Alpha Phi Alpha....Hope its not true!!!

kremesaver

"set your own standards"
:confused: No disrespect intended, but I received some rather, interesting information from a friend of mine and according to her....it was confirmed by her sorors and her Alpha friends. I'm not one for hear say so from one greek to another....whats the deal!!!

:tup: I'm quite sure that everyone is aware of the greek tags made for the front of a vehicle signifying a greek couple. Ex... AKA/KAY. Well according to the email sent to me, an Alpha which represents a part of the gay community has designed a tag signifying an Alpha Phi Alpha couple!!! :smh: I know, I was looking crazy too!!! But one half is black with gold high-lights and the other half is gold with black high-lights. I'm like, this has gone to far, I know this guy can't be serious!!!. If you guys don't care to comment....I understand and I say again, no disrespect intended but if anyone wants to see it, just PM me an email and I will send it to you.

I got that email as well....as fratenities we offten make jokes about each others frat...but I am really tired of these bogus emails floating around.

kremesaver said:
:confused: No disrespect intended, but I received some rather, interesting information from a friend of mine and according to her....it was confirmed by her sorors and her Alpha friends. I'm not one for hear say so from one greek to another....whats the deal!!!

:tup: I'm quite sure that everyone is aware of the greek tags made for the front of a vehicle signifying a greek couple. Ex... AKA/KAY. Well according to the email sent to me, an Alpha which represents a part of the gay community has designed a tag signifying an Alpha Phi Alpha couple!!! :smh: I know, I was looking crazy too!!! But one half is black with gold high-lights and the other half is gold with black high-lights. I'm like, this has gone to far, I know this guy can't be serious!!!. If you guys don't care to comment....I understand and I say again, no disrespect intended but if anyone wants to see it, just PM me an email and I will send it to you.

I know what e-mail you are referring to. It is bogus and doctored.

Jax said:
I know what e-mail you are referring to. It is bogus and doctored.

So do I. Someone forwarded that to me last week. It's about as real as a $8 bill. Somebody has obviously just passed an introductory course in Photoshop, and has alot of free time on their hands.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
I got that email as well....as fratenities we offten make jokes about each others frat...but I am really tired of these bogus emails floating around.

Thank you. I too recieved the email from a friend and immediately wrote it off as such.

Alpha Phi Alpha license plates

The Alpha story claims to originate out of Baltimore from the "AP Newswire" and is sent in the form of a press release with two examples of the vanity license plates. One reads "Taking Brotherhood to New Levels" and the other says, "We Stand Behind Our Brotherhood."

"In the age of [the] 'down low', sexual deception, and gender identity confusion, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. has taken a bold step towards clarifying boundaries and stating its position on such subjects," the press release said. The release claims that the Alphas announced on August 1, at a press conference featuring noted fraternity member E. Lynn Harris, that the group is "endorsing its first same-sex automobile vanity license plate." A quick search on the Internet found nothing about the vanity plates mentioned on the official Alpha Phi Alpha website.

"This is a splendidly wonderful day for A Phi A," said the fictitious Harris character quoted in the press release. The story also quotes the author as saying, "Once again we are leading the way, leaving the rear and boldly marching ahead." Harris is described as "enthusiastic" and "beaming" about the news.

"This is a gift for the Alpha man who has everything, including the best prize -- another Alpha man," the release quotes a man named "Sherman Bottoms" to say. Bottoms, who is described as a designer of the plates, is quoted to say: "I?m tickled through and through and ready for tying up in thinking about what this will mean for many of my brothers."

Tickled through and through? Ready for tying up? This is obviously some narrow-minded individual's mistaken impression of what being gay is all about.

