Alabama Governor's Race

mr. suave

This race at one point got down to an eight vote lead. This is going to be an interesting race. This race was feeled with mudslinging and galling advertisements. So, this does prove that your vote does count.

iT'S SOME SHADY DEALINGS GOING ON!!! FLORIDA ALL OVER AGAIN!!!:redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
This Governor's race is going to be stolen from Siegleman like George Bush did Al Gore for President. I am so fed up with the voting system in the South. We continue to allow OFays the opportunity to steal votes for their party. This is another travesty to America. Where is the NAACP, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, when we need them?

I am feeling everyone but......We don't need Jessie nor AL. We need to stand up ourselves and don't let something like this happen. This is suppose to be America...here we are sending Delegates to other countries to ensure people can exercise their vote in a safe and fair environment and we can't do the same in our own country.....make me understand, can we just shake hands and try again next time? What are we teaching our children?

Yall ain't lying. When I got home form band practice, that jank said 49% for both. I voted for Siegleman like any other working man should but I don't know how this will go.

Now they're saying Riley because the votes weren't tabulated correctly in Baldwin Cty and the sheriff did a recount. Some are saying the Sheriff did the recount after the (poll )workers went home at midnight. The sheriff is certifying the votes to the new count. They said according to AL law a candidate can not request a recount that it has to done by a voter who puts up some ($$ bond). News is showing 49% and no actual counts.

smh@all of this.............Don Siegleman is the best candidate. He has proven his worth the last 4 years. And I hope he wins so I can vote "yes" for the lottery *thinking about all the places it held me from going*

Riley is going to get it because he has good ole "Alabama Values". That's all it takes to win an election in this state.

KOOP63, you NAILED it right on the head!

Never mind that Siegleman has done more in the way of bringing in plants to Alabama than has been done since WWII. Never mind that under Siegleman, Alabama's woeful image as being anti-business with a buffoon idiot governor was beginning to change. Just as soon as the state gets a progressive governor like Siegleman, there is a backlash and we got to vote in a moron like Guy Hunt, a complete buffoon like Fob James and now a guy that runs the current high-tide of republican/conservative smack about character and values off of the Clinton phenom to sway people into voting for him. "Alabama values" is right,, and that is all it takes every dern time. I literally hate the morons in my state who buy into this non-sense. I wish this guy nothing but bad luck. I hope the democrats hound his arse from here to kingdomcom just like the republicans have been successful at doing and tearing down every democrat since the Clinton situation. Very bitter defeat for me as a Siegleman support.

B, you think Alabama has problems. Cross the Chattahoochee River, and you will see problems.

Understand that Senator-Elect Chambliss' campaign IMHO questioned the patriotism of the Vietnam vet and triple amputee Max Cleland and won. Yes, low ball and gutter campaigns win in Georgia too.

Understand that Governor-Elect Perdue promised (That is what I call it.) to put on the referendum to bring back the Confederate emblem onto the Georgia flag.

Understand that Cleland voted with Bush about 30% of the time. Yet, Bush came to Georgia to campaign for Chambliss.

Understand that the stars and bars were shown at various Chambliss rallies.

Understand that a lot of Whites in the state are glad about Perdue's campaign promise to put the flag out there for the voters. Trust me. The flag issue is only the start of something big.

Understand that more money is needed to fund school systems, epsecially rural one. Understand that Georgia teachers are among the lowest paid in the nation. Yet, the conservative tide does not bode well for education funding in the state.

I guess Perdue's "good ole Georgia values" helped.

You thought that Alabama had problems.

HA! yeah, but EB,,

Understand that Alabamians flock to Georgia to buy lotto tickets and help yall send your kids to college,,,, or waste the money,, or whatever is happening to it.

The flag issue is a classic, CLASSIC Alabama type situation. I'm suprised this moron in Alabama didn't run on placing the confederate battle flag back atop the state capitol. and believe me,,, now that they have an ally in the governor's seat, the daughters of the confederacy, sons of confederate veterans,, etc are going to come out of the wood work calling for their governor to put the question up for a vote.

I road around in SW Georgia since 1997. I'm telling you,, dem was some mad p-woods man. Why is it that when white people get mad, they are unstoppable? I saw big bill boards with the names of Georgia officials who had voted to remove the emblem and they were making plans then to get back at those officials and get the emblem back.

B, on the lottery tickets, think about this. Georgians used to go to Florida to buy them. They used to go to Alabama for the horse racing.

I thought that after 1998 when the SC and AL governors called for a referendum on the lottery that they would win re-election. Well, I guessed wrong.

But you are right about those White Georgians being mad. They had web sites up about it. They got their wish on Tuesday night.

Understand this. The Confederate emblem did not come up until 1955. This was right after the Supreme Court decision in the Brown v. Topeka case.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Confederate emblem

It's the same across the south, except for Mississippi where, I think, the emblem has always been a part of their flag.

