Another White Frat Incident: Old Miss

Dr. Mac

Player
From USAToday Wire Reports

Frat Photo Ignites Flap In Miss.

Two University of Mississippi students have been expelled from their fraternity after an Internet photograph showed one student dressed as a police officer holding a gun to the head of the second, who was in blackface.

Earlier this week, two Auburn University fraternities were suspended because some members dressed in Ku Klux Klan robes and blackface - one with a noose around his neck - during a Halloween party.

University of Mississippi officials said Thursday that they were investigating the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity's involvement in the latest incident.

The two fraternity members were not identified. The photograph was taken during the all-white fraternity's Halloween party, officials said.

The Daily Mississippian student newspaper reported the photograph was posted on a Web site containing professionally taken photographs for purchase by fraternity and sorority members and others.

The picture has since been deleted from the Web site.

"There wasn't much judgement, but the two people dipicted are very much mis-directed individuals and have no place in our organization," said Wynn Smiley, chief executive officer of the national fraternity.

Smiley said the national organization would investigate "to ensure that we understand what was going on and about the party itself, and to get a better idea of what was going on that night."

University Chancellor Robert Khayat said that the incident "will present the entire university in a negative way. We will take whatever actions are necessary."

END OF STORY

Same Ol' Same Ol'. I guess these were (Old Miss) Rebels with a cause. Like I said on the other thread "Teach Your Children Well".

Regards.

That isn't the first time a incident like that happen at Ole Miss. I was there for a stepshow on the yard and checking out it's Grad school, when I had an incounter with one of those white frat boys walking down fratnernity row. He walk right pass me and said," Are you monkeys finish jumping around." At first, I was shock.:eek: Then I remember where I was. I turn around and ask him what did you say. He replied, "Nothing". and walk away. I told him." I though so". and walk away too. I was mad as hell. :redhot:

Damn! I'm glad I didn't accept that scholarship to Grad school. :redhot:

Oh yeah! He was a Alpha Tau Omega.

Sigma4life,
That's just one of the many reasons I hate Ole Piss. I burned my scholarship offer I got from Ole Piss my Sr. year in high school. My guidance counselor(who was white) asked me why I didn't list them on our class day program with the other schools who offered me a scholarship. I replied to her because I burned the letter in my fireplace and had no intentions of listing them by my name in the program. As far as I was concerned they were not worthy of any black student going there or being listed by my name. She gave me one of those looks like "whoa!"

I used to feel bad for my friends who went to grad school there, but for some they had few or no choices inside the state to get their Masters, Doctorates or JD's. Ole Piss or Ms State will not change. So I am not shocked by your news or this new stuff. When will we learn. I applaud you for not going there.

Back