anti-DEI bill in Alabama and Black athletes

EB

The hit dogs are hollering. If these bills pass in other states, I hope that the Black politicians will speak up as well.

----------

Birmingham Mayor Randall Woodfin took a social media jab this morning at Alabama legislators who introduced a bill prohibiting the teaching of “divisive concepts” and the sponsorship of “any diversity, equity and inclusion program” in Alabama public schools and universities.

“Although I’m the biggest Bama fan, I have no problem organizing Black parents and athletes to attend other institutions outside of the state where diversity and inclusion are prioritized,” Woodfin said today on the X social media platform.

“If supporting inclusion becomes illegal in this state, hell, you might as well stand in front of the school door like Governor Wallace,” Woodfin said. “Mannnn it’s Black History Month. Y’all could have at least waited until March 1.”

View: https://twitter.com/greg_garrison/status/1760343233454907467

View: https://twitter.com/randallwoodfin/status/1760321456947273881

Also, kinda ironic that these are the very types of folks that actually introduced the majority of us to Christianity. They very much want the Christian version of what Islam is in the Middle East ..but in the southern states. Alabama just legit killed IVF in that state by considering embryos to be children. So if an embryo "dies", the IVF doctors could possibly be charged with murder. No one is taking that risk... UAB already paused their IVF program. So if you were supposed to have the procedure done and they already have your embryos, you're just screwed. If they ever mess around and get power like they want all of these laws will go national.

Anyone that's in the south may as well just expect this. The south is really trying to roll back everything to pre Jim Crow with these laws they're passing. You got Alabama and Florida with DEI, you got every state in the south basically lowering the legal age to carry guns without permit, you got Louisiana dropping the carry age to 18 while at the same time eliminating parole. If that dude somehow manages to win...a lot of folks are gonna lose their comfort zone..quick.

Now, that’s the start of giving them hell! If Democrats gain control of the House and Senate, l would like to see a bill seeking reimbursement from southern states all the monies owed to Black land grant schools.
I doubt we will see that, even if the Democrats gain control of the House and Senate, because it has been known for decades that most states, even those run by Democrats at the time, was not funding land grant HBCUs as the correct levels govern set forth by rolls act.

Back