good. Between Lovers seemed to be along the E. Lynn Harris line.

I thought too about BL.

I started Casting today!

Back