Alabama A&M put on probation by accrediting body

J-State

MD & Crew,

What is this all about?

Alabama A&M University is on probation. Students worry that's hurting the school's reputation.

School administrators say it has nothing to do with academics. They say there are a number of reasons a school can be put on probation. But they aren't saying why it's happened to them.

Gov. Bob Riley says its time the school got things under control.

'What we need is a ruling from the supreme court so we can go ahead and appoint the trustees back to that board. They need to do a presidential search and they need to do one now,' said Riley

Full Story: http://www.waff.com/global/story.asp?s=9499813

Until I know "For What", I aint jumping the media circus bandwagon.

Yall gotta come better than this.

You know what it is about. Stop fronting. Educated blacks + mess = Probation. You attended a HBCU. You know the deal. Keep it real.
MD & Crew,

What is this all about?

Alabama A&M University is on probation. Students worry that's hurting the school's reputation.

School administrators say it has nothing to do with academics. They say there are a number of reasons a school can be put on probation. But they aren't saying why it's happened to them.

Gov. Bob Riley says its time the school got things under control.

'What we need is a ruling from the supreme court so we can go ahead and appoint the trustees back to that board. They need to do a presidential search and they need to do one now,' said Riley

Full Story: http://www.waff.com/global/story.asp?s=9499813

Last edited:
You know what it is about. Stop fronting. Educated blacks + mess = Probation. You attended a HBCU. You know the deal. Keep it real.

LOL!

Now Cee? You know good and well certain schools dont have, or had issues. :rolleyes:

C'mon now Dawg.

"Snake"

Last edited:

I live in Huntsville and don't know why? But I am concerned because it's one of ours. What's the issue with hiring a new Prez. Riley must have a person in mind. One of his boys.

LOL!

Now Cee? You know good and well certain schools dont have, or had issues. :rolleyes:

C'mon now Dawg.

"Snake"

Just answer the question. AA&MU is the school in question not JSU and any other SWAC school. Well, your friends down south is another matter.

I live in Huntsville and don't know why? But I am concerned because it's one of ours. What's the issue with hiring a new Prez. Riley must have a person in mind. One of his boys.

Well I aint concerned, I"m just curios.
:noidea:

I can't view the article, what did it say?

Just answer the question. AA&MU is the school in question not JSU and any other SWAC school. Well, your friends down south is another matter.

....Dont you live in Huntsville?

Shiiiid....you more closer to sources than I am anyway. It shouldn be hard for you to find out whats happening since you're interested and live there. I live in Atlanta Ga, and dont know nuthin about whats going on the Hill.

Yea its messed up that A&M gone be on probation; but it aint nuthin that they caint get out of. Hell I'm sure at one point or another this matter done came up at other schools; they fixed the problem and kept steppin'; the same that will happen with A&M.

What lol

"Snake"

Well I aint concerned, I"m just curios.
:noidea:

I can't view the article, what did it say?

Bruh, i'm sure it's not much. My wife heard it on the news last night and asked me about it. The news article didn't say much other than it had nothing to with academics. A&M has been under the radar for at least the 11-years i've lived in Huntsville. From what I have witnessed, it lacks sound leadership. It will go away as soon as the board member and president are appointed by Gov. Riley.

....Dont you live in Huntsville?

Shiiiid....you more closer to sources than I am anyway. It shouldn be hard for you to find out whats happening since you're interested and live there. I live in Atlanta Ga, and dont know nuthin about whats going on the Hill.

Yea its messed up that A&M gone be on probation; but it aint nuthin that they caint get out of. Hell I'm sure at one point or another this matter done came up at other schools; they fixed the problem and kept steppin'; the same that will happen with A&M.

What lol

"Snake"

....why are you commenting/posting if you don't know anything.

...still don't know anything huh :noidea: ...and at the same time lost for word. :clap: just plain ignorant! :sick:

from what Ive heard.... its a paperwork issue, some dealing with financial aid... nothing major and it should be cleared up soon... has NOTHING to do with academics.

Bruh, i'm sure it's not much. My wife heard it on the news last night and asked me about it. The news article didn't say much other than it had nothing to with academics. A&M has been under the radar for at least the 11-years i've lived in Huntsville. From what I have witnessed, it lacks sound leadership. It will go away as soon as the board member and president are appointed by Gov. Riley.

Over all... I think Riley is the best governor that I can remember in at least the last 20 years in this state....he is a Republicans but he has done alot for the Blacks in the state (especially in getting jobs to the Black Belt area).... I dont think he has "killing AAMU's image" in his agenda like previous governors. We havent really had a BOT since Jennings been fired. They have been appointed and dismissed and reappointed. We need a board before we can choose a president. But we must have a STRONG President. AAMU is much larger than 1 person, but AAMU needs strong leadership to carry out its mission.

In the Huntsville Times today, David Person, stated that he has an inside source who provides him with information, who love AAMU. I have stated on many occasions, that these sources never show up at a meeting or come to a National Alumni Meeting to resolve problems. These people throw a rock and hide their hand. Trustees statements are based on being the good trustee and constantly try to seperate themselves from any issues facing AAMU. If the Interim President hired Dr. Marbury, it is her right to do so. Everything that is done to correct any situation; these source people are against it. Maybe if they will step forward they can solve our issues and not run to the newspaper with things that does not matter.

Back