Andre' 3000's New Blue Sun

BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
Already, this is the talk of many in my own social media circles. Being that I am on the road at the moment, I won't have time to check it out right away. For now, I'm just taking notes. I love the attention on this music conversation. I see that the feelings are all over the place. Some peeps are loving it, and some peeps are totally not. Some comments I've seen are insightful and some are hilarious, never mind the memes.

I can't wait for you guys to chime in with your own thoughts. I guess I'll share mines as soon as I get to take a listen.

I liked it. It reminded me of the Jazz and Funk energy that I hear when I listen to those 70s fusion albums from Roy Ayers, Ronnie Laws, Donald Byrd and others BUT without any guitar strings and drumming. I could still imagine Dre and Big Boi rhyming if it had those missing elements to it. I could still hear the funkiness.

An album that I immediately thought of was Stevie Wonder's 79 "Journey Through the Secret Life of Plants." Originally it was not well received but now is considered unique.

When would I play an album like this? LOL, when I am going to sleep or simply meditating....

Last edited:
Back