An HIV-positive student is in jail for having unprotected sex with his girlfriend

JSU*Toi

OH H3LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NAW

Posted April 30, 2002 (Huron, S.D.) -- Nikko Briteramos, a freshman basketball player at SiTanka Huron University in South Dakota, was arrested and charged with five counts of intentionally exposing his new girlfriend to AIDS through unprotected sex.

As a result, hundreds on the small campus are being tested for fear that they have been exposed to the deadly virus.

Briteramos found out he was HIV positive last month, after he tried to donate blood. Since then, authorities say, he has had sex with his new girlfriend at least five times.

Health officials are worried that hundreds more on the college campus of 400 students could have been exposed to the virus. According to the Los Angeles Times, there isn't much to do in the town of 12,000, so the students party and have sex often -- without condoms.

"Being drunk...and your hormones are so raging," freshman Tony Dawkins told the Times about wearing condoms. "It's just like, oh, forget about it."

Briteramos gave health officials the names of 10 women he has had sex with recently, the Times reported. Of those, two have tested positive for the virus. Those women have supplied the names of 50 men that they have had sex with recently.

"It's just pretty much everybody gets drunk and looks for someone to hook up with. But there's a very limited pool, so you just go around and around," freshman Matt Ratliff told the Times.

Briteramos' new girlfriend has not tested positive for the virus, but it could take up to six months for it to show up in tests. If convicted, Briteramos could get up to 75 years in prison and a $15,000 fine on each count. The Chicago native is in jail on $10,000 bond.

Through Sunday, 135 people had been tested, the Times said. The results may not be back for several weeks.

WOAH!

If those 50 men each had sex with at least 5 different women, that's over HALF THE COLLEGE POPULATION!!! :eek: Nikko may be responsible for killing off the entire campus! Betta watch all that drinkin' & sexin.

smh

What about the ones, that went home or kicked it with people from the crib... AIDS just everywhere... :smh: sad sad sad

There's no tellin how many girls he slept with before he was tested. And he is just a freshman. Now imagine if he was not caught and what it would have been like by the time he reached his senior status. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Maybe the liquor I'm drinking is not strong enough or maybe I dont drink enough, but I just cannot get drunk to the point where I forget to put on a rubber. I might do something stupid like try to put it on backwards, but I refuse to go in naked.

Whoa...slow down now.

What about the trick that HE caught it from???? :xeye:

THey already said that 2 of the 10 DID test positive. Why should we believe that he gave it to THEM instead of the other way around????

But on the flipside, it IS fugged up that he exposed his girlfriend to the virus after he found out. That's wrong, and just selfish as hell. :mad: :(

Oh well....

that is insane

It is a darn shame that some folks will do some like that.

It is good to have a post like this so folks that are outhere, having irresponsible fun, with multiple sex partners, and unprotected sex remember that is an evil outhere called "AIDS" that will kill ya.

Sex is da best but ya betta watcha cause life could be very short if ya trying to live too fast.

Peace Out

I ain't gave a damn who gave what to who following what rave, or what they have to do in that po-dunk assed town. Unsafe sex is stupid, but unsafe sex in college is STOOPID!!

Back