ASU lost knocks them from #1

thegooddoctor

ASU loss to SU couple with South Carolina State defeat of Tennessee State will move SCS into #1 upon HBCU. :saw:

If SCS continues undefeated they probably will earn the mythical #1 Black college champions this year.

mighty hornet said:
did Hampton lose yesterday?

Yep. So did NC A&T to Norfolk State. A weird day in college football.

BTW, I am sure the polls will move BCC back to #1. SU has 2 losses and we probably aint worthy just yet of a #1 ranking. Just being honest. Long Season to go.

JR said:
Yep. So did NC A&T to Norfolk State. A weird day in college football.

BTW, I am sure the polls will move BCC back to #1. SU has 2 losses and we probably aint worthy just yet of a #1 ranking. Just being honest. Long Season to go.

If you want to get technical about it, SU is undefeated in BCF. Should losses to PWC affect your standing in these polls? I guess it's human nature to move somebody down no matter who they lose to. Kinda like when a top I-AA loses to a I-A....

PNeck019 said:
If you want to get technical about it, SU is undefeated in BCF. Should losses to PWC affect your standing in these polls? I guess it's human nature to move somebody down no matter who they lose to. Kinda like when a top I-AA loses to a I-A....
PWC losses should affect your standing, if they're in your division. SU lost to a fellow 1-AA team. That's no different from losing to a Alabama State or Hampton. Losing to a team in 1-A is a totally different matter.

When will we learn the difference between the words "lost" and "loss"? Just curious. :)

But anyway, I think you will see Albany State jump to #1 since they beat Tuskegee yesterday. Also, I dont see SU jumping over SC State or BCC since they had big wins yesterday too.

A&T Brandmasta said:
When will we learn the difference between the words "lost" and "loss"? Just curious. :)

But anyway, I think you will see Albany State jump to #1 since they beat Tuskegee yesterday. Also, I dont see SU jumping over SC State or BCC since they had big wins yesterday too.
So I guess quality of win doesn't work for you anymore huh? :rolleyes:

Anyway............

1. Hampton Pirates (loss to Del. State )
2. Albany State Rams (defeated TU)
3. Alabama State Hornets (loss to SU)
4. Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (defeated Mo State)
6. South Carolina State Bulldogs (defeated TNSU)
7. Tennessee State Tigers (loss to SCSU)
8. Southern Jaguars (defeated ASU)
10. Alcorn State Braves (open)

Sorry about the error. I think I learned the difference between lost and loss back in grammar school. Also, it was an error regarding SU moving to #1 among HBCU's. I meant South Carolina State.

PNeck019 said:

I can honestly say in the past this was a factor. I don't know what year but I remember two teams finished with the same record... They each had one loss.
The team with no losses to BCF teams got the nod in the end. The other team had one loss to a BCF team

Back