Apples Are Growing in American Homes

My kids have iPhones 4, I have an iPad 2, iPod touch for working out, a Macbook Pro, and in my office an iMac and Mac mini/time capsule set up..... We're even thinking about Apple TV.....All that Apple stuff and I refuse to let go of my Blackberry!!!! Nobody understands that!, :lol:

Last edited:
My kids have iPhones 4, I have an iPad 2, iPod touch for working out, a Macbook Pro, and in my office an iMac and Mac mini/time capsule set up..... We're even thinking about Apple TV.....All that Apple stuff and I refuse to let go of my Blackberry!!!! Nobody understands that!, :lol:

I understand, you like what you like:lol:

I understand it. As far as reliability and battery life, blackberries are pretty rock solid.

Not true. There's a nice market for small form factor computers. I have 2 of them here at home, one of which has a blu-ray drive and has room for more ram and a bigger hard drives.

I have earlier models of this one, and there are even more powerful ones out there.

http://www.asrock.com/nettop/overview.asp?Model=Core 100HT

Let's try this regarging Mac Mini, nothing is better that runs Lion. I need Apple, goal is to move PC over to run Apple OS to setup Lion server environment.

I understand it. As far as reliability and battery life, blackberries are pretty rock solid.

I understand, you like what you like:lol:

My family keeps telling me to get with "Team iPhone".... but I just can't do it. It took me forever to get a "newer" Blackberry.... I finally got the Torch this year :lol: My kids are less harassing now because it does have a touch screen and key pad, smh....

Blackberry handles my business and personal email accounts perfectly... I just love it!

The part that I quoted.

Fellas let it go. I have enough Windows hardware to open a Best Buy. Heck, I have a company 64 bit laptop that sits on the floor as a doorstop. I tried loading MacOS on Intel didn't work out well. Not branching out into Apple computer world. Hence the reason that I'm looking at Mac hardware.

Not a fan of iMac but HUGE fan of Mac mini and Mac pro. Damn it feels good to have lots of disposable income.

All this started because I purchase a 15 inch MacBook Pro in 2010.

Fellas let it go. I have enough Windows hardware to open a Best Buy. Heck, I have a company 64 bit laptop that sits on the floor as a doorstop. I tried loading MacOS on Intel didn't work out well. Not branching out into Apple computer world. Hence the reason that I'm looking at Mac hardware.

Not a fan of iMac but HUGE fan of Mac mini and Mac pro. Damn it feels good to have lots of disposable income.

I'll let it go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must be single, LOL!! I feel ya. My friends tell me to get all my toys before I get married, LOL!!

You must be single, LOL!! I feel ya. My friends tell me to get all my toys before I get married, LOL!!

Yes sir, that's the only way that I can justify getting a Mac Pro. Those things have horsepower but they COST. I couldn't justify the purchase if I had a ball and chain.

The mini server will be connected HDMI to my 3D TV to play movies. 3D, 1080p and 720p.

iTunes meda synced iTouch across from mini to MacBook Pro.

Connected to Fios which will be 75Gb/35Gb speeds this summer.

All four usb 2.0 connected to 2Tb external HD for storage as well as internal drives will be used for storage all formatted Mac file system.

Bluetooth Keyboard and TracPad.

From this setup anything my mind can think of as far as testing. Oh and I will be stress testing, that's what I do.

Ordered the Mac Mini today. Used rewards points to reduce price from $999 to $600. Also ordered 16Gb Ram, Bluetooth Keyboard and Bluetooth TracPad.

Ordered the Mac Mini today. Used rewards points to reduce price from $999 to $600. Also ordered 16Gb Ram, Bluetooth Keyboard and Bluetooth TracPad.

Not bad at all…price wise. I’m using Crucial memory (2x4GB) from Amazon…its working fine for me. I might go 16 GB since prices for memory is so low these days. However, 8GB is suiting my needs for now. I wonder when Mountain Lion is out will things change.

Mini Server arrived today. Just synced Keyboard and Tracpad. Need book of instructors and my 16GB of Memory so that I can start balln.

Mini Server arrived today. Just synced Keyboard and Tracpad. Need book of instructors and my 16GB of Memory so that I can start balln.

It might have been a month or so had passed before I got my memory but it ran pretty good with just 2 GB. I have the basic model with no discrete video card and it is not supposed to be a good gaming machine but I was able to play Modern Combat: Domination and Civilization V (on the lowest settings) with just 2GB. If EA can put Madden in the Mac App Store, I would not need a gaming console. :)

I expect the 16Gb of ram to arrive next week. Will not be used as a gaming machine. Mini will be used as a file servers, mp3 file container, mkv (movie) repository and will play movies from the mini that will be displayed on my 3D TV. The playback for 3D movies ghost on the corners of the screen so, hoping the memory will give it the addition performance boost to sync movies better to 3D. If this doesn't work then I will revert back to my oversized Windows pc currently used for movie playback. Mini will be put on network shelf and server as a file server.

With 16GB your going to get performance. That's 1 GB for video. I don't mess with 3D mainly because I'm blind in my left eye so I can't watch it. However, I would like to know how the 16GB will perform. Let me know how things turn out.

Will post results after I add the 16 Gb. don't use the mini too much because of the holiday day. Still haven't verified that there are two 500 Gb HD in there.

Last edited:
With 16GB your going to get performance. That's 1 GB for video. I don't mess with 3D mainly because I'm blind in my left eye so I can't watch it. However, I would like to know how the 16GB will perform. Let me know how things turn out.

Put the 16Gb in yesterday so far it's SWEET. Still testing, haven't tried 3d. Was having major performance issues with Miro media player. HIGHLY RECOMMEND that mac users switch to "VLC" media player, 20 times better than Miro. Miro is great on Intel, but awful on MAC!

Resolved 3D issue. I was getting major ghost images in 3D mode. Issue was resolved when the overscan was turned off on Mac video settings. Video settings are 1080p, overscan turned completely off. going through testing different 3D movies. Avatar looks great and that movie gave me the hardest time with ghost images.

Last edited:
Back