Agree or Disagree...Live 2gether before Marriage

Originally posted by aamuprettywoman
Given that we know what's right and what we've been, would you still marry someone you have never lived with?

What?!!?

Let me try to answer your question. YES, I married my Wife and we never lived together. I dont believe that 2 people must live together in order to get married. My mommy would call that SHACKING!!

Besides me personal I could not do the shack thing. Y'all didnt know my mommy.

I hope i answered your question.
:D :D

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
That's the only way for me. I don't need to try out what God has already promised to me.

NOPE.

MY 11TH COMMANDMENT
I SHALT NOT LIVE TOGETHER WITH POTENTIAL MATE BEFORE MARRIAGE.

Nope! If you gonna invest yourself and believe in the relationship, do it up right and get married. Not just put your toes in to test out the waters.

I agree that it may be best if you don't shack...

We shacked and we are married. If you're gon' shack, shack with a purpose.

April needs to hurry up and get here.............

*helping to knock down books and stuff flying at Mrs. Evans head*

I did the shack up thing. But now I'm not....:(

But it was like Mrs. Evans reason, it was with a purpose.

Originally posted by limefree
If a couple is comfortable with the situation and are in a committed relationship I don't see anything wrong with it. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I agree.........if two people want to live together then that's their buisnesss. Now me and "that girl" tried that living together thang last year.......I didn't make it past April. :rolleyes:
(You'll never know if you truly want that person until live together......it puts any relationship in perspective. )

That's the only way for me. I don't need to try out what God has already promised to me.
DIDDO!!!!!

MY 11TH COMMANDMENT: I SHALT NOT LIVE TOGETHER WITH POTENTIAL MATE BEFORE MARRIAGE.
DIDDO!!!!!

Nope! If you gonna invest yourself and believe in the relationship, do it up right and get married. Not just put your toes in to test out the waters.
DIDDO!!!!!

If you want any of this chocolate milk you MUST buy the entire cow!!!!! ;)

OK......I have a question for you females who said no. What happens if you been with this dude for a longggggggggggg time before ya'll get married....and you haven't "sampled" the goods. Then on the honeymoon......homeboy whip out and has all of 2 inches. Then what you gonna do?:lmao:

Interesting...Very interesting...

I agree with all of you...I've never shacked, don't plan on shacking. :D

Phatback, Mike, Ntelekt...STFU ahead of time! :lmao:

NOW FOR ALL OF YOU WHO SAY....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIDDO!!!!!

quote:
MY 11TH COMMANDMENT: I SHALT NOT LIVE TOGETHER WITH POTENTIAL MATE BEFORE MARRIAGE.

DIDDO!!!!!

quote:

DIDDO!!!!!

If you want any of this chocolate milk you MUST buy the entire cow!!!!

Have you not broken any of the 10 commandments related to couples or relationships? If so, isn't that being hip-po-crit-i-cal?

For example, you'll sleep with a person before marriage, but you won't live with them before marriage. What's the difference in God's eyes?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
well...

Good point aamuprettywoman? but if you are NOT having sex with your Sig Other before marriage then you are not being a hypocrate are you??? But realistically, if we REALLY break it down from a Biblical perspective than every one of us is a hypocrate. If you tell a ?white lie?, if you eat food when you are not hungry, if you lust, if you judge the actions of others? if you just live and breathe air you are by nature a hypocrate because we ALL fall short of the glory of God.

But I do see your point. That is why I am a great proponent of not doing EITHER before marriage?

But let me not start preaching up in here? I think I did enough of that in the ?2001 birth control for males and females? post. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by unknown1
OK......I have a question for you females who said no. What happens if you been with this dude for a longggggggggggg time before ya'll get married....and you haven't "sampled" the goods. Then on the honeymoon......homeboy whip out and has all of 2 inches. Then what you gonna do?:lmao:
Her ass gonna suffer, that's what. Then she ain't gonna wanna have sex with his ass. But that's what God sent. Guess she'll have to suffer through it.

To each his own... If you're gonna do it, don't make it a long term thing. In our case, we shacked for 6 months to pay for the wedding. We'z married now.

If you have Bible quoters in your family, be ready for the sermons they are gonna give you. If you can't handle them budding in your business, do one of two things:

1. move the wedding date up
2. go on a cruise and get married avoiding all their tired azzes

***ducking books*** :D

The truth shall set you free, like Aunt Esther said to Fred.........

