Alcorn's copycat band

Don't forget, two of Alcorn's band directors are JSU alumni. JSU doesn't have a copyright to any song. I think Alcorn has improved this year.

Originally posted by bluenation
I am watching the alcorn band on MBC and they have copied JSU's entirely. Songs and all.

bluenation(tigeroar,Tim Abram) never posts with any substance.

Re: Re: Alcorn's copycat band

Originally posted by GRAMBLING
bluenation(tigeroar,Tim Abram) never posts with any substance.

Dayum!!!:eek2: Is that a 'call-out' or what??

:dude:

The sounds of Dynamite were not that impressive to me on the field or in the stands. Thought they would outplay us and outperform, but we did our thang and waxed that booty. That's our duty!!!!!We got much love from your fans. Especially, during the 5th Qtr.

I tell you what, I thought Gram sounded just like they did in the B.O.B 2002:

Same ole Gram. Why does the band dance when it's time for the dancing girls to perform? Never understood that. Then they do those foot dances that no one can see.

My personal oppinion of course.

Yea, he was right. "The Corn" looks like a purple and gold

JSU.

Just like the high schools that imatate the college bands their band director went to.

No, there are no copyrights, but damn, come on. And the bad part about it is, every body knows whats going on.

Come on Mr. Hackett. You know exactly what I'm talking about.

Originally posted by R E
The sounds of Dynamite were not that impressive to me on the field or in the stands. Thought they would outplay us and outperform, but we did our thang and waxed that booty. That's our duty!!!!!We got much love from your fans. Especially, during the 5th Qtr.

you all to be a shame of yourself for this this display on worthless sinning. GSU only sound good on may 3 or 4 songs the whole game. big ups to the baritones they did sound good. the trumpets need the lord blessing. they sound horrible on all most all the songs. i have to give credit where credit is due. Crazy in Love, Many Men, Never Scared soounded good. Corn had a better quality sound than gsu, and they were louder this year. it has been a big improvement from last year.

Originally posted by kkpsi10

Same ole Gram. Why does the band dance when it's time for the dancing girls to perform? Never understood that. Then they do those foot dances that no one can see.

I've always wondered that myself...

DRILL TEAM feature, not Drill teams featuring the Band...

anywayz...

yeah Many Men and Crazy In Love(some parts), sounded nice
Baritones were off da chain...

Um, why da hell did ya'll play ALL of Shake a tail feather... played Nelly verse, P. Diddy verse, Murphey verse, and bout 5 extra ones that ain't even in the song...:confused:

but anywayz, It was an Aight battle...

*no comment on the copycat thing*

Grambling, I guess you all have selective memories. It seems to me that everybody else heard a shower of boo's raining down on this year's edition of The World Shamed!!
And, like I said earlier, if you need another song for the Orchesis, ask a little child!! They can give you an idea for a song instead of you all having to play "Wild Wild West" from 4 or 5 years ago!!

The GSU World Shamed was just that...a SHAME!!

Some things just get old with time....

All i have to say is:

"Same accusation, Different Year" :rolleyes:

Alcorn will forever be falsely accused of being a "copycat. :eek:

If you call having a chorus of boo's rained down on your band getting blowing another band out, then yeah, we got our arse handed to us. Yall were straight boo'd with that lame show!!

You know it, we know, and everybody that watched the game on MBC knows it!!

Is it me or does everyone play an old song every now and again. How long has Alcorn been playing that Out on a Limb fanfare?

Just a question.

Originally posted by roadblock-2-spr97
Is it me or does everyone play an old song every now and again. How long has Alcorn been playing that Out on a Limb fanfare?

Just a question.
are you trying to hate on Out On A Limb?

how long has grambling been ghetto, dancing with the feature girls? when is the last time yall did the wild wild west thing?

sweep around your on front door before you try and sweep around mine

I started to put your azz on "FRONT STREET" but I'm gonna take a more mature stand with this one.

You and your counter parts seem to be harping on the fact that GSU played an old song.

SO!!!

The reason I asked the question cause you act like no one has ever played a song from the past. This type of childish "smack" shows you have nothing else with substance to say.

If I remember hearing correctly, your show this past weekend was basically "old school" songs. No one is complaining about that. Songs that are played year in year out. Some of you will squeeze a watermelon out ya azz before you be honest about some things.

And BTW, no one has to hate on Out On A Limb. You actually play it quite well.

Back