All BS aside. GSU and PVU, come hur for a minute.

Panther88

Banned
Question: Who are you all playing for this weekend? <b>Alumni and well wishers</b>? Or, ghetto azz crowd?

If I need to start listening to one of these ghetto azz local radio stations to <b>hur</b> the latest BS that's being produced, please, let me know so that I can pass the word on to others, who also don't listen to the BS music that's being created (attempted) today, so that we can tune in this week to understand what the heyell you guys will play in the stands and on the field. :(

Sincerely, an '88 alum. (not 1888 either smart azz! :mad: )

<b>Real</b> music of old, send help!!!

Originally posted by Panthro
Question: Who are you all playing for this weekend? <b>Alumni and well wishers</b>? Or, ghetto azz crowd?

If I need to start listening to one of these ghetto azz local radio stations to <b>hur</b> the latest BS that's being produced, please, let me know so that I can pass the word on to others, who also don't listen to the BS music that's being created (attempted) today, so that we can tune in this week to understand what the heyell you guys will play in the stands and on the field. :(

Well I can't say for sure about PV but we will take you back in to time this weekend that is a promise. But if PV is like the PV I am use then they will also take you back to. So I guess you can say that both bands will take you back to some ole' school as well as some new school.

Most of us "elders" don't wanna' hear this bullisht new music shat bruh/gul. :mad: Ol' school is aiight w/ us (sends a more positive message and has <b>class</b>).

<i>"From the windooooooooooooooooooowwwwww to the walls.... sweat on my balls????? :confused:"</i> WTF is this bullisht?

Ying-yang twins? :confused:
Lil' Jon and Eastside boyz? :confused:
Pharrell/Busta' Rhymes? :confused:

I only know of these groups because I'm talking to a ghetto azz 34 year old non-graduate of either of these fine institutions. :(

We (<b>intelligent</b> elder graduates) don't wanna' hear that bullisht! :mad: Period!

Although you have a point, you need to go to the band directors and talk about. I'm an old head myself, not as old as you but, there is a thing called diversity. You can't expect any band just play music to please the "elders". Young folks are there to and that's what they like.

As far as the "intelligent" statement, I myself like old school music and Lil Jon and the Eastside Boyz type music and I am very intelligent. You on the other hand have made some bias unintelligent statements. Just because a person likes the BS you don't, it does not have to mean that they are ghetto.

You really can't blame bands these days cuase it not like that can play some good old school music in less than a minute. The way things are going now, bands are being regulated way to much on when they can play. During the game, if they play too much, the team gets a penalty. If the band goes of the the halftime limit, another penalty. And the so called 5th quarter, man please. Some band play two songs and the police are ready to kick them out the dayum stadium.

Don't blame the bands, blame the times.

Originally posted by roadblock-2-spr97
Although you have a point, you need to go to the band directors and talk about. I'm an old head myself, not as old as you but, there is a thing called diversity. You can't expect any band just play music to please the "elders". Young folks are there to and that's what they like.

As far as the "intelligent" statement, I myself like old school music and Lil Jon and the Eastside Boyz type music and I am very intelligent. You on the other hand have made some bias unintelligent statements. Just because a person likes the BS you don't, it does not have to mean that they are ghetto.

You really can't blame bands these days cuase it not like that can play some good old school music in less than a minute. The way things are going now, bands are being regulated way to much on when they can play. During the game, if they play too much, the team gets a penalty. If the band goes of the the halftime limit, another penalty. And the so called 5th quarter, man please. Some band play two songs and the police are ready to kick them out the dayum stadium.

Don't blame the bands, blame the times.

Mr. Block, some of us don't listen to this current BS music. Therefore, we don't understand what the HEYELL they (bands) are playing.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE bands. Love to HEAR them PLAYING GOOD QUALITY music. Isht, throw some Beethoven and Mach up in there and I'm even cool w/ that. I love that stuff bruh.

But Lil' Jon and that other shat gotta' go bruh. I understand the diversification issue.

I think I'm venting because the SFC has turned into a ghetto bowl. I just don't wanna' see the image, if you will, of either of these fine institutions tarnished by BS. That's all.

