Another reason 0-7 is smalltime. UAPB is smalltime also!

Mr. Matriculation

Best Sport Cities for 2001

1. New York-New Jersey-Long Island

89. Baton Rouge, La. (LSU helped Southern out alot)
144. Montgomery, Ala. (in 1997 you guys were in last place)
176. Lorman, Miss. (way to go Alcorn)
178. Itta Bena, Miss. (Valley is repping)
231. Grambling, La. (This is sad for the SWAC champs)
233. Jackson, Miss. (Inclement weather and a depleted offensive line is the cause of our rating)
294. Huntsville, Ala. (smalltime)
297. Prairie View, Texas (this is normal)
375. Pine Bluff, Ark. (a disgrace to the SWAC, this is next to last on the list)
376. Montreal (Last Place City)

The criteria we use to pick numero uno:
The rankings are based on the present sports climate, with the criteria including championships; playoff berths; regular-season won-lost records (from the last completed season); applicable power ratings; overall fan fervor (measured in part by attendance as percent of arena/stadium capacity); sports atmosphere and fan knowledgeability; abundance of teams; stadium quality, accessibility and ambience; ticket availability and prices; franchise ownership; marquee appeal of athletes; quality of competition.
To be rated at all, a city must have at least a Division I basketball team or be home to an affiliated minor league baseball team (Class A or above) or to an NFL or major league training site.
We've made subjective calls on whether a nearby college town actually is in a city's ranking, depending on whether that college is interwoven into the city's sports fabric. (Ann Arbor, for example, is distinctly separate from Detroit, but we include the University of Michigan in Detroit's ranking points.)
Tradition plays only a minimal role; this is a 12-month ranking that starts over each year, running roughly from July 1 to June 30 the following year.
Finally, don't look now face-painters, but there is life outside of spectator sports. So we include, albeit reluctantly, some participatory considerations like fishing, boating, hiking, cycling and golfing. Hey, we even give a tip of the ol' ballcap to intellectual pursuits by considering museums and art galleries as a potential tiebreaker.

Originally posted by Mr. Matriculation

1. New York-New Jersey-Long Island

89. Baton Rouge, La. (LSU helped Southern out alot)
144. Montgomery, Ala. (in 1997 you guys were in last place)
176. Lorman, Miss. (way to go Alcorn)
178. Itta Bena, Miss. (Valley is repping)
233. Jackson, Miss. (Inclement weather and a depleted offensive line is the cause of our rating)
294. Huntsville, Ala. (smalltime)
297. Prairie View, Texas (this is normal)
375. Pine Bluff, Ark. (a disgrace to the SWAC, this is next to last on the list)
376. Montreal (Last Place City)

Masturbator,

Please see Grit's post "How to know when to shut your azz up."

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
so sad

Even lil ole Grambling, LA ranked higher than jacksue, pississippi.

You would think that a smart person from the honors dorm would know better than to post some garbage like this.

Oh well....

Who really needs to shut is 0-7

Please see Grit's post "How to know when to shut your azz up."

You need to shut up and sow your mouth closed with stitches. Hicksville is damm near at the bottom of the list. But you all wanna holla about swac east champs, a new stadium, and so forth and so on. The disillusioned will never learn. pitiful.

I was gonna ask about the relevance, but......................

You really think sunnier days would've helped Jackson out ?!?! :rolleyes:

Is this self-smack ??

Al Roker, send help !! :(

Will the real Mr. Matriculation please reveal himself ??? :confused:

There was an article in the Huntsville Times about this STUPID ASS poll about two years ago.

Huntsville has more sports than ANY city in Alabama including Birmingham.

Huntsville Stars-Southern League AA (Brewers) Joe Davis Stadium (seating capacity 12,000)

Tennessee Valley Vipers (ARENA LEAGUE 2) Arean cup finalist in 2000 and semifinalist with a 11-3 record in 2001. They play in the Von Braun Center downtown with a capacity of 13,000.

Huntsville Flight-NBA developmental league or NBADL... the only other league better than this for basketball is the NBA. Also play in the Von Braun Center.

Huntsville Fire-professional hockey team

womens profession football team---forgot the name of the team but i think it is the Dream Girls or something like that.

Huntsville Blast- indoor soccer team.

also

University of Alabama at Huntsville hockey- they have won MANY division 2 national championships.

this poll is a bunch of BULLLLL**** Lorman , Itti Bitti, and Grambling yeah right.

Is this self-smack ??

You see Phatback, i'm not like 0-7. I understand that JSU had a down year in 2000. We went 7-4 and missed the SWAC Championship, thats down for us. We experienced inclement weather for homecoming and Alcorn. Thats not normal for our program. So i find no shame in our ranking, due to the fact I know the source of the problem. Now as far as Hicksville is concerned there is no excuse for that poor showing. You guys are the swac east champs. hahahaha.

Okay, I hear you........but...but...

