Are black females finally seeing the light?

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
Is the black male "monopoly" on relationships/dating/marriage about to be over?

Did anybody peep dat article in Essence, "When Mr Right is White"? Basically an article that looks at black women and their dating/marriage options relative to exclusively black males verses branching out to other races.

Frankly I thought the article was really going to be ground breaking, but it didn't live up to my expectations.

I thought they were going to be tearing black males a new one and espousing the "virtues" of non-black males over their black male counterparts.

Perhaps this is one baby step towards sistas re-thinking their fierce loyalty to the black male despight 60-70% of the most affluent black males electing to go wit the pinktoes. If the black female drops her spec on black males, what would that do to the psyche' of the black male not to mention the dynamic of relationships? :eek2: Thoughts?

The slave mentality is stil present in some of us and we just want massa's woman. The black woman is not going to change the psyche. Those of us who lean in the other direction are too fearful of the strong black woman and would rather have other that will not question and do exactly as they are told. The male/female dynamic was changed by the slave masters. The black male was made passive and only good for work and breeding and the female was made the strong head of the household. Some of us have been able to break the shackles, but too many have not.

Then a whole lot of them reside in California,,,

and other places like big urban areas of the U.S. and the world. How do they see it? What if they are born in an area like, for example, Pasadena CA where they grow up interacting with almost every race imaginable and dating/marrying outside the race is common?

Now what if this starts to be a growing trend , what will happen to brotha's like myself. I mean we will never find a black woman who we like because she messes with another race.

But I don't know if you all have noticed, but when I see a black woman with a white man they don't even look at a black man any more. They don't even want to be bothered with us after they ate a white person. Most of them have an nasty attitude thinking that all of us are ghetto or thugs and we are not. So what you say about that?

Relationships ain't looking too promising for us Black Women that want Black Men

Black Men all the way for me baby!!!!!!!!! :tup:

I think it's pretty sad for us, as women though. We really don't have much to choose from when you look at the big picture. The black man is dayum near extinct and the ones that are around are already married, womanizers & no damn good, dead, locked up, gay, they don't want to date black women or they're just str8 phugged up in the head and don't know WTF they want. :smh: I don't know many sistas that date white men or any other nationality for that matter. So this article is news to me.

Originally posted by DtownJag

Black Men all the way for me baby!!!!!!!!!

I think it's pretty sad for us, as women though. We really don't have much to choose from when you look at the big picture. The black man is dayum near extinct and the ones that are around are already married, womanizers & no damn good, dead, locked up, gay, they don't want to date black women or they're just str8 phugged up in the head and don't know WTF they want. I don't know many sistas that date white men or any other nationality for that matter. So this article is news to me.

DtownJag, much luv to ya baby!

I will always prefer my sistahs, because they understand us,[ the brothas] from the cradle. Meaning they understand all our moods, emotions and frustrations from a brotha's point of view.

Originally posted by pbla
Originally posted by DtownJag

DtownJag, much luv to ya baby!

I will always prefer my sistahs, because they understand us,[ the brothas] from the cradle. Meaning they understand all our moods, emotions and frustrations from a brotha's point of view.

I'm witcha pbla....Imma keep praying for us as a people. One day I'll connect with my king....Imma keep hope alive :)

Originally posted by Black_Reign
But I don't know if you all have noticed, but when I see a black woman with a white man they don't even look at a black man any more. They don't even want to be bothered with us after they ate a white person. Most of them have an nasty attitude thinking that all of us are ghetto or thugs and we are not. So what you say about that?

I actually dated a couple of white men while I was in college. It was a difficult decision because everyone around me said that I was a sellout. I even had one man tell me that a white boy would never be able to lay it down like a black man could and that I should just "wait for the brothas to come back around". My response to that was I wasn't in it for the sex. I would rather be with someone who's going to respect me and treat me right over someone who's going to do me wrong. At the time that's the type of treatment I was getting. I still LOVE my black men. When I think of being married I think of a black man. But ultimately I'm going to end up with whoever treats me the right way and someone who loves me as much as I love them. I still have hope I'm just not going to sit around and "wait".

I think that some women decide to expand their choices by including other races as a CHOICE ...meaning her spouse may be non-black. You have to look at it on a case-by-case basis. Not everyone has had the same experiences. Many have run into that stereotypical "dog", then others have met some who were NOT a so-called dog. I suggest that each person look at herself in the mirror and ask the question, "What types of vibes am I putting out there?" Believe it or not, you attract what you put out.

For instance, I saw a woman once say, "I want a man who will want me for my mind and not my body." Well, she was standing there dressed in some too tight slacks, a tight as sweater, and some come-get-me pumps. Don't get me wrong! Her outfit was fly and she was nice looking and most men would have said she had a great body. How can you advertise your body like that but anticipate a man to not want it...??? Even the men in front of whom she spoke those words said to her, "While you look damn good, you're advertising your body, but your mouth is saying something different." Everything about her outfit SCREAMED, "LOOK AT ME" ...Nothing about it said, "listen to me." Go figure.

Back to the subject at hand, ...I completely understand SOME of these women who seem to think it is ok to date/marry outside of her race. If it makes them happy, go ahead. Ultimately, she is the one who has to live with her CHOICES...not me or anyone else.

Jag4Jag, good points.

I often wonder about the point you made about the sista with the advertisable appearance but running the "my mind" smack. I have come to believe this is simply the contrarian nature of humans/females in this instance. Push the envelope and test males to see if we behave. There seems to be something about that mastery over a person/male that is narcotic; "I can do what I want, but you better do as I say". Just a phylosophical take.

As far as the sistas expanding your options, whatever. As you said, ultimately it's the individual that has to live with the decision either way.

I don't discriminate!

I've dated outside my race and more than likely will do it again.
No comparisons can be made.
Men are men in my book! That's what I choose.
They are individuals based on those manly qualities non-racial/stereotypical or the like.

It's not about "color" for me.
It's about companionship.
It's not about race..
It's about a relationship.
It's not about better or worse based on race/color or "what other people" think.
It's about living and understanding that I can't expect or ask for
for respect and equality in one breath and discriminate in another solely based on "color". That's just plain stupid! Work with me.
Do what makes you happy. For me that's not what "you" or anyone else would "think" about it.

My preference...A God-fearing, strong, black, career minded, loving and committed man.

My destiny...Whatever God has in store for me I will willingly and loving accept! Red, Yellow, black or white!;)

Back