Article: Cole says evidence disputes charges (link to evidence!)

Seems like Cole has several good points. I have always believed that at times coaches take the blame for a lot of things out of thier control.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Is the NCAA Headed to ALABAMA State?

It appears that way.

---------------------------

NCAA coming to ASU soon

By Josh Moon
Montgomery Advertiser

front_asu.jpg

Robert Vowels

SWAC commissioner Robert Vowels says the NCAA will examine the ASU football program.

-- Karen S. Doerr Advertiser

Southwestern Athletic Conference commissioner Robert Vowels said Sunday that he expects NCAA investigators to arrive at Alabama State University in the next two weeks.

"They should be here either this week or next, but I'm almost positive they'll be here this week," Vowels said. "I know (ASU athletic director .....

----------------
Read the Story ...
http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/NEWS/StorySports14ALASTW.htm

Re: Is the NCAA Headed to ALABAMA State?

Why is Vowels discussing ASU's business at a multi-conference roundtable?

JSU99,

Somebody needs to discuss this stuff in the media because some dirty and underhanded business has went on at ASU. ASU administration has tried to destroy Coach Coles livlihood and nobody should have been treated this way. I thinks LC Coles is going get paid behind all this crap.

I knew just from reading the posts and news article that something wasn't right about this investigation.

It appears that this man was railroaded out of Montgomery.

Does anyone know if he has filed a suit regarding wrongful termination. He won.t get his job back, but the school will have to pay damages. :tophat:

Gooddoctor,

At this point, I do not know if any lawsuits are pending. If not, I think lawsuits will come. I do not see how LC Coles could not file a lawsuit!

What is the status of the Compliance officer who was in charge when all of this was going on?
Also weren't some other sports quilty of playing ineligible students doing this time? If so, were any other coaches railroaded out of Montgomery? :smash:

I think both of the compliance officers worked in other capacities at ASU, however both of them are not compliance officers anymore. Yes, student athletes for other sports such as men basketball and girls softball were found to be inelgible as result of compliance problems, but the coaches for these two sports remained in their positions. Gooddoctor, you are right, LC was railroaded and ASU administration need to be held liable for their actions. :flamethro

Back