Alabama State faces a familiar foe for the Turkey Day Classic

In_The_662

Deeeeep In The Delta.....
Alabama State is playing a SWAC opponent in the 2018 Turkey Day Classic.

Having traditionally played a non-conference opponent for that game, the Hornets will play Mississippi Valley State on Thanksgiving Day.

“It should be better attended as a more viable opponent since it is a conference game late in the season,” ASU coach Donald Hill-Eley in a news release.

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.co...pi-valley-state-turkey-day-classic/462437002/

Sorry to say this, but no team is going to pull more than Skegee vs Bama State at the Turkey Day Classic. The three teams that can rival the Skegee vs Bama State attendance in Montgomery in the SWAC would never schedule/show up on that date (AAMU {game is always in B'ham} S.U. plays in the BC the following Saturday, jsu now plays Alcorn Thanksgiving weekend and really for jsu even if it wasn't unless something is on the line, they don't travel well anyway unless it's Gram, Alcorn, S.U. or TNST). Bama State should have shared the gate with Skegee after the overhead is deducted to continue the TDC a long time ago.....

Sorry to say this, but no team is going to pull more than Skegee vs Bama State at the Turkey Day Classic. The three teams that can rival the Skegee vs Bama State attendance in Montgomery in the SWAC would never schedule/show up on that date (AAMU {game is always in B'ham} S.U. plays in the BC the following Saturday, jsu now plays Alcorn Thanksgiving weekend and really for jsu even if it wasn't unless something is on the line, they don't travel well anyway unless it's Gram, Alcorn, S.U. or TNST). Bama State should have shared the gate with Skegee after the overhead is deducted to continue the TDC a long time ago.....

But TU and Bama State is going to pull in a big crowd no matter when it is scheduled.... Bama State and Valley aint.... why put your biggest rival for Turkey Day when you can already bring in a big crowd playing them Labor Day weekend.... More people will show up for the Bama State/Valley game just because its Turkey Day Classic than if it was a regular season game.

A 3-8 jsu travels more than a 3-8 SU. Keep jsu out of your mouth unless you have facts. How the hell su winning and averaging less at home than a 3-8 team.

But TU and Bama State is going to pull in a big crowd no matter when it is scheduled.... Bama State and Valley aint.... why put your biggest rival for Turkey Day when you can already bring in a big crowd playing them Labor Day weekend.... More people will show up for the Bama State/Valley game just because its Turkey Day Classic than if it was a regular season game.

I don't dispute that. However, I don't see them being able to keep up the tradition of the TDC without Skegee. IMHO, it will die a slow death.

Reactions: J C
I don't dispute that. However, I don't see them being able to keep up the tradition of the TDC without Skegee. IMHO, it will die a slow death.

Miles can be that team.... questions is do you want to play two D2s in one season.

Reactions: J C
Miles can be that team.... questions is do you want to play two D2s in one season.
and that's the problem. 2019 they likely will have 2 D2's on the schedule again as they only have TU & Kennesaw as OOC games right now, but I'm in the let it die camp or just play the saturday before.

and that's the problem. 2019 they likely will have 2 D2's on the schedule again as they only have TU & Kennesaw as OOC games right now, but I'm in the let it die camp or just play the saturday before.

If Bama State can figure out a way to dip into Kennesaw recruiting base, it would elevate the program. Hate to say it but right now Kennesaw is at the very least 4 touchdowns better than Bama State. I suspect they will be soon beating Hampton like a rag doll.

If Bama State can figure out a way to dip into Kennesaw recruiting base, it would elevate the program. Hate to say it but right now Kennesaw is at the very least 4 touchdowns better than Bama State. I suspect they will be soon beating Hampton like a rag doll.
hornets had the talent to beat them last season but couldn't close the deal. have them the next 3 seasons so they better figure it out.

Back