Are there any homeowners here?

KennyReno

Prisoner Of The State
I was just wondering if there were any members of the page that own a home. I just bought a home myself in May (keep in mind I'm 22 years old). And it's a good feeling to me.

Congratulations on your new home! You should feel good about it. It is one of (if not THE) most important investment you can make. :)

Thanks!!!!!!!

Originally posted by AAMU Alum
Congratulations on your new home! You should feel good about it. It is one of (if not THE) most important investment you can make. :)

It's a blessing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share some info!

CONGRATS man! Good seeing fellow young brothers on the come-up.

I'm working on the house situation myself. I need to eliminate some SERIOUS DEBT (messed myself up), but it's coming along. Any advice?

Re: Share some info!

Originally posted by kevdawg
CONGRATS man! Good seeing fellow young brothers on the come-up.

I'm working on the house situation myself. I need to eliminate some SERIOUS DEBT (messed myself up), but it's coming along. Any advice?

Well, theres a lot to deal with: where you're moving to, Credit history, who you know in the business of real estate. My Godfather helped me out in my journey. The house was originally priced at about $19K. It went down to $15,338.76. Another note is to see if you have enough money to pay for it with mortgage payments and if you take out a loan. I paid for it all in one shot. I got a nice lil 2 bedroom spot. Now another factor is repairs. I just paid $8 Gs for the work done. And if you do buy one, get some insurance on it quick!!!!!!! My agent has a map of flood zones in his office and according to what I saw, I wasn't in one. Before you decide to buy, inspect your home carefully. Foundation status, insulation, and the total stability of the home itself plays a role because of energy payments. My house is on a concrete slab so I don't have to worry about anything or anyone runnin' up under the house. Good luck on you're endavors!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like home ownership.....I've been in mine for about 9 years now. I'm not throwing money away by renting or leasing like I had to do during my 20's. It's good to see a person so young get a home and start working on it. You seem to have a good starter home and it will assist you when you're ready to move up into a larger one in the years to come.

Originally posted by evilken21
I was just wondering if there were any members of the page that own a home. I just bought a home myself in May (keep in mind I'm 22 years old). And it's a good feeling to me.

Congrats, My wife and I have been Homeowners for about a year and a half. It's definitely a blessing, and it beats paying rent knowing that you'll own it in full one day.:D (GOD WILLING)
Also, did you know that if you payed a little extra on your note each month(ie, 20-100) it could knock off 7-8 years. Something to think about......:idea:

Re: Re: Are there any homeowners here?

Originally posted by THE ENFORCER

Congrats, My wife and I have been Homeowners for about a year and a half. It's definitely a blessing, and it beats paying rent knowing that you'll own it in full one day.:D (GOD WILLING)
Also, did you know that if you payed a little extra on your note each month(ie, 20-100) it could knock off 7-8 years. Something to think about......:idea:

The way I did it was a single in-full payment shot. No notes here, just taxes and insurance. But I'm sure that the info you just shared is useful to those on a mortgage payment plan.

Originally posted by Fiyah
Nothing like home ownership.....I've been in mine for about 9 years now. I'm not throwing money away by renting or leasing like I had to do during my 20's. It's good to see a person so young get a home and start working on it. You seem to have a good starter home and it will assist you when you're ready to move up into a larger one in the years to come.

I already have something set for that when I'm through with grad school and move. Hopefully the economy will get better so that my annuity get generate more money from the intrest.

Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag
Congratulations! We just bought our second one a month & half ago... Doesn't it feel great!?

It's lovely......thanks to all for your congrats, I appreciate it!!!!!!!

I'm into my 3rd year of home ownership. Wish I coulda paid for this joint in one shot. Anyone interested should really see a real estate agent who works closely with lenders. They are great at finding your home and mortgage.

At this time, I'm buying plants and shrubs to beautify my yard, courtyard and pool area. Then it's on to re-doing my deck. This stuff is expensive. But I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Congratulations!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!! I'm on my 3rd!!!! If you move always buy another one no matter where you live because you keep building equity!!!!!!

Originally posted by evilken21

Congratulations is in order!!!!!!
You have made one of the best investments and you will never go wrong. We have been in our current home for 10 years and it feels good. I also have a home paid for that my mother lives in, that is a blessing alone. We took out a mortage on the house my mother stays in and replaced windows, doors, new roof, installed central air and enlarged the patio. In 20 years the investment doubled, so if you take care of it, it will take care of you. The time now is sweat equity.....maintaining the yard, planting flowers & shrubs, building a deck, wall papering & painting, and just simple repairs. Be constantly aware of your neighbors and the repairs they are making.....why? Well, the houses in my neighborhood were built around the same time......old hot water heaters were on the curb; guess what - our hot water heater when out, dishwashers out on the curb; our dishwasher had to be replaced -get my drift. Get to know your neighbors especially the ones across the street and next door....why? You'll be leaving town for a few days or week and your "good" neighbors will look out on your house while you're gone, they may even water your plants, pick your newspapers, look out for your kids, etc. I live in a working class neighborhood, the neighbors are not busy bodies but I "make" time to chat because they are always on the lookout.:)

Well my brother is like 30 has his masters and stays with me and my mom and jus tlost his job but he is saved and does lot of communitys serivce

what do you think about him he goes to church everysudday

Back