Artist sensation Prince is dead at 57.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Right up the road.

Michael Jackson and his brothers and sisters also have deep roots in Louisiana. Papa Joe had relatives living in Bogalusa, LA. I actually was roommates with one of his second cousins at Southern and he definitely looked like them too.

Along with pop icon Beyonce, Prince’s roots run deep in Louisiana. His real name is Prince Rogers Nelson according to Huffington Post, and all four of his grandparents are from Louisiana.

According to the Advertiser his family is from all over Louisiana with connections in Claiborne, Webster, Bienville and Lincoln parishes. The towns of Homer, Cotton Valley, Arcadia and Vienna.

Read More: Prince's Roots Run Deep In Louisiana | http://planet1051.com/princes-roots...rackback=fbshare_mobile_top&trackback=tsmclip

Last edited:
I never made it to one of Prince concerts, but I out in a lot of shows to his music. Great performances too.

As music heroes go, Prince was that dude for me, nobody else comes close.The rock & roll HofF performance...mannnnnnnnnn!

Michael Jackson and his brothers and sisters also have deep roots in Louisiana. Papa Joe had relatives living in Bogalusa, LA. I actually was roommates with one of his second cousins at Southern and he definitely looked like them too.

If he look like this I woulda slept with one eye opened.

Jermaine-Jackson-hair.jpg

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
If he look like this I woulda slept with one eye opened.

Jermaine-Jackson-hair.jpg

No, dude was very religious and he actually kept his hair short and natural, but he did show me some pictures of him and them at some family gathering in the late 70's or early 80's. I believe that was just after MJ's Thriller album when he still had the big afro. When I moved back to Louisiana in late 90's, I ran into the dude at lunch in downtown Baton Rouge. He actually didn't have anything good to say about MJ's child molestation case.

Back