Much love and <b>respect</b>! (except to Al Walsh's fat ass! :mad: )

Please believe me when I say,...I feel your pain but,..... I'm very deep in my music and I can't expect everyone else to like my style. I agree with you as well as Roadblock on the facts that these are different times in contrast to the days we marched in the ranks. Too many rules. Too many restrictions. Nobody is representing the views nor the role of the marching bands. Yes,.... I feel the commercial music today sucks but, the young kids love it and we have to reach them and give the hope and inspiration as well. I know there will be diversity in the music so,.....it should be enjoyable for all ages.

Much love and <b>respect</b>! (except to Al Walsh's fat ass! :mad: )

ROTFLMAO @ P!!!! Bruh, you know ole Al is only in it for the money!

:lmao:

Originally posted by SAME OLD G
ROTFLMAO @ P!!!! Bruh, you know ole Al is only in it for the money!

:lmao:

Don't be hatin' Al has nothing to do with what the bands play. But he can tell them ol ghetto/trying to do a morning show/comic view/tag team reject dj's to SFTU.
AL is a promoter......his job is to make money.

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
Don't be hatin' Al has nothing to do with what the bands play. But he can tell them ol ghetto/trying to do a morning show/comic view/tag team reject dj's to SFTU.
AL is a promoter......his job is to make money.

And there it is... :tdown: You're right on Mach. That's why I call it the ghetto bowl now. The funny thing is <b>Chris Arnold</b> can announce. But, he chooses to make a monkey of himself and make fun of us in the process during this game.

I'm hatin' on Al because Al hires them sorry b@st@rds every year. I'm trying to call into K104's slaw station to tell him (and the world) that we don't want that bullshat. :mad:

Much love to Grambling State University and Prairie View A&M University.

Originally posted by Bandmaniac
i hope they bring plenty of earplugs since they will be sitting in front of your band!
Well Bandmaniac I just have one thing to say good luck to PV band this Saturday because it won't be as in years past.

I just hope both bands show up on time. BOTH bands have been late arriving in the past. I hope both bands play songs during the 3rd & 4th quarter. There will be plenty of time, since the football game will be over by then.;)

I just hope both bands show up on time. BOTH bands have been late arriving in the past. I hope both bands play songs during the 3rd & 4th quarter. There will be plenty of time, since the football game will be over by then.;)

Just come see SU in the B'ham this year.....GSU sholl won't be there...

Originally posted by SUtrp96

see he knows his band is not up to par..GRAMBLING resorts to football smack when they can't win the other battle..remember sir PV has DALLAS on lock so sit it down and get your tapes ready you gonna need it..

see he knows his band is not up to par..GRAMBLING resorts to football smack when they can't win the other battle..remember sir PV has DALLAS on lock so sit it down and get your tapes ready you gonna need it..

What smack, he's talking about bands showing up on time.

This is not smack. Tell me when was the last time pv beat or came close to beating the ICON. How did you get this
v
v
see he knows his band is not up to par..GRAMBLING resorts to football smack when they can't win the other battle..remember sir PV has DALLAS on lock

from this
v
v
v
v

PV has Dallas on lock....:lmao: Now that is funny.

Originally posted by roadblock-2-spr97
What smack, he's talking about bands showing up on time.

trust man this is an ongoing fued with mr.mach...anything that someone says he has to shoot it down. if we don't say gram is our favorite band he has something to say. like he takes up for his school i am going to take up for mine. next ....

This is not smack. Tell me when was the last time pv beat or came close to beating the ICON. How did you get this
v
v

from this
v
v
v
v

PV has Dallas on lock....:lmao: Now that is funny.

it was in 98....we had yall on the ropes 55-40 smart butt! and last year we were wining 14-0 at the half. but we are talkin bands so speak on the topic!

Originally posted by SUtrp96

The SCG-5 is on MBC this year. It comes on UPN in New Orleans. I know you've been used to watching it on B.E.T. for the past 3 years. :lmao:

what how this spawns 4 new threads and posts that have nothing to do with the subject.

The SCG-5 is on MBC this year. It comes on UPN in New Orleans. I know you've been used to watching it on B.E.T. for the past 3 years. :lmao:

what how this spawns 4 new threads and posts that have nothing to do with the subject.

see you are messy like that...make sure we meet so i can ask for my money back on the tapes i purchased

it was in 98....we had yall on the ropes 55-40 smart butt! and last year we were wining 14-0 at the half. but we are talkin bands so speak on the topic!

The score at halftime was 13-0 what was the final score. Had us on the ropes :lmao:
I refuse to smack PV when it comes to football.

Back