All You Olympic NBA HATERS ............ You bout to get your wish.

I agree with him... The calls are horrible. The rules are horrible. NBA rules or even college rules and all those pick up game players would be garbage excluding a few. I was fustrated having to watch the way the game was called and played. I can't imagine how Duncan felt playing himself.

GRAM4LIFE said:
I agree with him... The calls are horrible. The rules are horrible. NBA rules or even college rules and all those pick up game players would be garbage excluding a few. I was fustrated having to watch the way the game was called and played. I can't imagine how Duncan felt playing himself.

For real.

Did you see the play where Stephan went in for a lay-up and the defender turned his ENTIRE BODY AROUND AND BUTT BUMPED STEPH TO THE FLOOR. He made the shot but no foul was called. :eek:

I thought the USA Team was about to get GHETTO on they arses when that happened.
:emlaugh:

Lucky nobody came out on the floor. :)

I got pissed every time I would see something like that happen. And it was the norm... I could not imagine playing my whole life by a certain set of rules and then have to totally change my play to fit rules that people who didn't even invent the game came up with. I watched the gold medal game and those teams were not good nor talented. They may have been able to hit an open jumper but they could not play basketball. All the moving screens and illegal back picks gave them the advantage. I wanted to :vomit:

Many of us have given these NBA players a lot of grief and they really did a noble thing by going and participating in the Olympics.There were some safety concerns that some of the other players who didn't go had about the Games.And for us to send them over there ill equipped for the kind of competition that they would face is wrong.
More thought should have gone into who and what kind of players made up the team.I've even suggested that the NCAA D1A champs in an Olympic year should be considered as our Olympic representative because they have played together as a team and the NBA players won't have to extend their, already too long,season.Your thoughts please.

If I was an NBA player, I would NEVER give up my summer to play in the Olympics after seeing my boy's have to play through this mess, AND listen to all the clowns that won't even give a THANK YOU in THIS COUNTRY. :retard:

Let them send a college team next summer for the World Championships and Olympic Qualifing team in 2 years. The USA WON'T EVEN HAVE A TEAM REPRESENTED IN THE OLYMPICS. I wonder what the "sky is falling" crowd will say then. :goof:

Yeah... I believe college teams would get killed also. They do not have the skills to compete. Maybe one or two of them. Three at the most. I have a bad taste in my mouth from all the downing of our team this year. It's not like they were getting blown out or something. They lost one game by +10. They competed. No one is making a fuss that our baseball team didn't even make the olympics. Now that is sad.

GRAM4LIFE said:
Yeah... I believe college teams would get killed also. They do not have the skills to compete. Maybe one or two of them. Three at the most. I have a bad taste in my mouth from all the downing of our team this year. It's not like they were getting blown out or something. They lost one game by +10. They competed. No one is making a fuss that our baseball team didn't even make the olympics. Now that is sad.

I didn't want to take the focus away from the non-sense that was being hurled at the Basketball team............................ But I wondered about this also. The fact that the baseball team was trashed long ago, and NOBODY IS SAYING A WORD, SAY'S A LOT. :shame:

GRAM4LIFE said:
I know... Didn't we invent that sport too? Isn't it America's past time?

Yeah we definitely did invent the game of baseball, but the last time I checked Barry Bonds wasn't out there with USA on his chest trying to qualify for the Olympics. The baseball situation and the basketball situation are two totally different things. I doubt most could name anyone on the USA baseball team off the top of their head. Don't get me wrong I totally agree with what you guys are saying regarding USA basketball, but baseball is not in the same boat. Just look at the number of international players in the game of baseball making a big impact (Ichiro Suzuki, Manny Ramirez, Pedro Martinez, Vladimir Guerrero to name a few). People in other countries can definitely play baseball very well. If it were MLB players, I think its safe to say that we would have been watching them play for a gold medal, but they weren't. I hope USA basketball does a better job in the future and we can get back to complaining about only winning by 15 points.

JBlink said:
Yeah we definitely did invent the game of baseball, but the last time I checked Barry Bonds wasn't out there with USA on his chest trying to qualify for the Olympics. The baseball situation and the basketball situation are two totally different things. I doubt most could name anyone on the USA baseball team off the top of their head. Don't get me wrong I totally agree with what you guys are saying regarding USA basketball, but baseball is not in the same boat. Just look at the number of international players in the game of baseball making a big impact (Ichiro Suzuki, Manny Ramirez, Pedro Martinez, Vladimir Guerrero to name a few). People in other countries can definitely play baseball very well. If it were MLB players, I think its safe to say that we would have been watching them play for a gold medal, but they weren't. I hope USA basketball does a better job in the future and we can get back to complaining about only winning by 15 points.

