Adonis S. "Cold Cocks" Bad Chad Dawson

JROCK

Preeminent
Adonis makes quick work of Chad Dawson Saturday night in Round 1. :lol: :emlaugh: I wonder what is next for Adonis Stevenson.

dm_130609_box_adonis_new.jpg

I saw that 1st round knock out. Good stuff!!!! My only confusion, however was why Adonis was running and jumping around like he had never won a fight before. He had 5 belts beforehand. I mean dude was on the ring floor crying like a little toddler. :confused:

I saw that 1st round knock out. Good stuff!!!! My only confusion, however was why Adonis was running and jumping around like he had never won a fight before. He had 5 belts beforehand. I mean dude was on the ring floor crying like a little toddler. :confused:

I believe his elation was due to two things. 1) He was the underdog going into the fight and 2) Chad was the highest profile boxer he has beat. This quick work of Chad will certainly get him a good payday in the future.

I believe his elation was due to two things. 1) He was the underdog going into the fight and 2) Chad was the highest profile boxer he has beat. This quick work of Chad will certainly get him a good payday in the future.
Yeah, Dawson was easily considered the best light heavy in boxing. So beating him was a great win for Stephens. I saw the KO, and I question whether the ref should have stopped the fight.

Yeah, Dawson was easily considered the best light heavy in boxing. So beating him was a great win for Stephens. I saw the KO, and I question whether the ref should have stopped the fight.

Yes, it could have been a tad too quick. However, looking at "Bad Chad" it didn't look like he wanted more then when the referee stopped the fight he woke up acted like he was done an injustice (IMHO). :lol: :emlaugh: I believe if the referee would have let the fight go on Adonis would have knocked him out shortly after (could be wrong).

Yes, it could have been a tad too quick. However, looking at "Bad Chad" it didn't look like he wanted more then when the referee stopped the fight he woke up acted like he was done an injustice (IMHO). :lol: :emlaugh: I believe if the referee would have let the fight go on Adonis would have knocked him out shortly after (could be wrong).
When you're the defending champ, considered the best in the division, wouldn't it be nice to at least have a chance to try to survive??? No matter how unlikely. I didn't see a safety concern. He got cracked. Fell. Got up. Let him fall again, then stop it.

When you're the defending champ, considered the best in the division, wouldn't it be nice to at least have a chance to try to survive??? No matter how unlikely. I didn't see a safety concern. He got cracked. Fell. Got up. Let him fall again, then stop it.

Agree....

Yea even though he was dazed, he was able to get up and respond he probably could have shook it off.

Back