AI...Just come off the Bench.

Dr. Phreeze

It is I...Yes it is...
Idea of bench role still bugs Iverson

By Joe Juliano

Inquirer Staff Writer

MEMPHIS - Call him selfish or justified or misunderstood or call him a villain. However you describe him, Allen Iverson knows one thing about controversy, which is something that seems to follow him around like a little lost puppy.

"I think too many distractions happen when you're not playing," Iverson said yesterday after participating in the 76ers' two-hour practice at Memphis' Rhodes College. "It's just better when you're on the court."

In the latest distraction, Iverson opted not to play in Sunday's 85-69 loss......

Shut Up AI

All of this media hype on Sunday and Monday could have been avoided if AI came off the bench. I am not saying that Coach Ford was right. AI just have to prove to him that he would be affective if he came off the bench and gave the team a spark against Detriot.

From Fan to Player,

:shame:AI, your ego is getting you in trouble in the media and the rest of the league.:shame:

:redhot:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
you crazy as hell..... After seeing his interview on ESPN yesterday, I dont blame him. AI has dont more for the 76ers in the past 8 years than ANY other player. Now Glenn Robinson needs to "come off the bench" AI is the only player on the team with any heart. A 6'1 guard that goes to the hole on players two times bigger than him, plays through injuries , and has single handidly carried a team full of sorry, unachieving players.

Originally posted by DAHILL
you crazy as hell..... After seeing his interview on ESPN yesterday, I dont blame him. AI has dont more for the 76ers in the past 8 years than ANY other player. Now Glenn Robinson needs to "come off the bench" AI is the only player on the team with any heart. A 6'1 guard that goes to the hole on players two times bigger than him, plays through injuries , and has single handidly carried a team full of sorry, unachieving players.

I feel ya, but when you come to practice late and do whatever you want without letting the team know...

All I am saying is that this fiasco could have been avoided if he just came off the bench.

I know he has giving his all and he is a great player in the league but he is the reason why Larry Brown left Philly. Brown wanted Iverson to become a leader and obvisously he didn't see that in him. He just not realized how good Brown has been to him until he left. His leadership is in question and Stephen Smith stated that some of his teammates wanted to be traded ASAP (If you happened to watch sportcenter last night you would know what I am talking about. But I know you did watch it. Right?) The fans are starting to turn on him like crazy in Philly (If you want proof, go to the Sixers message board on ESPN). AI needs a coach that is strict someone to push him and Brown was the one and he messed that up.

Iverson is a tremendous player but I don't understand the players of today. With the money that he's making, he should have been willing to sweep the floor and clean the toilet if asked.

Originally posted by EyEoFtHeTiGeR
All I am saying is that this fiasco could have been avoided if he just came off the bench.

I know he has giving his all and he is a great player in the league but he is the reason why Larry Brown left Philly. Brown wanted Iverson to become a leader and obvisously he didn't see that in him. He just not realized how good Brown has been to him until he left. His leadership is in question and Stephen Smith stated that some of his teammates wanted to be traded ASAP (If you happened to watch sportcenter last night you would know what I am talking about. But I know you did watch it. Right?) The fans are starting to turn on him like crazy in Philly (If you want proof, go to the Sixers message board on ESPN). AI needs a coach that is strict someone to push him and Brown was the one and he messed that up.

Philly fans will turn on ANYBODY...so that isnt saying much. The fiasco could have been avoided if he would have started his FRANCHISE player. The fans come to see Iverson, not none of them other scrubs on the team. If Iverson wants to start, START HIM. If Iverson aint a leader on the 76ers then who is????

Philly fans will turn on ANYBODY...so that isnt saying much. The fiasco could have been avoided if he would have started his FRANCHISE player. The fans come to see Iverson, not none of them other scrubs on the team. If Iverson wants to start, START HIM. If Iverson aint a leader on the 76ers then who is????

Yeah Philly fans will turn on anybody. They even booed Rubben Studdard while singing the National Atheme at the NFC Championship game. They are the worst fans in the nation. BUT IMHO Iverson is not a leader. The team doesn't have a leader. Attitude reflect leadership and his attitude toward practice is not great.

This time the Philadelphia fans got it right. I told you guys on the last Allen thread, he HAS TO GO...

Of should I refer to him as BD - Basketball Diva! :lmao:

Originally posted by Olde Hornet
This time the Philadelphia fans got it right. I told you guys on the last Allen thread, he HAS TO GO...

the what they gone do???