Originally posted by blaquebuterfly
Good point aamuprettywoman? but if you are NOT having sex with your Sig Other before marriage then you are not being a hypocrate are you??? But realistically, if we REALLY break it down from a Biblical perspective than every one of us is a hypocrate. If you tell a ?white lie?, if you eat food when you are not hungry, if you lust, if you judge the actions of others? if you just live and breathe air you are by nature a hypocrate because we ALL fall short of the glory of God.

*putting on "I am a Heathen T-shirt and head-band"*

:lmao:

Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag
To each his own... If you're gonna do it, don't make it a long term thing. In our case, we shacked for 6 months to pay for the wedding. We'z married now.

If you have Bible quoters in your family, be ready for the sermons they are gonna give you. If you can't handle them budding in your business, do one of two things:

1. move the wedding date up
2. go on a cruise and get married avoiding all their tired azzes

***ducking books*** :D

Ms.J4J, I guess I'm like one of those in your family. I not to long ago had to sit one of my line sisters down and talk with her about this. Not because I was getting in her business, but because of Romans 1:32. I consider her not only my line sister but a true friend. She, too, said she was gonna move in with him to save and pay for the wedding. After we went over several biblical verses, I told her " all throughout you life, God has provided you with all that you needed and the majority of what you wanted so why do you think He will not provide for you so you can have the wedding you want, if it is His will that you marry this man." She said she had not looked at it from the point of view I was saying and she really appreciated me coming to her about it. She ultimately decided to move in with him anyway. But, I know we have a true friendship because she didn't react negatively to my talking with her. We are still the closest of friends.

Phat, gimme back my dayumed HEADBAND!

But you see, Sister, that you two are still friends says not only a lot about HER, but about YOU. You stated your case, stood firm in your beliefs, and remained loyal to her as your friend as well as your LS. There are people who don't speak to me to this day because I stayed with my husband (4 months) before we got married.

Yeah ... I really miss them, too ...

:rolleyes:

I tried to stay out of it...

Unknown and Robber...God knows the desire of my heart. Even in his word, he said if my way pleases Him, he will give me the desire of my heart. I don't have to worry about "sampling" the goods because God has already taken care of that. He presents the "total" package and doesn't fall short of it...ONLY...if I am obedient...ONLY...will I not only receive what I "need", but also what the desire of my heart.

And for the family members, friends, etc that "get in your business"; some of them are truly trying to help you. They just didn't know the correct way of presenting it to you. JSTUS exemplified that with her friend. She put it on the table in a way that her friend continue to respect her as a friend.
;)

Re: Hey KEMER!

Originally posted by Vinita
*waiting for books and thangs to fly toward's J4J's heathen head*
Throwing up a shield to help my girl.......and myself

We shacked up for a month before our wedding for practical reasons.
(namely, my lease was up and his wasn't)
Had I not been engaged I wouldn't have shacked at all.
(...something about my mother killing me...)

Is it hypocritical?....yes.
(Even more hypocritical was the fact
that it was perhaps the only celibate month of
our relationship...I couldn't let the
brother have it all)
But that's life, and we're only human.

...anyway....to each his own

P.S.
What did we get for our month of celebacy?
Pregnant on the wedding night.
You see GOD has a sense of humor.
;)

Nita: :D

Sister JSTUS: My mother still speaks to me! In fact I visited her last week when I was in Louisiana and she gave me a new pair of black shoes. And so does my Daddy who is a preacher! Ha! I love them all but again I did not need them budding in my business. It was actually my mother who had issues that she'd tell everyone but me. My father prayed with us about OUR decisions and left it at that. He even paid for some stuff and gave us a fist full of money. AND he walked me down the aisle. :D

I respect THEM and THEIR beliefs. I only wanted them to respect my right to make a choice about MY life. Ultimately they got over it and the God that I pray to has not stopped blessing me yet.

That is just why my wedding was in my Daddy's living room and not at my church. :idea: The reception was in the backyard. Beautiful too...ask Tara. She was there.

P.S. I told my family if they weren't paying for anything then I did not need their suggestions. That time was stressful enough without all those opinions. Guess what my mother did? She wanted the staircase decorated where I was to walk down...I told her as long as she was paying for it, she could put whatever she wanted on it. She did! I had ivy leaves twisted in a vine with lights and tangerine flowers... Beautiful too...

Back