Another Coach Leaving NCCU

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
It always sucks to lose coaches but at least they took higher paying jobs at "better" schools.

I do hate that most of the guys never coached a game at Central

Huh? Is this how we are feeling about our institutions now?

Don't be dense. It's no secret most PWI FCS and FBS jobs are seen as "better" jobs than HBCUs in and outside of the coaching world.

I'm not saying it's true, that's just the perception. Plus, majority of people aren't turning down $20k+ raises in any field. You dangle an opportunity for an FBS assistant job at any of your JSU coaches, they'll be on the next thing smoking lol

It is what it is...

Don't be dense. It's no secret most PWI FCS and FBS jobs are seen as "better" jobs than HBCUs in and outside of the coaching world.

I'm not saying it's true, that's just the perception. Plus, majority of people aren't turning down $20k+ raises in any field. You dangle an opportunity for an FBS assistant job at any of your JSU coaches, they'll be on the next thing smoking lol

It is what it is...
Forgive me if I mistook "better" school which you type for "better" job which you didn't! As for being dense, I'll let that one slide this time!

Last edited:

It is what it is...
Not all true. Jason Phillips just came from an FBS. So not all would leave for an FBS POSITION. FACTS. Just say your school coaches would leave. What Shadeur said goes for coaches also. They came because they chose to and not because they had to. So again, speak for small school coach staff.

Not all true. Jason Phillips just came from an FBS. So not all would leave for an FBS POSITION. FACTS. Just say your school coaches would leave. What Shadeur said goes for coaches also. They came because they chose to and not because they had to. So again, speak for small school coach staff.

Phillips is the sole coordinator which he wasn’t before at his last job so this was a promotion. He’s been a co-coordinator before but never one by himself.

Back