Originally posted by Olde Hornet

And like I said in the last thread .......................SEND HIM TO THE LAKERS. :D

Philly is dead in tha water for the next 5 years or so.:goof:

Iverson is a tremendous player but I don't understand the players of today. With the money that he's making, he should have been willing to sweep the floor and clean the toilet if asked.

---

This is the kind of mentality people have who only listen to the geek white boyz on talk radio who are secretly are jealous of the BLACK ATHLETE. You should be ashame of yourself. "clean the toilet". SMH!!! Sad....just sad for you to even utter such.

Money has nothing to do with it. These guys are not over paid. They are paid. Paid what they should get. PERIOD!!!!

Ain't nothing wrong with AI......Philly needs to fire Ford immediately. How can they let their team fall apart behind a redneck Celtic with interim in front of his title.

AI's interview on SportsCenter was right on last night. AI is right......Everybody needs to get behind him instead of regurgitating they HATE these white boyzs have for tatooed millionaires.

Much ado about nothing.

FIRE CHRIS FORD...he's done more damage in 2 months than anybody has in three years. Who in the f--- does he think he is?

How can a 3 time scoring champ, 1st team NBA, franchise player, leading scorer for the team the past 8 years, and only player that brings it night and and night out come off the bench?

The problem is not AI, its Philly. Philly doesn't have enough blue-collar guys on the team as it did the year they went to the finals. Players that play with AI can't be concerned about his practice habits, his tardiness. They needed to simply rebound his misses and get the ball back to him. Until Philly and the Philly coach realize this, they are going to have problems out of AI.

L, bring him the Dallas, we'll take him.

AI is arrogant, diva, jerk, spoiled brat with no feelings or respect for his team mates or coaches. I have no respect for anyone like that, I don?t care what the can do on the court. If you walk like a POS, act like a POS, you are a POS. Allen = POS. GOODBYE DIVA POS!!!!!!!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Iverson should have started no matter what! Philly is his team! You know, I can see if they were winning without him. AI is the only one in Philly that gives his all.

CHRIS FORD WILL BE GONE BEFORE AI LEAVES THE 76ERS!

If Larry Bird got injured...do you think the Celtics would have him coming off of the bench. If Peyton Manning got injured, do you think they would have him coming off the bench? If Shaq or even Kobe...hell Karl Malone got injured, would they have any of them coming off the bench? No other star of their teams...of any sport...would be riding the pine. You try to get them in there as fast as possible so they can help the team win and make a push for the playoffs. I don't see anyone else on the Sixers stepping up. I think it was awful to have AI riding the pine...especially when half of the people in Philly come out to see him anyway. I bet you Tim Duncan will start when he gets better. The best thing for AI is to request a trade at the end of the season.

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE
If Larry Bird got injured...do you think the Celtics would have him coming off of the bench. If Peyton Manning got injured, do you think they would have him coming off the bench? If Shaq or even Kobe...hell Karl Malone got injured, would they have any of them coming off the bench? No other star of their teams...of any sport...would be riding the pine. You try to get them in there as fast as possible so they can help the team win and make a push for the playoffs. I don't see anyone else on the Sixers stepping up. I think it was awful to have AI riding the pine...especially when half of the people in Philly come out to see him anyway. I bet you Tim Duncan will start when he gets better. The best thing for AI is to request a trade at the end of the season.

It was stated that Larry Bird and Magic Johnson came off the bench when they were injuryed during their prime on NBA Fastbreak Tuesday by David Aldridge.

I'm with "Da Hill". He should have started and if is playing wasn't up to "Par" then take him out. He has proven his skills time and time again for Philly.

I say to Annie Mae......just pack your Shutz Nizs up and move on. Go to Cleveland with James. Some organization will be glad to have him.

Originally posted by ksmith
That's bullcrap!!! Bird and Majic didn't come off of the bench.

I am talking about a few games. Its not like they are coming off the bench for the season.

Now back to AI.
It's only one dayum game.

I feel that he disrepected his team.
Was he effective last night? Has he been effective for the past two weeks? He is not doing well as of late.

Nope....he had a bad game. That happens with him from time to time. It's nothing new. AI can have bad shooting nights, but he always gives 110%. To bench him or not start him is almost like saying the losing is his fault. Heck.....they let Cal Ripken start every game for a decade just so he could get Ty Cobbs...or somebody's record. Sometimes they started Ripken at the expense of the team, but they still started him. AI deserves that same type of respect. He is the franchise player and most importantly he wanted to start. So let him....most suckers would take the day off. Not AI he wants to play so reward that attitude.
White boys do what AI desires and they call them "IronMen". AI does it and he's called selfish.

You see what I'm saying?

Back