Actually there were some MLB players on some of the qualifying teams and other international teams that have gotten beat and no attention was paid to it. And truthfully, if the US did allow the stars to play they would still lose the gold. Barry Bonds and all of the American stars would still probably get beat by Cuba, the Dominican Republic, or Puerto Rico. People don't realize how many huge MLB stars are not American. The NBA did not send their "Barry Bonds" or "Roger Clemens". They sent their "Khalil Greens" and "Marcus Giles". Great young players but mostly developing players. The Shaquille O'neal's, Kobe's, McGrady's, Kidd's opted not to play. These are the same players that ran through the qualifying rounds.

JBlink said:
You are making my point right there. There aren't MLB players on the team. Why is that? No one cares that we are not even making the olympics in that sport. But, they make a big deal that we only won a bronze and lost by 8 pts to the gold medal team. Why again is it such a big deal for basketball that we went and started letting our pros play but baseball can be so bad they can't even qualify? Why aren't people tripping out about that? You do understand that we didn't even qualify. Not that we got beat in pool play. No, we weren't even there to get beat.

GRAM4LIFE said:
You are making my point right there. There aren't MLB players on the team. Why is that? No one cares that we are not even making the olympics in that sport. But, they make a big deal that we only won a bronze and lost by 8 pts to the gold medal team. Why again is it such a big deal for basketball that we went and started letting our pros play but baseball can be so bad they can't even qualify? Why aren't people tripping out about that? You do understand that we didn't even qualify. Not that we got beat in pool play. No, we weren't even there to get beat.

Thank you.

Not only is "trashing the NBA thugs" that WENT and PLAYED accepted without a second thought, PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT MAKING NBA PLAYERS PLAY. If they don't, then they are selfish.

Pro baseball players CAN & HAVE played on these teams. Why is nobody demanding that they play. Why is nobody calling them trash for NOT EVEN QUALIFING.

Again ............. If I was a NBA player, I wouldn't even think about going through that mess abroad or at home.

That's all I was saying... We don't even support our team. I wouldn't have been surprised if there were Americans in the stands booing the U.S. team. I guess since our team doesn't look like the majority then it is okay. They are quick to call grown men with good jobs a thug. I guess I'm a thug, too. This is sad and sickening.

To top it off and most of guys on the team volunteered... :shame:

GRAM4LIFE said:
That's all I was saying... We don't even support our team. I wouldn't have been surprised if there were Americans in the stands booing the U.S. team. I guess since our team doesn't look like the majority then it is okay. They are quick to call grown men with good jobs a thug. I guess I'm a thug, too. This is sad and sickening.

To top it off and most of guys on the team volunteered... :shame:

I guess Shaq, TMAC and the rest knew what they were doing by not going. They were not going to gain anything. If they would have went and won the gold, they STILL WOULD HAVE BEEN THUGS FOR SHOWING EMOTION. :)

Well I must admit that they had a short period of time to practice as a team where as the foreign teams play together all the time but if you're getting paid millions and millions of Dollars to play basketball I expect u to at least be able to shoot an open jumper. Is that too much to ask? Where are the fundamentals?

PsychoJag said:
Well I must admit that they had a short period of time to practice as a team where as the foreign teams play together all the time but if you're getting paid millions and millions of Dollars to play basketball I expect u to at least be able to shoot an open jumper. Is that too much to ask? Where are the fundamentals?

Lost between shoe contracts, spinning wheels on SUV's and MTV Cribs.

:rolleyes:

STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR THE USA TEAM.

PsychoJag said:

True. Even though they were "last Minute" replacements, and not the First choices by far, hitting an open jumper is not to much to ask.

My problen is they way these guys are treated EVERY time they play but others get free passes. When the qualifing team ripped through the International World, NONE OF THESE BLOWHEARTS GAVE THEM CREDIT THEN. All they would talk about was them "BEING UP IN SOMEBODY'S FACE, MUGGIN'. Playing for the American Olympic Basketball team is a waste of time for these guy's. The players mentioned before quit caring a long time ago, and now the HEART OF THE GOOD GUY HAS BEEN TAKEN AWAY BY THESE IDIOTS. Get used to 20 year olds playing on this team. The REALLY BIG PLAYERS are not going to waste their time anymore.

I would love to see the BEST college team go up against these International teams .................. BET NOBODY WOULD CALL FOR COLLEGE PLAYERS EVER AGAIN.

Back