Alabama State, North Carolina Central schedule historic football games against UCLA in 2022, 2023

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
It aint every year you get to play in the Rose Bowl..... yes take the whippin..... take the check and enjoy the experience. Im sure the players are READY for it. I would rather take an asswhippin in Cali..... than take the same beating in Troy down the street for less money.

I need some help really bad years ago I brought like 13 bitcoin I finally found my 12 word passkey I got an email saying my wallet exist in the bitcoin app that is encrypted I have no clue what to do next with this encrypted attachment

I asked why do you all like it. JSU could get a $1M from Alabama and I wouldn't LIKE IT.

This whole thread should be full of sad faces.
When people start leaving millions to our universities then we can afford to turn these down. Open up the wallets and give. So many on this board and beyond find ANY excuse not to give to their universities. Kudos to PVAMU for getting that money. Hopefully JSU's new coach will bring in additional money.

When people start leaving millions to our universities then we can afford to turn these down. Open up the wallets and give. So many on this board and beyond find ANY excuse not to give to their universities. Kudos to PVAMU for getting that money. Hopefully JSU's new coach will bring in additional money.

Mofos don't even attend games (see non-sports guy) but the first ones to say that we shouldn't play them.

I'm not in favor of them either but they are a necessary evil. At least your school has the opportunity to play them

Too many cheap Valley alums find every excuse in the world to either not donate or think that they should know how every penny of their $10-$20 donation should go.

Mofos don't even attend games (see non-sports guy) but the first ones to say that we shouldn't play them.

I'm not in favor of them either but they are a necessary evil. At least your school has the opportunity to play them

Too many cheap Valley alums find every excuse in the world to either not donate or think that they should know how every penny of their $10-$20 donation should go.

Valley cant even be in this conversation because every game is beating for you. PLUS you dont offer enough scholarships in most years to count toward a FBS win toward bowl eligibility which is why you need the money the most but never play a "money game"

I live 17 hours from Jackson and I probably attended more games than you in 2019 AND send checks every month.

Coach Prime has says he dont want to play money games until he is ready. But yes, he is getting more money into THEE.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I vaguely remember Bama State hanging in there for a good while against Florida State though they are not what they used to be. However, neither is UCLA. I am sure playing those two games is a challenge and a treat that athletes from these two programs would like to engage in. I wouldn't make too much out of this and wish them well.

Reactions: J C
I vaguely remember Bama State hanging in there for a good while against Florida State though they are not what they used to be. However, neither is UCLA. I am sure playing those two games is a challenge and a treat that athletes from these two programs would like to engage in. I wouldn't make too much out of this and wish them well.

It was within 2 scores in the 3rd quarter before it got out of hand

Beyond a payday, This is a good opportunity for these schools to use this as a recruiting trip for the university. There aren't many chances to showcase hbcu culture to potential students in California

Last edited:

The majority of HBCU grads are focused on "sports talk." Giving to their Alma Mater isn't a priority.

Back