- www.keithboykin.com

From the desk of the President of the National Pan Hellenic Council:

-----Original Message-----
To: NPHC@yahoogroups.com <NPHC@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: NPHCnational@yahoogroups.com <NPHCnational@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:16:26 -0400
Subject: [NPHC] Malicious Fliers

DATE: August 18, 2005

TO: Members of the Historically African-American Greek-Lettered Sororities and Fraternities

RE: Malicious Fliers

Greetings My Fellow Sisters and Brothers in Greek-Lettered NPHC Affiliate Organizations,

Recently, there have been a number of malicious fliers/e-mails sent through many list serves depicting men of our beloved organizations as gay or bisexual. These fliers are a disservice to our organizations AND members of the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender communities. Although, it would be ignorant to believe that our organizations do not have members who have different sexual orientations, it is malicious to create FICTITIOUS documents depicting these differences.

The greatest disservice, however, is the fact that we continue to support this madness by sending these messages to more and more list serves. We are intelligent, college-educated men and women. I ask that if any inappropriate messages and/or fliers arrive in your electronic mailbox, that you delete it and send a separate message to the sender that it is inappropriate to send these type of messages. I thank you in advance for heeding this message. Silence can be a sign of acceptance.

Dr. Michael V. Bowie
National President
National Pan-Hellenic Council, Inc.
P.O. Box 117045
Gainesville, FL 32611-7045
(352) 392-9196 Ext. 21
President@nphchq.org

Great letter! :tup:

When that mess circulated a couple of years ago that purportedly "revealed" all of the secrets and rituals of the fraternities and sororities, I deleted it without reading it! :mad: I don't want to know anyone else rituals, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Dirty said:
Alpha Phi Alpha license plates

The Alpha story claims to originate out of Baltimore from the "AP Newswire" and is sent in the form of a press release with two examples of the vanity license plates. One reads "Taking Brotherhood to New Levels" and the other says, "We Stand Behind Our Brotherhood."

"In the age of [the] 'down low', sexual deception, and gender identity confusion, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. has taken a bold step towards clarifying boundaries and stating its position on such subjects," the press release said. The release claims that the Alphas announced on August 1, at a press conference featuring noted fraternity member E. Lynn Harris, that the group is "endorsing its first same-sex automobile vanity license plate." A quick search on the Internet found nothing about the vanity plates mentioned on the official Alpha Phi Alpha website.

"This is a splendidly wonderful day for A Phi A," said the fictitious Harris character quoted in the press release. The story also quotes the author as saying, "Once again we are leading the way, leaving the rear and boldly marching ahead." Harris is described as "enthusiastic" and "beaming" about the news.

"This is a gift for the Alpha man who has everything, including the best prize -- another Alpha man," the release quotes a man named "Sherman Bottoms" to say. Bottoms, who is described as a designer of the plates, is quoted to say: "I?m tickled through and through and ready for tying up in thinking about what this will mean for many of my brothers."

Tickled through and through? Ready for tying up? This is obviously some narrow-minded individual's mistaken impression of what being gay is all about.

- www.keithboykin.com

:shame:

this is fake.

If you looked at it you would see the person was saying the letter wasn't true.

AAMU Alum said:
So do I. Someone forwarded that to me last week. It's about as real as a $8 bill. Somebody has obviously just passed an introductory course in Photoshop, and has alot of free time on their hands.

Forreal. Lame Negros have too much time on their hands. Whether it be another Greek or GDI this took too much time and effort for their minds to concoct this MESS.

BachMegatone said:
Glad to see that's not true, there have been many ones for our organization as well that get circulated through email.

Im just waiting on the OMEGA one to roll out.

:(

Sad. :angry:

They won't send an email to the masses about the good fraternities and sororities do, but they will circulate some FOOLISHNESS.

JSTUS said:
Sad. :angry:

They won't send an email to the masses about the good fraternities and sororities do, but they will circulate some FOOLISHNESS.

you know,, that's a good point. very good point. :shame:

I received an email from a Kappa friend of mine that had the plate and the aritcle. I read an article on line that advised that this plate and article were both false. It would be a real shame if it is true. I spoke to an Alpha friend of mine and he stated that it was not true as well. I wanted to send him a copy of the plate for him to see but I have since deleted that article.

AKA SP86

:smh:

Dude with the 'fro was in both the the nasty and the funny clip. Beyond immature!

Back