Alabama State University 2016 football signees

Kaver1911

Hornets sign 18 on National Signing Day. Jenkins hints that there will be one or two more added.

http://bamastatesports.com/news/2016/2/3/FB_0203161851.aspx

Another QB (Khamari Gibbs) added later.

http://www.selmatimesjournal.com/2016/02/03/national-signing-day-2016-four-selma-saints-sign/

At least four QBs picked up in this class. Good size added to the defensive backfield, good young talent across the front on OL and DL, and good athletes added to help on special teams. Top rated linebacker from Memphis and three signees from Ginn Academy in Cleveland, OH. Ted Ginn Sr. always produces talent.

ALL of the young men that signed on yesterday are academically cleared and ready to go.
Looking forward to spring ball this year to see the competition at every position.

Not bad. But I like the 25 JUCOs and early enrollees signed in December.

WHAT........25 jucos.....
How many guys got cut and will it hurt your APR in a few years?

Not all JUCOs. 8 were early graduates from high schools and Prep schools and the rest were FBS transfers and JUCO graduates. We lost nearly 30 players with the transition from Barlow to Jenkins. Some of those schollies went to Dec signees. Even with that we made our APR score for the first time in 5 yrs. Jenkins said last night we're okay in the APR area. All players signed have met their academic requirements. In fact Coach said he turn down players who he thought was not prepared to enter college to earn a degree. Coach also announced that he would not field John Hendricks position but instead would use his salary to hire two additional academic coaches

This looks and sounds like a APR sanction waiting to happen. 25 jucos? 18 signees? 8 early enrollees? I don't care what he says you can't have that much turnover at our level and not take some type of hit from it. Unless there's some cheating going on? Hmm...

It's unheard of....

Not all JUCOs. 8 were early graduates from high schools and Prep schools and the rest were FBS transfers and JUCO graduates. We lost nearly 30 players with the transition from Barlow to Jenkins. Some of those schollies went to Dec signees. Even with that we made our APR score for the first time in 5 yrs. Jenkins said last night we're okay in the APR area. All players signed have met their academic requirements. In fact Coach said he turn down players who he thought was not prepared to enter college to earn a degree. Coach also announced that he would not field John Hendricks position but instead would use his salary to hire two additional academic coaches

It's not the players who signed that you should be worried about. It's the ones who leave...

This looks and sounds like a APR sanction waiting to happen. 25 jucos? 18 signees? 8 early enrollees? I don't care what he says you can't have that much turnover at our level and not take some type of hit from it. Unless there's some cheating going on? Hmm...

Compliance director Januelle White has it under control. Obviously you don't quite understand the APR process. Those players who were in good academic standing and transferred, you only lose 1 point per player but you get it back if they maintain their performance at their new school. Once again there were not 25 JUCO players signed in Dec. Included in that number were FBS transfers and high school students who graduated early.

Only time will tell remember you can't control what a kid does after he leaves your program. This doesn't look good, I don't care how you try to flip it.

Thanks for explaining it to him. We made our APR score after the Barlow recruited players left the program.
Their numbers haven't been calculated yet, technically.

But I agree. Just because they are jucos doesn't mean they will hurt APR.

Last edited:
Well, you know the NCAA on campus officials will be walking over to the AThletic Department once fall starts.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. What's the new look helmets and uniforms?

Lol...How do you know about new helmets and uniform. Do you have a spy in the program? We're trying to raise the funds. Would you like to make a contribution?

Only time will tell remember you can't control what a kid does after he leaves your program. This doesn't look good, I don't care how you try to flip it.
Dude make up your mind. At first you came here talking about the kids coming to ASU but now you are complaining about the kids leaving the program. Apparently you really don't care how YOU flip it

It's a big lie that JUCOs and transfers hurt APR.

As stated earlier, most don't even understand APR.

However, we all know that nothing that goes on at Alabama State is legit. I'm just waiting for the good news to hit. We still don't know why Jenkins left BCU... some Hornets may not but they won't tell it!

Dude, you really don't have to lie to kick it. Nobody ever said that. You guys should get ready to get yall asses kicked tho.

Back