ASU men win SWAC track title

Olde Hornet

Congrats to the ASU men!

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/NEWS/StorySportswj10asutrack.htm

Paced by two first-place finishes by Jeremy Bateman, the Alabama State men won the SWAC outdoor track meet at Houston on Sunday.

Bateman won the 100- and 200-meter races, and also was part of ASU's winning 4x100 relay team as the Hornets registered 131 points to come from behind on the final day. Grambling took second at 124, followed by Southern at 122 points.

Congrats to Bama State on sweeping the Men's track season.

Can't wait for JSU to get some "field" athletes.

Horace Crump (if he is still the head coach) has had the Hornets kicking tail for a long time. Congrats Hornets!!!

There is still some nationally ranked talent in track in the SWAC. It was a good meet. I really enjoyed it. Congratulations to the Alabama State men.

KUDOS...........

To the Hornet Men & Lady Jags.

Random Thoughts:

I am looking forward to those Cinder Blazing Raging Jags to recapture the indoor and outdoor title.

Grambling finishing runner-up really messes my head up

TXSU not being in the fray must be a "sign of the time."

Bama State won the Men's meet what the hell?

S.U. not showing up in the sprints and relays....get the smuck out here!

Dont Southern have a state champion shot put guy that plays on the offensive line from Opelousas on the football team?

I wonder if FAMU relay teams and quarter horse will show up in the NCAA's

TXSU high jumper is "tight." (you may ask which one...snicker)

Re: KUDOS...........

mighty hornet said:
Thanks mighty hornet
:lol::lol:

You are welcome.....smile

huh?

ASU won the indoor title too. Finished 2nd in outdoor last year
so, what's the surprise?

I am aware; just thought the Jags would pull the suprise and out point you all outdoors. Is this ASU first indoor and outdoor titles? I cant recall them ever winning. Also, I think integrations has really kicked in on TXSU. Man TXSU use to be a track machine. Hell, I've seen them send A & B teams to two different track meets back in the day and win both of them.

Nope, looks like ASU owned the sprints.
True That; Southern for years have had some top notch sprinters.

:bawling:

Coach Stan Wright and Dave Bethany send help!!! I've had as much as I can stomach. :vomit:

You all just don't know how I'm dying over here. :dead:

Back