You see Phatback, i'm not like 0-7. I understand that JSU had a down year in 2000. We went 7-4 and missed the SWAC Championship, thats down for us. We experienced inclement weather for homecoming and Alcorn. Thats not normal for our program. So i find no shame in our ranking, due to the fact I know the source of the problem. Now as far as Hicksville is concerned there is no excuse for that poor showing. You guys are the swac east champs. hahahaha.

But my point is, if anybody in the Dawgpound would have mentioned 'inclement weather' inconjunction with any of attendance at our games..........well, you know what I'm getting at.

Especially with what Dahill just posted, I wonder how dated the information this publication used to come up with this poll.

What else is there in Jackson besides Jackson State ? (Any semi-pro teams or the like ?)

Nothing matters in Jackson, but JSU.

Phatback, we have some other sports(hockey, minor league baseball), but JSU is the only thing that matters to me. We are the reason Jackson wasn't in the top 50 as far as i'm concerned. As JSU goes, so does Jackson.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unknown, this is a SWAC sports page. This topic is about SWAC cities sports atmosphere. You're a good example as to why da gump was last on the list in 1997. :idea:

Mr. Masturbation,

Considering towns the size of Lorman, Grambling, and Itty Bitty are ranked higher than jacksue, why would u go and post some self-smack like this?

you're so damn smart, but so damn sad
:( :(

and then u come on here and blame it on the rain!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Somebody, Anybody, Please send help!!!!!

Dum Dums

It tends to make me melancholy when I realize that some people will never understand anything about anything. City size is not that large of a factor in these polls. Oxford, MS was ranked number 58. Thats higher than several cities with 5 times the population of Oxford. Hattiesburg, MS was ranked higher than Baton Rouge. Just read the criteria that Sporting News used in the bottom of the original post. Yall slow.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: Mighty Gnat

Mighty Horny, you need to be quiet and be happy that yall climbed from the debts of sports oblivion. Retardo.

"The debts of sports oblivion. " Tell me, is that what happens when you shave points on a game? Tell me once again honors student , just what kind of grades did you have to to have to get into the honors asylum?

When all else fails, attack the grammar.

Depths (so) , this is a sports page not a grammar class. The point still remains that UAPB is a disgrace, 0-7 is disillusioned and Da Gump got shamed by being last place in 1997. Atleast Da Gump made improvements, but they still should be pimp slapped twice for ever being last place. You guys are all shames to the SWAC! You all have poor SWAC history, poor SWAC programs, and POOR SWAC CITIES!!! Bustaz.

WHAT THE KCUF..........I HAVE LIVED IN GRAMBLING FROM THE TIME I WAS BORN......AND WHEN IT RAINS IT GRAMBLING IT ALSO RAINS 2 HOURS AWAY IN JACKSON......IN THE WORDS OF GET READY...SHUT YOU ASS UP.......depleted offensive line........fool get real.......

Re: When all else fails, attack the grammar.

Depths (so) , this is a sports page not a grammar class. The point still remains that UAPB is a disgrace, 0-7 is disillusioned and Da Gump got shamed by being last place in 1997. Atleast Da Gump made improvements, but they still should be pimp slapped twice for ever being last place. You guys are all shames to the SWAC! You all have poor SWAC history, poor SWAC programs, and POOR SWAC CITIES!!! Bustaz.

ARSE HOLE I WAS THE FIRST TO TALK ABOUT YOUR GRAMMER PROBLEMS OVER IN SMALL TALK........YOUR NAME IS "MR. MATRICULATION" ON THAT NOT MATRICULATE IN AN ENGLISH CLASS.

Inclement weather and a depleted offensive line is the cause of our rating.
That's got to be one for the record books there.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mr. M
Please stop embarrASSing yourself and jsue. I'm sure the Mafia would appreciate it if you do.

He actually said a depleted offensive line is the cause of their rating smdh

Damn, bruh where do you come up with this mess????????

TigerPride, please send help

(It's got to be a downright disgrace of MAJOR proportions if I'm asking TP (the week later man) to send help)
:( :(

Am I the only person that notices the only thing he can speak about Montgomery was in 97?

*looks at the list again*

Please tell me where Jackson is located on this list as compared to Montgomery.:rolleyes:

This is terrible...

The sad part is that the clown doesn't even realize that the Mafia hung is silly azz out to dry with this one...

That should be a hint and a half for yo azz!

And to think...you actually stay in the Honors Dorm! :eek:

Somebody...ANYBODY....send help! :(

back to the topic

When you losers get through harping on grammar and what the mafia is doing the fact still remains that your pitiful programs are never going to be on J-States level. Da Gump has improved, but Coles will have them on death row with the NCAA in less than 5 years. Grambling won a damm SWAC championship and was only 2 spots ahead of us. 0-7 won the east(hahaha) and was 61 notches down the ladder from JSU. UAPB is simply a shame.

So go ahead smacking grammar and worrying about the mafia. I'll be over here laughing at all yall, cuz even on our down year yall aintonjsu'sleveL. LAMES

Back