Any Go Go Music Fans

MACKG

a.k.a. NASTYNUPE
I really like the energy and percussion to Go Go music. I purchased some Chuck Brown, Rare Essence and Junk Yard Band last night. Is there any other Go Go Bands that I need to be up on?

thanks

D.C. GO-GO is off the chain! I like listening to the live bands. I was out with some of the Bruhs @ this club @ the University of Maryland and there was a live go-go band there. I forgot the name of the group but the music was good.

NASTYNUPE said:
I really like the energy and percussion to Go Go music. I purchased some Chuck Brown, Rare Essence and Junk Yard Band last night. Is there any other Go Go Bands that I need to be up on?

thanks

I was born and raised in DC so I love me some Go Go. I like the old school gogo though. Backyard is good. I do love Junk yard and Rare Essence. I need me some cds cuz im in louisiana and never go back home. Whats up with that nasty nupe, my fellow G-nite?

WE have a couple of athletes from DC on our teams, so I have raided theri Go-go stashes..... When I was in school (86-90) If I wasnt driving back to Detroit for the weekend, I was hitting DC/B-more for go-go and house weekends... Boy do I miss those days and music.... :headphone :ebrow:

Please Warndalyn tell me you did not say WTH is Go-Go?
Next you are going to be telling me WTH is House/Club?

Anonymous said:
WE have a couple of athletes from DC on our teams, so I have raided theri Go-go stashes..... When I was in school (86-90) If I wasnt driving back to Detroit for the weekend, I was hitting DC/B-more for go-go and house weekends... Boy do I miss those days and music.... :headphone :ebrow:

Please Warndalyn tell me you did not say WTH is Go-Go?
Next you are going to be telling me WTH is House/Club?
um, I'm from da boot...SOUTHERN, at that...I don't know schitt about go-go music.

SU's Finest '93 said:
um, I'm from da boot...SOUTHERN, at that...I don't know schitt about go-go music.

I can't think of the words to describe it, but if you remember the popular song <!--StartFragment --> "Da Butt" from the movie "School Daze"...that was Go-Go.

SAME OLD G said:
I can't think of the words to describe it, but if you remember the popular song <!--StartFragment --> "Da Butt" from the movie "School Daze"...that was Go-Go.
I don't remember that one, SOGgy...I'd have to hear it.

I can burn you some copies and hook you up homegirl!!! Shoot me a pm with your info.

Miss Rhythm said:
I was born and raised in DC so I love me some Go Go. I like the old school gogo though. Backyard is good. I do love Junk yard and Rare Essence. I need me some cds cuz im in louisiana and never go back home. Whats up with that nasty nupe, my fellow G-nite?

Yeah, I'm into some go-go. Have some fam out in the Maryland area that introduced me to it a while back.

SU's Finest '93 said:
I don't remember that one, SOGgy...I'd have to hear it.

Finest you will remember the song when you hear it. Probably didn't realize it was a go-go tune. It was all over the radio back in 88-89.

The song had a section where they called out all of the girls with big 'ol butts.

cat daddy said:
Finest you will remember the song when you hear it. Probably didn't realize it was a go-go tune. It was all over the radio back in 88-89.

The song had a section where they called out all of the girls with big 'ol butts.

EU
Da Butt.

oh, you're talking about da butt song? I didn't know that was go-go...I thought that was hip-hop music. **shrugs shoulders**

I have relatives from PG County and DC. They sure do love their go-go.

As for myself, I can get into it but in moderation. :nod2:

I found Tower Music off of Oaklawn. Spent a few hours in there (upstairs and downstairs) looking for Go-Go. They have Go-Go intermixed w/ R&B. :tdown:

Their jazz and classical collections are super-duper nice. (downstairs) :tup:

Rrraaa, NN, u gone hafta'.... u know.... burn a brova' a few since they don't have as much Go-Go here like they would on the ECoast. I have Chuck Brown's greatest and that's it. :( Also, while @ Howard, there was a go-go group who did a live performance that I was able to dup from <b>cassette tape</b>. lol So.... I'm hurting in that dept. :(

Back