Alabama High School FB Coaches make up to $86,000 a year (see top ten highest paid)

Re: Alabama High School FB Coaches make up to $86,000 a year (see top ten highest pa

Da_Sperm said:
I'm not seeing how football is the root cause of bad grades. In my day, we our parents didn't let us play *ish if the grades wasn't right. I don't expect the football coach to be responsible for my kid's grades no more than I expect the janitor.

Just because the school clears a kid to play with a 1.8, doesn't mean the parent has to clear him.

Co-sign with my frat on this one. Still remember being held out of baseball practice by my parents because I got a "C" on an assignment.

Re: Alabama High School FB Coaches make up to $86,000 a year (see top ten highest pa

Y'all had some good parents. Good for you. :cough: Y'all old folks don't know how it is now. :cough: Things are really currupt. I have a friend whose only reason he played his Jr and Sr year was because the coach changed some of his grades. He went to summer school too, but do you think his mother found out about the changed grades? nope.

Another trick is to put the kids in special ed classes to get them eligible to play.

Mr. SWAC,
Tricks of today wouldn't be tricks if they weren't used yesterday. There are ample opportunities for a parent to find out their child's grades. You have progress reports, parent/teacher conferences, report cards, homework, etc. It is virtually impossible to pass this *ish past an involved parent.

Now for those parents who thinks the only way out is athletics, it may be different.

Back to my point, if a coach works hard and has the best program, then he deserves the salary he gets. Almost every profession makes twice as much as teachers. Kind of strange since we all are/were taught by teachers. But that still doesn't say that a hard working high school football coach isn't worthy of a $75K salary.

Robber said:
One of Mississippi's best coaches retired about 4 years ago and went to Alabama to coach football. So, he's getting his Miss. retirement, plus his salary as coach in Alabama. He thought he was underpaid in Mississippi and took advantage of the retirement system to make more money and still coach.

The coach you are referring to coaches at Oxford High which has probably the most tradition in football in the state. They have a real nice stadium for Alabama... its not huge but real nice... It kind of reminds you of Pine Bluff's stadium the way it is bricked up on the outside.

DAHILL said:
The coach you are referring to coaches at Oxford High which has probably the most tradition in football in the state. They have a real nice stadium for Alabama... its not huge but real nice... It kind of reminds you of Pine Bluff's stadium the way it is bricked up on the outside.
I'm talking about Mike Justice, who built a powerhouse at Noise Talka's beloved Madison Central High School. Is that the guy at Oxford High???

Robber said:
I'm talking about Mike Justice, who built a powerhouse at Noise Talka's beloved Madison Central High School. Is that the guy at Oxford High???

Yep thats him.

I couldnt find a better shot of their stadium but here it is from the outside.

Mvc-018f.jpg

enswaclopedia said:
Deuce; The top coaches in Georgia were making that figure you are talking about 5 years ago.

Yeah, yall mugs got a lottery. :nod2:

Deuce said:
Yeah, yall mugs got a lottery. :nod2:
Yes, and we appreciate Alabama's contribution to it. You have to remember that high school football is king in South Georgia. We don't give a damn about soccer as long as we can get 1 good kicker out of the program. If Title IX wasn't the law we could do without that also. We use basketball, wrestling, and track to keep the football players in shape. There are exceptions like where Mighty Hornet went to high school. They were trying to become Georgia's answer to Prarie View. But don't take your basketball team up in there; girls or boys. They will blow you away on a Green Wave.

enswaclopedia said:
Yes, and we appreciate Alabama's contribution to it. You have to remember that high school football is king in South Georgia. We don't give a damn about soccer as long as we can get 1 good kicker out of the program. If Title IX wasn't the law we could do without that also. We use basketball, wrestling, and track to keep the football players in shape. There are exceptions like where Mighty Hornet went to high school. They were trying to become Georgia's answer to Prarie View. But don't take your basketball team up in there; girls or boys. They will blow you away on a Green Wave.

See here South Alabama is more a football side and North Alabama is strictly basketball. One of our girls high schools in Huntsville won a national championship in 2000....The Butler High Runnin Rebs was voted one of the best girls teams ever in the country. They played more out of state games than in state games and won 3 of the countries largest tournaments. They averaged 110 points a game. Scored a state record 185 points in a game and won the state championship game by 52 over West End. A team of 10 Black females from the hood. They were the first high school team on a national cereal box. 7 of the 10 players signed D1 scholarships. 1 with Tennessee, 2 with Florida..... we dont play when it comes to girls basketball here... Tennessee use to be king of girls basketball but Alabama has taken over.

DAHILL said:
See here South Alabama is more a football side and North Alabama is strictly basketball. One of our girls high schools in Huntsville won a national championship in 2000....The Butler High Runnin Rebs was voted one of the best girls teams ever in the country. They played more out of state games than in state games and won 3 of the countries largest tournaments. They averaged 110 points a game. Scored a state record 185 points in a game and won the state championship game by 52 over West End. A team of 10 Black females from the hood. They were the first high school team on a national cereal box. 7 of the 10 players signed D1 scholarships. 1 with Tennessee, 2 with Florida..... we dont play when it comes to girls basketball here... Tennessee use to be king of girls basketball but Alabama has taken over.
In South Georgia we ridicule schools where the girls basketball team recoord is better than the football team. Nobody down here really cares about Title IX sports except for the players and thier parents. You even have male coaches who think they are being punished for having to coach girls sports.

enswaclopedia said:
In South Georgia we ridicule schools where the girls basketball team recoord is better than the football team. Nobody down here really cares about Title IX sports except for the players and thier parents. You even have male coaches who think they are being punished for having to coach girls sports.
girls bball here is huge.... it aint your boring slow pace basketball.... most of the good teams are all Black teams who will run you to death..... girls games here often get into the 80s and 90s on the regular.

Back