In Alabama there was no confederate battle flag flying above the state capitol until, in a brilliant political move to further energize voters to his camp and not be "out-niggered again", Wallace ordered the confederate battle flag raised above the state capitol in defiance of federal court-ordered mandates to desegregate public facilities in Alabama. It was a masterful ploy for Wallace and the supporters of the flag at the time, but it was never taken down and that's when Alabama ran into problems was when someone, especially "radical" black political officials (err Alvin Holmes and Joe Reed), demanded that the rebel flag be removed.

The only way it was removed was because of a fluke during the "little" Jim Folsom administration. They were rennovating the dome and had to remove the flag poles and flags. They removed all three flags, rennovated the dome and put the flags, only two, back up. It almost went unnoticed until the confederate hacks demanded to know why the rebel flag wasn't up. Folsom officials told them in essences, "well,,, says right here in the constitution of the state of Alabama that the U.S. flag and the State flag shall fly atop of the capitol dome. doesn't say anything about the confederate battle flag. ifen we puts the confederate battle flag up, we would be breaking the law of the state of Alabama. we are all for the battle flag, but our hands are tied folks.".

The confederate hacks where FURIOUS!!! :lmao: Folsom, of coarse, went on to get BLOWN OUT in a re-election bid, but although they do lots of saber-rattling, no governor since has wanted to re-open that can of worms by putting the flag back up there and having that connection with them in history,, but that could change if a governor agrees to put it to a vote of the people. It would win overwhelmingly and he could say, hey, I didn't put it up there, this is strickly what the people of Alabama wanted and voted for. :mad: :redhot:

Riley and Alabama Education

Yeah,,,, this guy appealed to the "traditional values Alabamians" blasting a lotto and given his republican foundation of no new taxes. I want to see how this mug intends to improve education without lotto dollars and without raising taxes. I want to see him do all the budget cutting and belt tightening that they been saying Siegleman should be doing.

One thing he will push through immediately is school vouchers, you can bet your bottom dollar on that.

Re: Riley and Alabama Education

Originally posted by Bartram
Yeah,,,, this guy appealed to the "traditional values Alabamians" blasting a lotto and given his republican foundation of no new taxes. I want to see how this mug intends to improve education without lotto dollars and without raising taxes. I want to see him do all the budget cutting and belt tightening that they been saying Siegleman should be doing.

One thing he will push through immediately is school vouchers, you can bet your bottom dollar on that.

I would love to see Perdue improve education in Georgia without raising the income tax. Sales taxes have been raised enough. I wonder where he will cut the budget.

I thought that Alabama would have had a lotto by now. Georgia will keep theirs. I think.

Anyway, Georgia and Alabama will become political twins in more ways than one.

One thing about Alabama you must understand,,,,

whatever seems logical or the prevailing trend,,, you can bet your bottom dollar Alabama will go in the other direction like clock-work, except the current conservative continuation of the Reagan Revolution,,, on that Alabama will fall in line like a 1st grader going to juice break. Alabama, for some reason, (I think it is denial from losing the civil war) is forever going against the grain. A lotto would seem to be the answer to everyone's questions,,, but invariably, Alabama has come up with reasons (I think it is because the citizenry of Alabama is so easily duped by gossip, heresay and general political muck-raking) to BLAST the lotto and gaming into sub-atomic particles. It's unbelievable to me. Here we are willing to sit here,,, with barely a boot full of piss and not a window to throw it out of,,,, but yet we reject any and all means of raising money for education. It's incredible!

I JUST FINISHED WATCHING A PRESS CONFERENCE WHICH SAYS THAT ALL THE VOTES HAVE BEEN RECOUNTED AND THAT RILEY IS THE NEW GOVERNOR OF ALABAMA. I'LL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED.

yeah,,,,

,,, not suprised. i was looking at county-by-county numbers and Riley basically blew Siegleman out in all but the predominantly black rural counties, Jefferson county and a few others here and there. dude just blew Siegleman out,,, and i'm SICK! :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Did Riley got any dollars from Georgia?

Alabama is a state to be proud of, why turn back now?

AEA is going to catch hell!

Alabama

yeah, no doubt. It's just that it really grates on me how Riley can win based on nothing. NOTHING I SAY!!! WHAT HAS THIS GUY DONE FOR ALABAMA?! :redhot: I have never even HEARD of Riley until this election!!!!! :redhot: This is one step shy of the Guy Hunt embarrassment!!! :redhot: How in the hell does a state elect a MORON,,,,, A COMPLETE, BUMBLING IDIOT MORON I TELL YOU,, WHO WAS NOT A COLLEGE GRADUATE,,,, TO BE GOVERNOR OF THE COTTON-PICKING STATE??!!!!!:redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

CAN YOU IMAGINE A BLACK BEING ELECTED GOVERNOR THAT ONLY GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL AND WAS A SELF-MADE FARMER/INSURANCE SALESMAN???!!!!!!! :redhot: :redhot:

Bartram, I will be watching Perdue. But you may be able to replace Riley (Alabama) with Perdue (Georgia).

I think that replacing the flag maybe harder than I expected. But the supporters of the old flag expect Sonny to deliver.

Back