Alcorn State vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff game updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Originally posted by unknown1
UAPB's band looks good.:eek2:

They did! I was pleased!

Then I walked out of the room, because I refuse to watch any other part of the game!

Originally posted by Vinita
They did! I was pleased!

Then I walked out of the room, because I refuse to watch any other part of the game!

Well maybe you should stop walking out because they're still in this game and aren't giving up.

Originally posted by Vinita
Whaddya mean, :smh: ?

Well at the moment, it was not looking good. But, they ran the kick off back and put a little life in the crowd. All the need is a couple of Go Teams from Vinita and they may pull this one out. :D

Bluedog, in order to KEEP walking out, I have to KEEP walking back in, which I am not doing.

I think it is great that they are still IN the game. What they need to be is IN the LEAD. And THAT, my friend, will be rather unlikely until Bucky isn't there; a fact that makes those games difficult to watch and impossible to enjoy. I still root for the Lions (which is why I continue to read this thread), but I don't intend to witness the Icon of Incompetence continuing to destroy what could be a kick-ass football program.

[size=0.3]*Ya got that, Bucky? ;) :rolleyes: [/size]

:lmao: Let Vinita tell it and Hardman is da debil. But I'm with you, the only game I'm going to is the UCA game and thats only to see the band in person. And I want that classic to do well so they keep doin it. Get this bama folks, they're callin it the Capitol City Classic :D

Originally posted by KRANKin98
Get this bama folks, they're callin it the Capitol City Classic :D

Uhh, I'm not from Bama but they need to come up with another name for this game. I don't care if the spellings are different, (ASU-JSU is the Capital City Classic and this new one is the Capitol City Classic) that name needs to be changed!
There are 2 Captial City Classics already. The Alcorn-JSU game and the S.C. State-Benedict College game (called the Palmetto Capital City Classic). We don't need a third one.

Well, Antroy, hate to be the bearer of bad news, but those honkeys in charge don't know anything about the CCC in Alabama, and won't be changing the name of this game because of it.

They COULD call the game in LR "The Massacre What Should Never Have Happened," but they probably wouldn't go with that, either ...

Originally posted by Alcorn Warrior
Uhh, I'm not from Bama but they need to come up with another name for this game. I don't care if the spellings are different, (ASU-JSU is the Capital City Classic and this new one is the Capitol City Classic) that name needs to be changed!
There are 2 Captial City Classics already. The Alcorn-JSU game and the S.C. State-Benedict College game (called the Palmetto Capital City Classic). We don't need a third one.

Is there some written proclamation that declares a monopoly on the word capitol\capital? Every state has a capital city and a capitol building. Now I don't agree that this game between a HBCU and a D-II pwc is a true classic in terms of what we are accustomed to, and in that sense the name should be changed. Not because two other venues in two different states call their event the same. Not unless trademark/copyright laws are infringed on the federal level. just my two cents.

Originally posted by truthteller
Cause' "I" want it off.... That's yo' fact...

Ain't no harm in wanting or wishing! Personally I could give a rats azz as to the name. I'm just interested in reasons why others think the name should be changed. Because we have two other games in two different states with the name is not justifiable. I agree with one other poster who stated that this game should be Arkansas Classic.

True name: UAPB SUSTAINS ANOTHER CLASSIC AZZ WHOPPING!!

HOW BOUT DAT???

you're right...

Originally posted by blownup
Ain't no harm in wanting or wishing! Personally I could give a rats azz as to the name. I'm just interested in reasons why others think the name should be changed. Because we have two other games in two different states with the name is not justifiable. I agree with one other poster who stated that this game should be Arkansas Classic.

True name: UAPB SUSTAINS ANOTHER CLASSIC AZZ WHOPPING!!

HOW BOUT DAT???

well UAPB owns the Arkansas Classic. Mr D White didnt like that idea so they had to come up with another name where everything was split between the 2 schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back