Alabama A&M announces 2017-18 Basketball Schedule

TvSportsGuy21

Alabama A&M will face Alabama, Minnesota, Michigan & Georgetown this season in basketball.

http://www.rocketcitynow.com/sports/alabama-am-mens-basketball-releases-2017-18-schedule/791356258

2017-18 Schedule

Nov. 11 @Ohio University

Nov. 13. @Samford

Nov. 17 @Alabama

Nov. 21@Minnesota

Nov. 24 Barclays Center Classic (vs Niagara University)

Nov. 25 Barclays Center Classic (vs Western Carolina or UT Arlington)

Nov. 29 vs. Georgia State

Dec. 2 @Austin Peay

Dec. 11 @DePaul

Dec. 13 vs. Southern Mississippi

Dec. 16 @UAB

Dec. 21 @Michigan

Dec. 23 @Georgetown

Jan. 1 @GRAMBLING State

Jan.3 @Jackson State

Jan. 6 vs. UAPB

Jan. 8 vs. Mississippi Valley State

Jan. 13 @ Alabama State

Jan. 20 @ALCORN State

Jan. 22 @Southern

Jan. 27 vs. Texas Southern

Jan. 29 vs. Prairie View

Feb. 3 @UAPB

Feb. 5 @Mississippi Valley State

Feb. 10 vs. Alabama State

Feb. 17 vs. Alcorn State

Feb. 19 vs. Southern

Feb. 24 @Texas Southern

Feb. 26 @Prairie View

Mar. 1 vs. Grambling State

Mar. 3 vs. Jackson State

Mar. 6 -10 SWAC Tournament

Good schedule. Guarantee game money will help a lot. Finally doing what we should have been doing for years.

are georgia state and usm at home or neutral? It is less important to play money games than to play a competitive schedule. I like a schedule with one or two good high majors and the rest of the ooc with beatable bad high majors, or mid majors that you can squeeze for a home game in a series.

are georgia state and usm at home or neutral? It is less important to play money games than to play a competitive schedule. I like a schedule with one or two good high majors and the rest of the ooc with beatable bad high majors, or mid majors that you can squeeze for a home game in a series.

Thats basically what this one is. Southern Miss is horrible and beatable. Georgia State beat us by 15+ last year, but our team last year was done before the season started. Alabama, Minnesota, Michigan and Georgetown will be the the blowout money games. USM, Western Carolina/UT-Arlington, Niagara, Austin Peay are beatable if we have a good team. The rest will likely be losses between 10-20 points. Samford and UAB will be tough...they are loaded.

I could see us getting to conference play with 3 wins.

Ga. State and So. Miss are our home games.

Coach Marsh doing work..I like the slate

Instead of playing a bunch of low interest games while school is out on Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks or during final exams, the plan called for playing money games early in the season to get the team ready for conference play, and to play a couple of higher interest home games during school break. This should spike attendance for early home games.

Yep definitely similar to the TSU model with a few home games mixed in. Good schedule Bama North! Excited to see how Coach Marsh improves the program!

Instead of playing a bunch of low interest games while school is out on Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks or during final exams, the plan called for playing money games early in the season to get the team ready for conference play, and to play a couple of higher interest home games during school break. This should spike attendance for early home games.

Coach Marsh is making the right moves I expect from a coach of his pedigree

Coach Marsh is making the right moves I expect from a coach of his pedigree

He told about the type of schedule he wanted to play and he got it. He did not get the big center/power forward that he recruited hard. Obviously, lack of facilities put him at a competitive disadvantage.

Back