APPRECIATE Doug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Dolemite Taylor

I just would like to say to i appreciate yuour efforts and time at grambling.I remember i first met you at the press conference.That first practice i sat at the top of those bleachers at memeorial stadium.I witnessed almost every practice form that year until now.I just appreciate it as time when i just felt peace jsut watching practice and going to games and media days every summer.I remeber the time i really wasn't hungry one media day nut you insisted i get some pizza and drove me over to the stadium.I last saw when i got that media guide from you .You save me ten big ones.I know you read this stuff and think these folks are crazy including me.It was all fun for me nothing serious at all.I respect you and your staff first as men and caoches second.I just sat and watched you take this program on life support to bring it back to life.It wasn't the games or practice it was just the atmosphere at both . Inever felt so comfortable .I remember i first got married and we moved bernice .I was driving from bernice to practicejust to relax.Alot of time sgoing to the practices kept me out of alot trouble.I jsut thank you for never asking why is he always here at practice.I can't thank you enough.Memories cross my mine of those cold days in november adn spring just outhere watching those practices.This year i went to all of but one game sjsu.i REMEMBER GEtting up at 4:30 am driving to alabama by myself to go the asu game this year.IM glad i got to go pinebluff and all those places.If you are reading this it has been my pleasure to meet you and just be around you at those practices which may have saved my life and marriage plenty of times by jsut beign there at those practices instead of other places.So keep repping gram to the fullest whic i know you will.I know melvin is ready .I've watched countless practice and could see those qualities epsecially hsi attention to detail.As you unhook your computer and head off .Ireally appreciate it as all of the fanse im sure do also .It was a pleasure Doug .THANKS PLaya for jsut letting me hang around all those years.Later Doug.

In a sense I hate to see Doug leave...but if it can inspire STC to type in lower caps then it must not be all bad!

I always looked upon Doug as a "brother" in the sense that we were contemporaries at GSU. Over the years while I was at GSU and since, I doubt if Doug and I ever said more than 25 words to each other. Sorta strange because we both know and are friends with many of the same people. I was even a classmate of his first wife (actually, it was through her that we mostly came in contact...he would often wait for her after class and we would speak as I departed and he arrived).

Doug really is an okay guy. Folk who only see him on the sidelines may misread him or put too much into some of the claims that he's aloof or unfriendly. Actually, he's just regular people who will open up and be a regular guy if given the chance. He's a typical guy...one who feels as comfortable saying "what's up Bruh" as he does saying "Kiss my azz" if necessary.

Good Luck Doug...much success in Tampa!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
:rolleyes: Everyone seems to think Doug is Jesus or some mystical being by bringing Grambling Football back from the dead. Someone else could have done the exact same thing he has done. I'm not hatin on the man, i give credit were credit is due. If my memory serves me correctly Doug applied for the head coach, we did not seek him. He wanted the Job, he got it. His job...to restore us to power, something which he has done. Now his services or no longer need and it's time for Spears to step to the plate and make this The Age of Grambling (TAG) as i likes to call it.

On the real Doug will be missed by everyone, but we'll quickly get over it........:bawling:

Bye Bye Doug, one way or another u was gonna b outta here anyway......:p

I m teh las tperson to think of him as a mystical person or coach .Iknow he was not the first by gram or even you know who.He did his job and has moved on.I knew hw would not go to another school anyway.

Doug

He will be missed. Grambling and the SWAC lose a good coach and leader. I hope he has as much success in the pro rank as Ozzie Newsome. Newsome is one of the most respected NFL front office officials in the game and also a regular brother.

Originally posted by BayouBandit03
:rolleyes: Everyone seems to think Doug is Jesus or some mystical being by bringing Grambling Football back from the dead. Someone else could have done the exact same thing he has done. I'm not hatin on the man, i give credit were credit is due. If my memory serves me correctly Doug applied for the head coach, we did not seek him. He wanted the Job, he got it. His job...to restore us to power, something which he has done. Now his services or no longer need and it's time for Spears to step to the plate and make this The Age of Grambling (TAG) as i likes to call it.

On the real Doug will be missed by everyone, but we'll quickly get over it........:bawling:

Bye Bye Doug, one way or another u was gonna b outta here anyway......:p

:smh:

Originally posted by MikeBigg
In a sense I hate to see Doug leave...but if it can inspire STC to type in lower caps then it must not be all bad!

ROTF!!! :lmao:

If Jesus Christ himself came to Grambling, turned the program around and left....haters would still have something negative to say!!

GOOD LUCK DOUG!!! You will be missed!!!

Originally posted by cat daddy
:smh:

Doug has been very good for Grambling. I can't say that is the case for the SWAC other than bring GSU back to a premier team in the SWAC which is always good to have the big 3 with good teams (SU, JSU and GSU). I lot of rivals spend off of those teams and the 3 have some great games with each other when they are good. Yet, he may could have done more - unless the likes of Rudy prevented that from happening. But, that could be due to a change in times. The days of coaches/ADs like Casem, Gordan, Robinson, etc... not only doing the things to have successful programs, but also a strong successful conference are pretty much in the past. The SWAC office is sort of like the NCAA to our current head coaches (somebody with rules they have to follow adn that is about it). So, things like a national show that displays the athletic programs in the SWAC on networks like (MBC, BET, Fox, etc...) are not in the near future.

I Doug will have a positive impact on more HBCU talent being drafted. I'm sure it should help GSU's drafting, but again, will he be as he taught or as the SWAC is today when he sits at the NFL round-table?

Peace!!!

Back