Avatars...pictures....tech sh...t

MACKG

a.k.a. NASTYNUPE
If I have a picture that I want to use as my avatar(I hope that's the correct word)...how do I scale it down to size while still being clear and recognizable?

That's all for now...

You probably have a program for adjusting graphics on your computer right now, especially if you have a scanner or digital camera. Do you have PhotoShop? MS Photo Editor? Both of these will shrink the pic.

I think even "Paint" will do it. Y'know, that program in Start - Programs - Accessories - Paint? But it only works with Bitmap (.bmp) files, though.

Isn't that an avatar you have under your name right now? How'd you get that one?

As soon as I get 150 posts, I'm going to put my avatar up. I already know what I'm going to have. I need to put my sig up, too.

If you have some photo editing software, you should look for something that says "resize image," "rescale image," or something like that. When you resize it, make sure that it's at the most 100 by 100 pixels. That's the largest your avatar can be.
When you resize your picture, you can sharpen in and that should make it look clearer.

I can shrink it for you....but I charge in Beer. :D

Originally posted by Alcorn Warrior
As soon as I get 150 posts, I'm going to put my avatar up. I already know what I'm going to have. I need to put my sig up, too.

If you have some photo editing software, you should look for something that says "resize image," "rescale image," or something like that. When you resize it, make sure that it's at the most 100 by 100 pixels. That's the largest your avatar can be.
When you resize your picture, you can sharpen in and that should make it look clearer.
Dont forget the change the resolution also. If you scan a pict., scan it big and resize it down. Most picts. look good with a resolution of 72.,

Back